Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Twin 2.0

Getting my hair cut on Sunday and I am excite!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm All Ears

Has anyone (particurlarly you PCOSers) been on Spironolactone? It's an antiandrogen. Supposed to help with hair growth.

I'm getting to the point where I can't wear many clothes because of hair growth and no hair removal works because I get ingrown hairs like crazy. To say that has affected my confidence would be a gross understatement.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Has anyone (particurlarly you PCOSers) been on Spironolactone? It's an antiandrogen. Supposed to help with hair growth.

I'm getting to the point where I can't wear many clothes because of hair growth and no hair removal works because I get ingrown hairs like crazy. To say that has affected my confidence would be a gross understatement.
I don't. I (let's knock on wood...) have been lucky enough to remain on the lower end of PCOS, so the hair issue hasn't been quite as bad for me. I do have abnormal hair growth, but it's nothing tweezing every other day and waxing once a month doesn't take care of. The DCI has helped a lot with that though.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 09-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm All Ears

My problem is I can't remove the hair on certain areas. Well I can but I breakout so bad. I've tried waxing and shaving and NAIR and men's creams and nothing works. The day I remove the hair is fine but the next day I start getting painful red sores.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:

I haven't but I have noticed that I've started growing more hair on my face lately. NOT happy about that so I tweeze non stop and obsess over it all day which is not good when I have skin picking/hair pulling compulsions constantly.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
My problem is I can't remove the hair on certain areas. Well I can but I breakout so bad. I've tried waxing and shaving and NAIR and men's creams and nothing works. The day I remove the hair is fine but the next day I start getting painful red sores.
Have you tried lazer treatment? I've heard good things about it from others.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Taxiderpy

When I was looking for permanent hair removal I stalked transgender forums because, well, a lot of those folks naturally start out extremely hairy and want to get rid of all kinds of facial and body hair forever.

It turns out electrolysis is the most permanent. I tried it out with a home kit. It's very time consuming to do on yourself and my unit eventually burned out, but it totally worked and now I have a large permanent bare spot on my shin. It's been over a year without a single tiny little hair regrowing.

After my experience, I would say that it would be totally worth it to go to an experienced professional for treatment. Eventually I plan to have someone do my underarms, because that's pretty much impossible to reach yourself with the stylus and stuff and the idea of never shaving my pits again is extremely appealing. lol
Old 09-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Nobody tell my boyfriend.

I went to the best wedding on Saturday (Small, fun, happy people,relaxed, simple, great fun bride, cute french bulldog) and her dress was so beautiful and everyone had such a great time
and now my wedding fever is like burning in my soul.

I have been watching say yes to the dress for like 5 hours straight.

For a while recently I thought eloping was something I might want to do (i've lost a bit faith in the extravagance/expense/drama of weddings as of late)
But now.. NO WAY!! I WANT A WEDDING AND A PRETTY DRESS AND CAKE AND I WANT IT ALL!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Aware

Fran, you always make me laugh.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Resident fainting goat

**** new birth control (Jolessa) and I've been spotting for like 3 weeks!

*TMI ALERT* and there is like..chunks of tissue.. dude, it's so gross.

The first month on it was FINE and then all hell broke lose this sucks no other side effects but I'd rather not keep this up.

If this doesn't end by november I'm going to be SO MAD