Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I use Vaseline lotion for my body. My face goes without these days because it is so sensitive.

Speaking of which...ended up back at sephora. New foundation samples and a new skincare routine sampler that was around $25. I guess we'll see if it works. I am so tired of feeling like a teenager with terrible skin issues. I thought I was past this.
Maybe try this if that doesn't work?
http://www.naturescure.com/

Hasn't 100% cleared up my acne but it's SOOOO much better since I started using that stuff. I don't get cystic acne hardly at all anymore, and if I do, the cysts just go away super-duper fast instead of hanging around being painful for days and then starting to ooze and then causing post-acne scarring. It's cheap too so it was worth me trying it out!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Maybe try this if that doesn't work?
http://www.naturescure.com/

Hasn't 100% cleared up my acne but it's SOOOO much better since I started using that stuff. I don't get cystic acne hardly at all anymore, and if I do, the cysts just go away super-duper fast instead of hanging around being painful for days and then starting to ooze and then causing post-acne scarring. It's cheap too so it was worth me trying it out!
It's Shiesido(sp?). I dunno if it'll work or not because I don't know what is causing my acne. It isn't like last year where it was cystic or obviously puss-spots like whiteheads. They are just small, inconspicuous bumps along my jawline and back of my cheeks. My skin is otherwise even and smooth. It is mostly noticeable to me and it looks like really clogged pores to me. They act like whiteheads, but they don't look serious or are really noticeable. Just annoying.

But if they are clogged pores then I can't figure out if it is my foundation or my skincare/moisturizers. But then I start picking at them and they obviously become more noticeable ouchy, infected looking acne.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 AM
Top Dog

Could it be something you're putting in your hair?? I break out on the edge of my cheeks and forehead if I use shampoo with SLS in it. Something you're putting on the length of your hair (conditioner, styling product, dye) could cause breakouts on your jaw

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I have also noticed that if I put things like serums in my hair I break out or if I use conditioners that are too thick.

But I never use makeup, ever. No matter where I am going and if I absolutely have to I wear simple powder and that's it, and when I get back I wash it off as soon as I can.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

I don't think so. I usually put my hair back on days 2 and 3 after washing, and even when I wasn't using conditioner for a bit I was still breaking out. I'm not sure what is really causing it.

I'm back on Paleo/Primal, too, so we'll see if that helps at least a little.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 01-02-2014, 05:08 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Maybe its the makeup? have you tried a hypoallergenic makeup? Or, even going without for a while to see if it clears up a little?

Old 01-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Remind me to never do henna again! Ugh such a pain in the butt lol. It just doesn't make a drastic enough difference to my hair for all this to be worth it. Just 2.5 more hours to go lol.
Nooo never say that! I am hennaing my hair again tomorrow night. SO EXCITED. Gonna leave it longer this time and hope for a deeper colour.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 01-03-2014, 08:21 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgilityPup View Post
Nooo never say that! I am hennaing my hair again tomorrow night. SO EXCITED. Gonna leave it longer this time and hope for a deeper colour.
LOL. There's something about the thought of it that gets me pumped ("YEAH gonna henna tonight!") and then once I'm actually in the process and realize there's no turning back.... ugggghhhhh. I just completely suck at actually applying it. I have no method. And that's what gets me frustrated because honestly it takes me like almost 2 hours just to get it on my hair. And after that I just wanna be done with it lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 01-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
LOL. There's something about the thought of it that gets me pumped ("YEAH gonna henna tonight!") and then once I'm actually in the process and realize there's no turning back.... ugggghhhhh. I just completely suck at actually applying it. I have no method. And that's what gets me frustrated because honestly it takes me like almost 2 hours just to get it on my hair. And after that I just wanna be done with it lol.
I have a friend put it in for me, cause I have such long hair and it's so thick. So tonight my sister put it in for me and it took about 2 hours, with a new and improved method from last time. So yeah... I feel your pain. lol.

The part I hate is the time I have to wait until I can rinse it out. lol. I wanted to go 8 hours this time... but no. No way. I am not staying up that late, for one, and for two, my head is soooo itchy just knowing I can't scratch it. Grr. Plus the dripping from under the plastic wrap.

I am REALLY excited to see the colour this time though. Henna on top of henna, plus leaving it in longer, and I have my head wrapped much better this time.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 01-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Play that funky music.

First it was my shoulders getting dried out. Then my boobs. Now my underboobs? What the hell. Stop that, body.

Also, my hair has been getting super greasy, super quickly in WA. 12 hours after showering, it looks I haven't showered in a week. Using the same shampoo, same amount, showering (and using shampoo) just as often as I did in CT. Would the humidity have anything to do with that, or?