Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I'm just stuck on the part where it's going to take 2+ years to get to that point. I want it long NAO.

I want this developing mullet to go away, too. But I promised not to cut it. Besides the potential mullet, the it's awesome. I have muppet hair. Not using shampoo and constantly oiling it has made it curly as ****.
My hair grows insanely fast, my problem is it's very fine. It's gotten much denser in the past 6 months but still isn't where i'd like it but hey genetics are a bitch. I'm still gonna give it a go. I wash my hair way too much but i sweat so much working out every morning... Sigh. My hair is about shoulder length right now and $10 says i go another month or two and get sick of it and chop it again.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
BERG - how long is your hair now?
A bit below my bra strap. I just cut a few inches off because the ends were just too yucky. I keep telling myself I'll let it grow as long as it wants, but it's so unruly when it's that long. The right side is still shorter than the rest, but it's catching up. A flat iron went insane about 4 years ago and melted my hair off.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

Who wants pictures of my hair before I chopped it all off like a huge moron?

Pictures range from like 5 months ago - over a year ago.

I cut it to my collarbone. </3

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

You guys make me feel bad because right now I'm like UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHU I NEED TO GET MY HAIR CUT.

And really, it's about to be fall/winter, which is usually when I have longer hair. Then I chop it in summer when it's hot.

But I really can't stand having this much hair right now. I pull it up for the gym and I've started wanting to put it in a bun because UGH HAIR IT'S TOUCHING ME MAKE IT STOP.

So the other day when I finished at the gym, I got home, pulled my hair down, and it SMELLED. Like REALLY bad. Is this a thing from the peroxide do you think? I washed it in the shower and the texture was also really weird at first, but after I used my Rockaholic it was just fine, smelled like goji berries as normal and it was soft and pretty again. I'm off to the gym again tonight so I guess I'll find out if this is going to be a thing.

My BP instructor came running into the locker room like "I LOVE YOUR HAIR SO MUCH IT'S SO PRETTY." Everybody is a big fan so far. Can't wait until I go to my grandma's house and they can all tell me how much they hate it!!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
A bit below my bra strap. I just cut a few inches off because the ends were just too yucky. I keep telling myself I'll let it grow as long as it wants, but it's so unruly when it's that long. The right side is still shorter than the rest, but it's catching up. A flat iron went insane about 4 years ago and melted my hair off.
I remember that - it was when you were in GA, right?

Try oiling the ends to keep them nice. some people like natural oils, some just use mineral oil after a shower to seal the moisture in. Your hair is too pretty to cut short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
My hair grows insanely fast, my problem is it's very fine. It's gotten much denser in the past 6 months but still isn't where i'd like it but hey genetics are a bitch. I'm still gonna give it a go. I wash my hair way too much but i sweat so much working out every morning... Sigh. My hair is about shoulder length right now and $10 says i go another month or two and get sick of it and chop it again.
Try castor oil. It's worked wonders for my eyelashes and eyebrows (with mascara on, it looks like I have fake eyelashes) and it appears to be helping my hair. Also, try just washing with water after a workout. That will cut down on damage..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
You guys make me feel bad because right now I'm like UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHU I NEED TO GET MY HAIR CUT.

And really, it's about to be fall/winter, which is usually when I have longer hair. Then I chop it in summer when it's hot.

But I really can't stand having this much hair right now. I pull it up for the gym and I've started wanting to put it in a bun because UGH HAIR IT'S TOUCHING ME MAKE IT STOP.
Don't feel bad! If you want to cut it, cut it. I just love the length on you. And the color. But my opinion doesn't matter at all - you're the person who has to live with your hair, and you're the one who needs to be happy with it. If that means dyeing it MLP Pink, then so be it.

Also, I guarantee you that by February I'll be in the "IT'S TOUCHING MEEEEE" phase, too. Except that wont be when it's up in a ponytail, that will be because it's brushing the back of my neck.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Try castor oil. It's worked wonders for my eyelashes and eyebrows (with mascara on, it looks like I have fake eyelashes) and it appears to be helping my hair. Also, try just washing with water after a workout. That will cut down on damage..
I'll try both suggestions, thanks Nolu!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

What do you wear to a memorial service? I thought you were supposed to wear all black, but google says that's outdated and now neutrals and dark colors are acceptable?

My options are pretty much black dress, grey dress, or black skirt and a top (but I think all my tops are either too light coloured or too shimmery/flashy). Or I could do a grey/purple skirt with black top, but they're above-the knee and I'm not sure that's appropriate. Unless I wear leggings?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Bored Now.

I would just wear the black dress. I don't think a memorial is a place to be fashionable. Unless it's all a younger, fashionable crowd. If it's going to be lots of mature, older adults, I think you could put yourself in the situation of offending someone with your color choice.

My update? I used shampoo the other day before I went on a date, and my hair just wouldn't curl. At all. It's had an awful time curling for the past few days. I think I just need to keep it up with the no poo.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
What do you wear to a memorial service? I thought you were supposed to wear all black, but google says that's outdated and now neutrals and dark colors are acceptable?

My options are pretty much black dress, grey dress, or black skirt and a top (but I think all my tops are either too light coloured or too shimmery/flashy). Or I could do a grey/purple skirt with black top, but they're above-the knee and I'm not sure that's appropriate. Unless I wear leggings?
I've always been told anything except red. Pink is fine.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post

All three of your options are fine!!!! You'd be surprised at what some people wear to funerals these days. I've seen it all! In the end, it's your attendance that matters and nobody will care what you wear. And some families are put off by suits and dressy clothes and encourage people to dress down.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador