Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
no, it's not wrong at all. My bestfriend is married to a military man. And before she married him she was feeling the same way as you are. Actually he stopped being in the military after his tour for her, but both of them realized that being in the military is who he is and what he was born for so he regoined and they are both happier for it.

Also, they will be trying their hardest to
Never live on the base. They own their own home away from the base right now and plan on doing that again if they move.

She does know that life might get shifted and they might have to move eventually because of her job, but she has accepted it. And lucky for her, her career is moveable.

I think having that kind of lifestyle is something you have to think long and hard about, but if you really feel this guy is something really special. He might just be worth it.
This.

My step brother is in special forces in the Army. He joined when he was 18 and is still in at 42. He and his wife have been married for years and they started living off base as soon as they could. She did recently decide to retire early but before that has always worked.

As far as birth control, I'm a pill girl. Tried Depo, tried Nuva ring (maybe I'm oddly shaped, but it always felt like it was sitting too low), and DH doesn't care for condoms. At some point I'll likely start opting for the "pull and pray" method, but I'm in a situation where pregnancy wouldn't be the end of the world.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Obey the Toad.

Anyone have any tips on how to make fine, wavy hair look cute-wavy rather than limp-frizzy-wavy?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I'd want a ****buddy if I could be sure that our feelings would never spread north of our genitals. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I volunteer for this position. I have ALL the qualifications.

Step 1: Move to CO.
Step 2: Get referred to great job.
Step 3: Get laid.
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit.
And I totally missed this. I volunteer for all the things.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Are you dead yet?

I could totally be a car person, I just currently don't have the money to be a car person. >.> I learn about machines really quickly, I went from being a computer dunce to building my own machines in the span of about two weeks. Now that I don't live in Mexico where driving off a narrow road on the side of a cliff could lead to death on impact, I actually rather enjoy driving, also.

I am just waiting for a bit of heartbreak or a total mental meltdown to be the boot shoving my ass out of Ohio. I spent so many years in the lap of luxury being the picture of mental instability, and now when I need a good freak-out, I'm too goddamn stable and level headed! WTF scumbag brain?

Edit: Girly stuff! This has been my FB profile pic for a couple weeks but this is the most recent photo of me that actually shows my hair. It's purpler, now. As soon as I henna it again, it'll go back to a dark auburn with more red tones, but as soon as the excess pigment washes out, it bounces back to burgundy which I LOVE. You can see the light red (and then yucky grey-blonde) at my roots, but after an application or two the roots adopt the color of the rest of my hair.

I just wish it didn't smell like wet hay and cow plops. I'd henna a lot more if it smelled like cinnamon rolls.

Oh, more girly stuff. Rihanna's reb'l fleur perfume? Amazing on my skin. Out of the bottle and when first applied, it's super patchouli-y and overpowering. After about 10 minutes it settles down and smells sexy as HELL. I love it on my skin.

On my friend's skin all I smell is patchouli and cat pee, so it might not be good for everybody.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
GET ON CHAT WOMAN. Please.
I tried to for you you! My Java wont update.

And now at 10am it works.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I tried you you! My Java wont update.
Booo. I had the same problem for a while, though. Someone told me everyone is on yahoo these days, so I downloaded yahoo.

Also thanks to Grace I now reeeeeeally want cinnamon rolls. But it's okay, because the hair totally should smell like cinnamon rolls when it looks that good.

I really need to just give it up and henna my hair.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Also.

My hair feels so gross and terrible and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried protein, not washing, CO washing, deep conditioner masks. Everything. Except letting go of the red. Red hair....or fried hair...awesome hair...or healthy hair...why must this be a choice?
Go pick up a bottle of Kenra chelating shampoo. I find it at Beauty Brands. Mix 1 tsp of baking soda with a dollop of the shampoo in your hand and then thoroughly massage into your hair. Let it sit for a few minutes while you shave or whatever. Rinse. Follow up with conditioner, including on the scalp. Really massage it in there; you'll probably notice that your conditioner suds up. That's all the crap it's helping pull off your hair. Rinse well, until the water runs clear. Use your normal shampoo on your scalp again, rinse well, then condition the ends as usual. If you feel that your hair still isn't feeling all that nice, do the baking soda/chelating shampoo again. Shampoo/condition/shampoo/condition. It takes a while, but it works well to get hair feeling like hair and not straw again.

I've also starting to use AG conditioner. Sulfate/paraben free and it makes my hair feel awesome again! I too get my hair dyed red and since I"m outside in the very dry Colorado air and since there is a crap ton of construction going on, plus the hot temps, there is a huge amount of icky debris stuff just floating around in the air, which then latches on to my hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I could totally be a car person, I just currently don't have the money to be a car person. >.> I learn about machines really quickly, I went from being a computer dunce to building my own machines in the span of about two weeks. Now that I don't live in Mexico where driving off a narrow road on the side of a cliff could lead to death on impact, I actually rather enjoy driving, also.
You really don't have to know about cars to start with. We have two positions opening at my dealership. One is in the detail bay, because apparently it's harder than it should be to clean a car so the windows are actually, you know, clear and not streaky as hell because the same rag got used for both body shine and then the windows. The other is taking the incoming calls on the sales line and getting them to come in for appointments. You get paid some type of hourly plus a set amount for each appointment you set that ends with a sale. It racks up pretty quickly and it's literally following a script for the most part.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
And I totally missed this. I volunteer for all the things.
So move already.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Sigh........

Sometimes I wish I was single again so I could have hook ups, booty calls & **** buddies I would never cheat but sometimes I miss certain aspects of my single life.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Sigh........

Sometimes I wish I was single again so I could have hook ups, booty calls & **** buddies I would never cheat but sometimes I miss certain aspects of my single life.
Funny, I read this whole thing thinking, "Man I'm glad I'm married and don't have to deal with any of that. It sounds stressful and frustrating."

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG