Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

Question tricks

i know theres some trainers here do you know some tricks i can teach kayko hes loves to learn new stuff and i only have to show him once or twice thanks
Old 02-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Top Dog

lol teach your dog how to crawl..I taught my Chi..its the cuttest thing ever...get him in a down position and pull a treat across the floor and tell him to CRAWL...keep the treat against the floor and drag it along, don't lift it...this will cause your dog to also "crawl" along the floor after it...lol well at least that's what my dog did haha
Old 02-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

Depending on the dog, I find a fun trick is to get several different small stuffed animals and teach them the names of the animal. People are SO impressed when you tell your dog, "Get your blue elephant" and he does! An even better trick is to ask them, "What kind of animal goes 'moo'?" and teach them to get the cow. The trick there is that the animal sound is the actual command; "Moo" means go get your cow, "Cluck cluck" means get the chicken, etc.

A whole different dimension comes when teaching colors. Some dogs don't seem to be able to do it, but a lot of them can. I start with yellow, blue, and red tennis balls. Then I scent them all with different smells, usually just things I have around the kitchen. They learn easier which ball you mean when they're scented differently. Then, when they're reliably picking the right ball, get a new set and don't scent them. It can be really tricky to teach, but it's a great way to show off how smart your dog is!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

i did that with brownie with the colors hes really good at it i can tell him anything anycolor and he gets it also he has 4 differnt long hangy monkeys they are his favorite he dont go to sleep with out it he know when i tell him to get the orange one he does

ill try the crawl one thanks
Old 02-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

also anytime my mother says where the mommas (me) he finds me know matter where i am kayko knows me as titi (spanish for aunti)brownie can be outside or even wrestleing with kayko and if my mother says she cant find me he stop real fast snifs and starts going to all the places i usally am and then he snifs real hard and finds me in to second i even hid on top of the fridge once

keep the ideas comming thanks