Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,339
Default Witnessed a bad car accident today!

AGH, I can't get it out of my head! Everyone was ok, as far as I could see, so that's good!

I was in a bad accident almost 3 years ago and it was almost identical so that's why it shook me up more.

I was pulling up to a light. It's a four way intersection... not SUPER busy, but can be somewhat traffic heavy. Anyway this was at 3:30pm.

I was behind a pick-up truck at a red light. Our light turned green. He kind of waved the person that was headed the opposite direction (facing us) making a left hand turn... he waved her on to go ahead and make her u-turn (as our lane hasn't started moving yet- JUST turned green).

Well... there is 2 lanes. So the lane right directly next to me... this car just comes FLYING ... and it's a GREEN light, so I guess he just assumes no cars would be there, and I just held my breath, winced, and was like OMG because it was that feeling of, you knew what was coming.

BAM, they collided right in the middle of the intersection and the one car went flying (not like in the air, but it slid really far) and the horn was blaring off.

God it was just horrible to witness, and the noise (the awful noise that happens in a bad crash) that was the noise I couldn't get out of my head after my accident, so to hear and see it again, just brought it back. I was shaking.

I pulled over, but there was about 4 other cars pulled over as well. I was somewhat in the middle of the road, so didn't want to get myself hit, so I decided to go ahead and keep heading home, plus I had Jackson in the car, etc. I probably should've stayed, but it seemed like they had enough witnesses and all were okay. I talked to a woman who said 911 was called.

But gahhh, that is why I NEVER go flying through a light that just turned green. You never know what stragglers are still going through and whatnot!

Just so scary!
__________________
Brit & Jackson
~ It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas ~

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,898
Default

Oh gosh! I'm so glad no one was hurt and I'm sorry it brought back such thoughts for you.

I saw a fresh accident last year driving back from Indy in July... a motorcycle was merging onto the highway and hit gravel. No helmet law. His shirt was ripped off his body, his head was cracked open... blood everywhere. I'll never forget that. No first responders yet, but I made sure 911 had been called and carried on. No idea if he was ok or not... he wasn't moving. :/
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,379
Default

I am so sorry you had to see this and relive it.

This is a good reason why road traffic laws are in place and we need to follow them despite wanting to be nice. I get being polite and waving someone through... I do it lol but really it is risky to be a good samaritan on the road and ignore the rules of the road.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I am so sorry you had to see this and relive it.

This is a good reason why road traffic laws are in place and we need to follow them despite wanting to be nice. I get being polite and waving someone through... I do it lol but really it is risky to be a good samaritan on the road and ignore the rules of the road.
Oh I know. I'm always nice in the car and let people go, but only in certain situations. This was not the road to do it on! I feel bad cuz that guy in the truck probably feels guilty.

I always refuse. I've had people wave at me and tell me 'go ahead' and I'm always like 'no thank you' and shaking my head no lol. i HATE that and I refuse to go when I can't see what is on the other side.
__________________
Brit & Jackson
~ It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas ~

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:09 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Oh gosh! I'm so glad no one was hurt and I'm sorry it brought back such thoughts for you.

I saw a fresh accident last year driving back from Indy in July... a motorcycle was merging onto the highway and hit gravel. No helmet law. His shirt was ripped off his body, his head was cracked open... blood everywhere. I'll never forget that. No first responders yet, but I made sure 911 had been called and carried on. No idea if he was ok or not... he wasn't moving. :/
Ugh horrible. My accident involved a motorcycle and it was very traumatic. They survived thankfully. Mine was a bit more technical though, it was technically both of faults, kind of confusing situation, but ultimately I got the blame... ugh, because I was making the left hand turn, but he went flying through light when all other lanes of traffic on his side had stopped. Never even saw him. But gosh it was just horrible. I still have anxiety while traveling in vehicles.
__________________
Brit & Jackson
~ It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas ~

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Oh I know. I'm always nice in the car and let people go, but only in certain situations. This was not the road to do it on! I feel bad cuz that guy in the truck probably feels guilty.

I always refuse. I've had people wave at me and tell me 'go ahead' and I'm always like 'no thank you' and shaking my head no lol. i HATE that and I refuse to go when I can't see what is on the other side.
Oh man I know what you mean. There is an intersection here that is horrible. There is an intersection here that is HORRIBLE for accidents. You can't see what is coming from the left turn lane and WHAM almost daily
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 PM
ThoseWordsAtBest's Avatar
ThoseWordsAtBest ThoseWordsAtBest is offline
Wu-Tang Steph
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalamazoo.
Posts: 727
Default

Glad to hear they were OK. When I was a teenager we saw a cyclist get hit by a car and he did not make it. Died on the scene and we were directly across the intersection from where he was hit. The cops barely spoke to us and I think moved us on quickly because we were a car of terrified kids. I was in the back seat and did not see him get hit, but I remember him laying on the ground.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site