Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Got Floof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
It's okay for horses to nurse because they're animals, even though humans are animals too.

Is it because most mammals have fur? Does that make it better.

So, would a furry human NIP be okay?

Breastfeeding-approved levels of furriness.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post

Breastfeeding-approved levels of furriness.
Perfect! Now she just needs to lay in the fetal position or kneel on all fours to nurse.

Can you say adorable?!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yeah ... Not everyone has the money for that, which I do not.
You know you have issues? You know you're not in the best state you can be? And yet you still share your opinion, knowing it is hurtful? You choose to not better yourself because you can't afford a doctor?

You should know they have free state provided help that require a lot of paper and foot work but they're free nonetheless, seek it out.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I dont share my opinion because it is hurtful, i share it because it is MY opinion & its MY right. disagreeing often makes it seem hurtful.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
I dont share my opinion because it is hurtful, i share it because it is MY opinion & its MY right. disagreeing often makes it seem hurtful.
My opinion is that you should seek counseling. There are many opportunities out there for free or reduced cost clinics.

Here's one that looks promising in San Antonio:

http://psychiatry.uthscsa.edu/Clinic...hoTraining.asp

They use an income based fee schedule. Your first visit is $40 ($20 if you're a student), and then each visit is based on your monthly income.

Here's a direct link to the fee schedule:

http://psychiatry.uthscsa.edu/Psycho...20Schedule.pdf

Of course it's your right to share an opinion, however, you display SO much anger towards breast feeding mothers and pregnant women. Saying that women who are NIP are disgusting and belong in a smelly bathroom is just... cruel. You wouldn't like it if I told you to go eat your meals in a bathroom (and most adults are more disgusting eaters than a quiet baby nursing).

Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Yes, but it is hurtful (and you stated earlier you pride yourself on your look that intimidates people) the way you phrase so many things, you don't just disagree you adamantly criticize those who partake in things like NIP.

Maybe rereading, editing with empathy, and thinking for a bit before posting will help you be less abrasive and thus less likely to be seen as such a mean person.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
You seem to misunderstand that as much as you want to whine that you have the right to share your opinion, everybody else ALSO has the right to tell you THEIR opinion is that your opinion sucks. Stop complaining about your right to free speech and your right to express yourself because everybody else here has the exact same right. You can't have it both ways.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should do that thing.

The irony of this is that women have the RIGHT to breastfeed in public and yet you don't want them to do it; you think they should NOT do something they have the RIGHT to do because it offends you.
Yet you have opinions that you also know are offensive to people on this board - this is, what, the third breastfeeding argument you've been involved in here? - and you never consider that you should NOT share it even though you have the RIGHT to do so because it will offend people.

Again - you can't have it both ways.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Yes, but it is hurtful (and you stated earlier you pride yourself on your look that intimidates people) the way you phrase so many things, you don't just disagree you adamantly criticize those who partake in things like NIP.

Maybe rereading, editing with empathy, and thinking for a bit before posting will help you be less abrasive and thus less likely to be seen as such a mean person.
Yes yes!

Here is an example, because I know you have tattoos.

Let's say there is a tattoo thread and you don't like tattoos. You KNOW it's a thread for tattoos and people to share/talk about them. Isn't the mature thing to do not to go in that thread and declare the fact that you don't like tattoos?

Or even worse, you go into the thread and say 'I find tattoos disgusting. Everyone who gets a tattoo is trashy' or some other inflammatory statement.

Or insert a gay couple holding hands or whatever makes you uncomfortable.

You see how that is a little bit.... rude? It could be your opinion but just because it's your opinion doesn't mean you get to go stomp all over other peoples' feelings. You use 'well, it's my opinion' as an excuse to hurt people's feelings.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Yes yes!

Here is an example, because I know you have tattoos.

Let's say there is a tattoo thread and you don't like tattoos. You KNOW it's a thread for tattoos and people to share/talk about them. Isn't the mature thing to do not to go in that thread and declare the fact that you don't like tattoos?

Or even worse, you go into the thread and say 'I find tattoos disgusting. Everyone who gets a tattoo is trashy' or some other inflammatory statement.

Or insert a gay couple holding hands or whatever makes you uncomfortable.

You see how that is a little bit.... rude? It could be your opinion but just because it's your opinion doesn't mean you get to go stomp all over other peoples' feelings. You use 'well, it's my opinion' as an excuse to hurt people's feelings.
Exactly!

Dogdragoness, WHY do you go into every thread about breast feeding and pregnancy? If you find these topics so sickening, why do you put yourself through the torture?

Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Double standards? I think so.

Quote:
I for one think its society they needs to "grow up" I mean why is there so much stigma about a dog in a clothing store or walmart or a mall. I have said it before, even the dirtest dog is cleaner then some humans :P.

so some folks are allergic/afraid ... so what? I mean come one people, cowboy up all ready. I am creeped out by dolls but they still sell them, I am allergic to mushrooms but they still sell them. Some perfumes give me a migraine but they still sell them, see the trend here?

i am just saying, if we "disallow" everything that offends someone there would be nothing left.
I think you should take your own advice here