Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
(I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.
First of all, if you rarely see NIP, I don't understand how people are so "in your face" about it...and I can almost guarantee you are somewhat frequently in the same area as women who are NIP and just don't realize it. Because 1) there are no "noises" that go along with it, and 2) most people aren't "in your face" about feeding their baby. So unless you're looking with interest at the woman and her baby (which I'm assume you're not, since you don't like babies so much), it's unlikely you'd notice.

Second, why can't you go to the restroom to eat your burger? You can eat your meal in there just as much as an infant can. Do you think people should bring their 1 year olds to eat their cans of baby food in the bathroom? Or their toddlers who may not yet have impeccable manners?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here.
you live in a pretty disgusting town.

Quote:
women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it)
you think it's acceptable to shun a mother into a bathroom or her car to feed her baby? what would you think if someone called you a disgusting pig and told you to go and eat your burger in the bathroom because you were making them sick?

Quote:
I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.
really? nursing mothers are inviting themselves to sit with you at restaurants, whipping both of their breasts out onto the table and demanding that you intently watch them nurse their child?
Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Oh, you can go to the bathroom to eat. It is legal and no less ridiculous than asking a baby to eat in there. Maybe you should seriously consider it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

Close your eyes!!!

Horrible, disgusting, NIP picture coming up

(ok so this was technically at a family gathering but I did the same in public MANY times and it looked identical)
Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.
oh, the irony
Old 04-24-2013, 02:56 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Horrible, disgusting, NIP picture coming up
you win one internets, ma'am.

but seriously, most people walking past that scene would just assume it was a mother holding her infant unless they were practically INSPECTING her and TRYING to find something to be offended about.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
What kind of dreadful person prides themselves on scaring mothers into reeling in their children or hurting peoples feelings with a singular look?
If I ever encounter this person while out with my 5yo, I hope we get the look. I guarantee that we would both find it hysterical.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

I can not wait for the day that our culture catches up with many others in remembering that breastfeeding is a very important and valuable part of life. If people grew up seeing it more often most likely we wouldnt have the rude judgements we so often see about it.

I LOVE that my children see it all the time. I love that my husband has no weirdness or uncomfortableness talking to a woman who happens to be feeding her baby at the same time. If someone is uncomfortable with it, that is their right and not always is it controllable..butit should be a challenge to them to fight it..to overcome it.

I was very uncomfortable with it for a time. I am a shy person and very easily become uncomfortable in "normal" life settings. But I NEVER wouldve thought it was somehow on them to change..I always knew the problem was with me. In the end, logic won out.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Obey the Toad.

I'm still trying to figure out where the noise is coming from? My SIL is currently nursing her second child and I was standing at a family gathering 2 feet from her while she was nursing and didn't hear a thing.

I love the blog post!!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here. women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.

I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.
What?!

Yes, women should be forced to sit in a smelly restroom to feed their children- that's such a wonderful idea. How about you go and take your meal to a public restroom and see just how appetizing that is Maybe you should- I'm sure there are many, many people who aren't fans of the foods you eat. Afterall, you're so concerned about people offending you (although I really can't wrap my head around the fact that you're so disgusted by feeding an infant the way nature intended).

This always comes to mind when I read your posts. I bet you have these on under your clothes, and are a never-nude:

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep