Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Felurian

Default Beautiful Evening . . .

Lordy, what a charming evening Li'l Miss Kharma has given me!

Charley and I both got home at the same time, so I started in the house with some groceries and my briefcase while he went to turn on the water to the cattle trough. I had everything juggled just so and was trying to get Kharma to chill out a bit so I could get through the door without getting the full blast of her joyous greetings while my hands were too full to defend myself.

I couldn't get the door to open.

So I set everything down and tried it again.

No go.

Again.

Still no go.

The little Monster had locked the door!

We couldn't get in through the laundry room because the door has an interior latch that we keep hooked since Shiva stays there while we're gone. Bimmer has taught everyone how to open the door if it isn't latched.

Charley had to go back through the old back door and the room where his Mom stored everything. I distinctly heard two major thuds and several swear words, but he got us in the house.

It got dark enough to let Kharma go out to play with Shiva and Bimmer. If it's too light she herds the cows, so she's strictly a night-prowler for now.

She came back in COVERED in mud, so it was off to the laundry room to dry off enough to brush clean.

Of course, an hour later she wants to go outside again. Crying and banging the door.

So out she went. Predictably, ten minutes later she was banging on the door to be let in. I got up to let her in, but as soon as I got the door open she jumped off the stoop and ducked her head away from me.

I could see her jaws working and hear something crunching, so we played a bit of Ring Around the Forsythia Bush, fruitlessly I might add, until Shiva came out and we had Kharma outnumbered and soon cornered.

Lo and behold, my charming, delightful, dainty little Princess has a L-O-N-G, pink, bald tail hanging from the side of her feminine lips. I pried those jaws open - sure enough, she was noshing on a barn rat. I found a big leaf and grabbed it by the tail, hauled it out of her mouth - all eight inches or so of it, not counting tail - and sailed it over the fence. It sounds fairly simple, but I had hold of Kharma by the scruff of her neck with Shiva prancing around thinking it was all a great game, trying to distract both of them to keep them from taking off after the prize.

Hauled her happy little butt back in the house where she and Shiva are having a grand game of tug now.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Alpha Dog

That dog is really something. I can see why you need all that room for them

Chazhound
Old 02-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Felurian

And Kharma's the quiet one of the two!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-10-2005, 07:07 AM

And I guess you were thinking something silly....like putting groceries away and a nice quiet dinner?? lol I pictured it all......toooooo funny (easy for me to say, right?) How she locked the door!!!!! I LOVE your dogs!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Top Dog

I am sorry to once again laugh at those silly dogs and the stuff they do, but you have to admit they must keep you quite amused. They sound like Brady, plus probably 40 or so pounds each, and times two. I can't even imagine. I don't count Bimmer in that ratio because he always seems like the level headed one of the three.

Those dogs are so funny!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Wolfpack

LOL too funny Renee and at the same time a little gross (eww)...a rat...come on.
But LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!
Nicco

Old 02-12-2005, 09:59 PM
no touchy

lol
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Show Dog

Renee, that was just too funny! You're actually too brave to take the rat out of her mouth, I wouldn't have done it, rats are gross!!!!! Ewww... and I thought Blondie was too much for playing with a tiny dead mouse once... Thank God I could distract him and Mom quickly took it away. But your stories are the best! I love your dogs!!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Love my pets

I'm so thankful for Shiva and Kharma. Their stories make me laugh. This had to be one of those times when you will laugh about it after much time has passed. Gives those girls a hug for me.