Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I'm just stuck on the part where it's going to take 2+ years to get to that point. I want it long NAO.

I want this developing mullet to go away, too. But I promised not to cut it. Besides the potential mullet, the it's awesome. I have muppet hair. Not using shampoo and constantly oiling it has made it curly as ****.
My hair grows insanely fast, my problem is it's very fine. It's gotten much denser in the past 6 months but still isn't where i'd like it but hey genetics are a bitch. I'm still gonna give it a go. I wash my hair way too much but i sweat so much working out every morning... Sigh. My hair is about shoulder length right now and $10 says i go another month or two and get sick of it and chop it again.
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #802  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM
RedHotDobe's Avatar
RedHotDobe RedHotDobe is offline
aka RedHotBabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
BERG - how long is your hair now?
A bit below my bra strap. I just cut a few inches off because the ends were just too yucky. I keep telling myself I'll let it grow as long as it wants, but it's so unruly when it's that long. The right side is still shorter than the rest, but it's catching up. A flat iron went insane about 4 years ago and melted my hair off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #803  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM
milos_mommy's Avatar
milos_mommy milos_mommy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,570
Default

Who wants pictures of my hair before I chopped it all off like a huge moron?

Pictures range from like 5 months ago - over a year ago.













I cut it to my collarbone. </3
__________________
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy



http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #804  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,423
Default

You guys make me feel bad because right now I'm like UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHU I NEED TO GET MY HAIR CUT.

And really, it's about to be fall/winter, which is usually when I have longer hair. Then I chop it in summer when it's hot.

But I really can't stand having this much hair right now. I pull it up for the gym and I've started wanting to put it in a bun because UGH HAIR IT'S TOUCHING ME MAKE IT STOP.



So the other day when I finished at the gym, I got home, pulled my hair down, and it SMELLED. Like REALLY bad. Is this a thing from the peroxide do you think? I washed it in the shower and the texture was also really weird at first, but after I used my Rockaholic it was just fine, smelled like goji berries as normal and it was soft and pretty again. I'm off to the gym again tonight so I guess I'll find out if this is going to be a thing.

My BP instructor came running into the locker room like "I LOVE YOUR HAIR SO MUCH IT'S SO PRETTY." Everybody is a big fan so far. Can't wait until I go to my grandma's house and they can all tell me how much they hate it!!
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #805  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
A bit below my bra strap. I just cut a few inches off because the ends were just too yucky. I keep telling myself I'll let it grow as long as it wants, but it's so unruly when it's that long. The right side is still shorter than the rest, but it's catching up. A flat iron went insane about 4 years ago and melted my hair off.
I remember that - it was when you were in GA, right?

Try oiling the ends to keep them nice. some people like natural oils, some just use mineral oil after a shower to seal the moisture in. Your hair is too pretty to cut short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
My hair grows insanely fast, my problem is it's very fine. It's gotten much denser in the past 6 months but still isn't where i'd like it but hey genetics are a bitch. I'm still gonna give it a go. I wash my hair way too much but i sweat so much working out every morning... Sigh. My hair is about shoulder length right now and $10 says i go another month or two and get sick of it and chop it again.
Try castor oil. It's worked wonders for my eyelashes and eyebrows (with mascara on, it looks like I have fake eyelashes) and it appears to be helping my hair. Also, try just washing with water after a workout. That will cut down on damage..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
You guys make me feel bad because right now I'm like UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHU I NEED TO GET MY HAIR CUT.

And really, it's about to be fall/winter, which is usually when I have longer hair. Then I chop it in summer when it's hot.

But I really can't stand having this much hair right now. I pull it up for the gym and I've started wanting to put it in a bun because UGH HAIR IT'S TOUCHING ME MAKE IT STOP.
Don't feel bad! If you want to cut it, cut it. I just love the length on you. And the color. But my opinion doesn't matter at all - you're the person who has to live with your hair, and you're the one who needs to be happy with it. If that means dyeing it MLP Pink, then so be it.

Also, I guarantee you that by February I'll be in the "IT'S TOUCHING MEEEEE" phase, too. Except that wont be when it's up in a ponytail, that will be because it's brushing the back of my neck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #806  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Try castor oil. It's worked wonders for my eyelashes and eyebrows (with mascara on, it looks like I have fake eyelashes) and it appears to be helping my hair. Also, try just washing with water after a workout. That will cut down on damage..
I'll try both suggestions, thanks Nolu!
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #807  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
milos_mommy's Avatar
milos_mommy milos_mommy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,570
Default

What do you wear to a memorial service? I thought you were supposed to wear all black, but google says that's outdated and now neutrals and dark colors are acceptable?

My options are pretty much black dress, grey dress, or black skirt and a top (but I think all my tops are either too light coloured or too shimmery/flashy). Or I could do a grey/purple skirt with black top, but they're above-the knee and I'm not sure that's appropriate. Unless I wear leggings?
__________________
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy



http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #808  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,543
Default

I would just wear the black dress. I don't think a memorial is a place to be fashionable. Unless it's all a younger, fashionable crowd. If it's going to be lots of mature, older adults, I think you could put yourself in the situation of offending someone with your color choice.

My update? I used shampoo the other day before I went on a date, and my hair just wouldn't curl. At all. It's had an awful time curling for the past few days. I think I just need to keep it up with the no poo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #809  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
What do you wear to a memorial service? I thought you were supposed to wear all black, but google says that's outdated and now neutrals and dark colors are acceptable?

My options are pretty much black dress, grey dress, or black skirt and a top (but I think all my tops are either too light coloured or too shimmery/flashy). Or I could do a grey/purple skirt with black top, but they're above-the knee and I'm not sure that's appropriate. Unless I wear leggings?
I've always been told anything except red. Pink is fine.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #810  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:09 PM
k9krazee's Avatar
k9krazee k9krazee is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
What do you wear to a memorial service? I thought you were supposed to wear all black, but google says that's outdated and now neutrals and dark colors are acceptable?

My options are pretty much black dress, grey dress, or black skirt and a top (but I think all my tops are either too light coloured or too shimmery/flashy). Or I could do a grey/purple skirt with black top, but they're above-the knee and I'm not sure that's appropriate. Unless I wear leggings?
All three of your options are fine!!!! You'd be surprised at what some people wear to funerals these days. I've seen it all! In the end, it's your attendance that matters and nobody will care what you wear. And some families are put off by suits and dressy clothes and encourage people to dress down.
__________________

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site