Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I'm hoping to get some photos outside tomorrow to catch how beautiful it really is. I love love love LOVE IT. My mom thinks it's really pretty too, she was terrified of me doing it and tried to talk me out of it haha.
What product did you use? I think it looks gorgeous - very pretty color!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Are you dead yet?

Beanie, as someone who loves dark/natural hair, I don't think I say this often to people, but DAYUM you look good as a blonde!

Nolu, that's about the length my hair is now. But without the pretty layers or waves. Mine just lays flat and stick straight. Blow dry? Stick straight. Air dry? Stick straight. Braid and sleep in it? Frizzy for about two hours after undoing braids, then stick straight. My hair will. not. hold. a curl.

Dumping henna on it when I wake up tonight, though.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm All Ears

My new meds are tearing up my stomach (yay metformin) and causing me to have cramps 24/7. I also think I've been extra hormonal lately because I'm crying at the drop of a hat. Then again the last 2 weeks have been very stressful/sad so maybe it's not that weird.

But seriously I am cramping like I am on my period when I'm not. And that is obnoxious. I don't know why B-yas (or however it's spelled) would be different than regular yaz.

I've lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks though since being on these things. I'm wondering if it is due to the hormones? Not sure.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Soak in warmed acetone for 5 minutes (put a small cup of acetone in a pot of near-boiling water and let sit for a bit), then peel/scrape off.
I'm scared it will make my nails peely gross. Ahhhh.

Also, what do I wear to a job interview as a children's party motivator?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
What product did you use? I think it looks gorgeous - very pretty color!
Thank you! I'd have to grab the bottle and look again but I'm pretty sure I grabbed a 10N, neutral lightest blonde, and a level 40 developer. That's it! If it wasn't the 10N it was the HL-N which is high lift neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Beanie, as someone who loves dark/natural hair, I don't think I say this often to people, but DAYUM you look good as a blonde!
Thanks! I think it looks really natural on me. When I was younger I had blonde hair and it's gotten darker as I've gotten older, so it's really not wildly unusual. It actually matches my eyebrows LOL. I really really like it. I'm undecided how long I will keep it since it will require plenty of maintenance for the roots though.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm All Ears

I dyed my hair blonde two weeks ago. First time in years I varied away from a reddish brown. I'm liking it a lot and getting lots of compliments. I also cut off around 4 inches!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Buy chlorophyll. Seriously. Romy raves about it and I tried a bottle, and holy cow it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Have you tried certain dri? It's the only thing that ever worked for me. Put that on at nigh and something cheap and good smelling in the am.
Will definitely be looking into both of these. Thanks guys!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post

Nolu, that's about the length my hair is now. But without the pretty layers or waves. Mine just lays flat and stick straight. Blow dry? Stick straight. Air dry? Stick straight. Braid and sleep in it? Frizzy for about two hours after undoing braids, then stick straight. My hair will. not. hold. a curl.

Dumping henna on it when I wake up tonight, though.
Try the headband wrap method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmQsR1xXLI It's the only thing that keeps my hair somewhat curled throughout the day. I wake up with what looks like Jewfro, then it relaxes into decent curls by the end of the day, like this.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I definitely wanted to keep the red in it - the guy told me my hair is naturally red so as I lift it, it will stay red. He didn't even recommend we tint it. He said if I want more red, come back and we'll get a tint, but he thought just going a natural high blonde would get what I wanted.
He also said I was the very first person he ever recommended a 40 too. Normally he talks people down into 30 or 20 but he said go full on 40.

I LOVE it. I left it on for 40 minutes, he guessed I should try 35 but I pushed it a bit longer because I wanted higher. I have enough for a second round if I want to go lighter, but I think it's really gorgeous already. My Rockaholic conditioner should be good to keep everything healthy but he told me my hair was super duper healthy and gorgeous, and now was a good time to try it. So boom.

Before:

and DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

after:

I'm hoping to get some photos outside tomorrow to catch how beautiful it really is. I love love love LOVE IT. My mom thinks it's really pretty too, she was terrified of me doing it and tried to talk me out of it haha.
HOLY CRAP!

I LOVE THE BLONDE ON YOU!!!

lowercase.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My new meds are tearing up my stomach (yay metformin) and causing me to have cramps 24/7. I also think I've been extra hormonal lately because I'm crying at the drop of a hat. Then again the last 2 weeks have been very stressful/sad so maybe it's not that weird.

But seriously I am cramping like I am on my period when I'm not. And that is obnoxious. I don't know why B-yas (or however it's spelled) would be different than regular yaz.

I've lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks though since being on these things. I'm wondering if it is due to the hormones? Not sure.
If it makes you feel any better, met did that for me, too. It took me a long time before I was able to take it and not have to worry about a nearby bathroom... Maybe 3 months? It definitely gets better (but I still try to take it with a meal, preferably high in protein). I do, however, think met has helped me tremendously with my weight loss (and even just because I was scared of the met effects after eating something bad, lol).