Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Wow, this got crazy.

As another person who doesn't particularly 'like' kids (I love that other people do, and I feel a very strong urge to protect children, and I think the love of them is beautiful, but in person they make me awkward, and we don't get along) and who never wants them, I can't imagine caring about breastfeeding in public. There's so many real things in my life that bug me (like the man who just drove by with the bass turned up so high that I, in my house, felt like my head was being crushed--it hurt) that I don't actively rally against...

I wish every woman felt comfortable feeding her child as she wanted to in front of whomever. Breastfeeding is beautiful.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Likewise Dizzy. Boobs and tattoos can be all up in my face whenever, where ever.
Tattoos on boobs are ok too! Or tattoos of boobs. Whatever :P
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
here's so many real things in my life that bug me (like the man who just drove by with the bass turned up so high that I, in my house, felt like my head was being crushed--it hurt) that I don't actively rally against...
my boyfriend does this. I can hear him before he pulls on my street.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
You're right. I can see necks, arms, and legs, and that is just too much skin for me. I can't handle how offensive all that human skin is.

How about this?

I need that. I'm super pale and fry in the sun.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

There's also, to me, a huge difference in being offended by NIP if you believe that women shouldn't ever show any amount of cleavage, their shoulders, etc...or for some other reason hold the belief that women shouldn't be out of the home that frequently when they are mothers, etc. because of religious beliefs or a strong belief in patriarchy or something.

But when you're coming down to reasons like "I don't like the noises" (which are nonexistent) and that women are in-your-face about it, it comes across like you have zero reason to be against NIP and are just holding onto an incoherent argument because you're too stubborn to let strangers on the Internet "win".

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 PM
PSD Partner

I had to respond to this. When I had my first visit this month with my daughter we were outside sitting on a bench for a good 2 hours talking. Nico was fussy and we had no place to warm his bottle. So the first time in 14yrs I breast fed in public. I had the stroller in front of me and my daughter beside me. Now because Nico had a cleft lip I always had to be able to see him to feed him which means he never adjusted to being covered. And since I am large chested yes people could see just about everything except the nipple itself.

There were tons of people walking back and forth and not one person looked at me badly. Most I don't think even noticed even with not being covered up. Since then I have breast fed in public a few times with no issues. When we bring bottles now they have juice not milk. I am proud that I have the confidence finally to do this. If someone has an issue because I can't cover up when feeding him then that is their issue.

Just wanted to share our success. Sure has made travelling so much easier.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I had a very tough childhood at the hands of my peers, some of it was even physical ... But most of it was emotionally damaging.
I have to ask this. And I'm not attacking you. But if you where bullied physically and emotionally. WHY would you do that to other people? YOU didn't like how it felt when you where on the receiving end of it, so in turn you perpetuate it and now instead of being bullied you are the bullier. This is why bullying never stops, because it happened to you it makes it all right to do that to others?? This isn't me saying hey you can't believe/feel/say this way. Because we all have different opinions on things. Its me saying take a look at what you are doing because you are doing the.same.thing. those kids did to you. And now you are doing it to others.
You are not the first to be bullied in school and you won't be the last.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Professional Nerd

My daughter did kind of growl and make crazy noises when she nursed, but that probably doesn't come as a surprise to those familiar with her.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
My daughter did kind of growl and make crazy noises when she nursed, but that probably doesn't come as a surprise to those familiar with her.
Thank you for that.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Top Dog

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't make me somewhat uncomfortable if a woman is trying to hold a conversation with me and her boobs are somewhat hanging out (this happened to me once at the gym daycare I work at). It's not something that like... disgusts me, by any means. I think it's great when women breast feed their babies. But it's not something we've ever done. I feel like most people I know fed formula so it was just... never something I grew up with, or saw often. Can't say I have any desire to do it.

To be honest, I never even really see it in public that often? There's only a handful of times I can even recall seeing a women breast feeding her baby in public in my almost 23 years of life. So it's kind of a non-issue. Not something that would ever affect me personally really sooo, it's kind of a 'whatever'. I can't imagine staring a woman down or giving a disgusted look or anything. That's just rude.

I guess to me, yes I'll be somewhat awkwardly uncomfortable if you're trying to talk to me while doing it but I certainly wouldn't be offended, or say anything, and I understand. Gotta do what you gotta do.