Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
. I did see the cropped photo of the guy missing half his leg and thought "wow he looks so grey" and figured it was from the explosion and then when I saw the real photo I was like OMG... he's grey because he is missing his leg.
If its the one guy I think...he is missing both legs I think? One was just gone, the other was the mangled mess in the photo

ETA : just went back to look...maybe it is only the one. When I first saw it I thought it was both but now thinking the other is just not as visible
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

And yeah, the one pic with the lady in blue...and the worker checking her pulse....I do fear that may be showing what I think. Another pic shows her kind of "in" the barricade (I think its the same person, same color shirt etc)
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
If its the one guy I think...he is missing both legs I think? One was just gone, the other was the mangled mess in the photo

ETA : just went back to look...maybe it is only the one. When I first saw it I thought it was both but now thinking the other is just not as visible
No it's definitely both.

I know graphic photos can help the public in some ways but at the expense of these poor peoples' privacy?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah it is both. . Poor guy. I have to fight back tears when I see t
Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Silence, peasants.

It is so weird commuting today. The military and the police are everywhere. This whole thing makes me so sad. The pictures didn't really get to me, and then I started crying so hard when I read the about the little boy dying. That made it real.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 04-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
And yeah, the one pic with the lady in blue...and the worker checking her pulse....I do fear that may be showing what I think. Another pic shows her kind of "in" the barricade (I think its the same person, same color shirt etc)
I cant find the pic now (and not going to really search to hard for it) but with the releasing of the second victims name and a pic of her - I think they are the same.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
I cant find the pic now (and not going to really search to hard for it) but with the releasing of the second victims name and a pic of her - I think they are the same.
ugh... yeah see that is just beyond disturbing to me. The one with the guys leg (I thought it was just one but who knows since you can't see the other one and I definitely didn't want to examine too closely, weak stomach) is horrific but the idea that they just posted a photo of a woman who was likely dead in that photo and who they obviously suspected was dead (hence checking her pulse) is just... I don't even know. That is just NOT RIGHT at all

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
ugh... yeah see that is just beyond disturbing to me. The one with the guys leg (I thought it was just one but who knows since you can't see the other one and I definitely didn't want to examine too closely, weak stomach) is horrific but the idea that they just posted a photo of a woman who was likely dead in that photo and who they obviously suspected was dead (hence checking her pulse) is just... I don't even know. That is just NOT RIGHT at all
Its not there now, where I think I saw it before. My guess is at the time the were just posting all the pics but when they realized what it may contain, it was too late and already out.

(I mean, it was a wide shot of several victims, not just her)
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I've seen the pics. I feel compelled to look.... They are horrific, but that's the reality. We can't comprehend it. We don't like to think about it.

Its so sad those people could have been any one of us. They were just having a nice day out.

So so so sad. For those dead and injured and those who just saw those scenes.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Obey the Toad.

I am extremely uneasy about censorship, and I think that it is the media's responsibility to release the photos and videos that they have. It can be done in such a way as to not slap people in the face, such as posting them on news websites rather than TV, including warnings, and blocking out people's faces if appropriate. Being graphic and disturbing are not good reasons to not make images public, particularly considering the impact this event will have on the US going forward. I understand that the victims do lose some privacy, but like it or not this was not a private tragedy, it was a very public one.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.