Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Default Portuguese Water Dog!

Made a very hard, but smart decision today, for a few months I've been talking with a breeder, and a spot opened on her list when she had a much bigger than expected litter for a June puppy...

I said no :-(

That'll be smack in the middle of the rebuild... And the timing is just awful...

I fell in love with the breed after meeting a couple at work and have been considering them for a while, was tentatively in touch before even the fire, and really struggled to say no...

She only breeds maybe twice a year and put my name on her list, hopefully by the next litter I'll be settled into the house
Old 04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Aww, that is disappointing, but stuff like that usually works out for the best in the long run - I bet in a year the perfect PWD puppy will be in your life.

PWD's, at least the ones I've known, have been a little bit shy and not so great with big changes, so I don't think they're a breed that would do well with a lot of moving around and instability, especially during the puppy/developmental period. I think waiting is the right decision.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com