Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Big Dog

Ticks creep me out big time. I'll pick up a snake and spiders do nothing, but show me a tick and I'll vanish quickly. I have been wanting to take Ro out for some mild hiking at a nearby state park with tons of beautiful wooded, rugged areas but I hesitate because I don't want to pick ticks off either of us.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 AM
love herds

I have been pretty lucky up until last year we never had any bug problems. Then Last year Desoto seemed to end up with ticks every time he went outside for even a minute and Radar picked up fleas EVERYWHERE he went. So I quickly got over my fear of using poisons on the dogs. The weather here means I can get away with only using it for a few months anyways, everyone is getting dosed this year.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

It's definitely been the worst year for ticks over here too. They are just everywhere. Even will preventative on, I've pulled several off the dogs and cats in the past week, as well as one off my ankle and one off my neck.

My Photos