Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-03-2013, 04:16 AM
Are you dead yet?

I'd want a ****buddy if I could be sure that our feelings would never spread north of our genitals. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:44 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
1. Toothpaste. I cured my crazy breakouts with toothpaste. My face looked like a teenage boy's. Now it's clear-ish. Try it on the bug bites, too - what's the worst that could happen?
YES. This! It works! at least for me it did.... On break outs, and mosquito bites!

I agree with everyone else Nolu.... Not this guy. He sounds way too pushy. Actually (if Jess sees this she'll lol) he sounds like Wayne, and I let it go on and it got worse and ugly Not respecting boundaries (note to self- no matter how much he apologizes or says he'll change) is a HUGE warning sign IMHO.

My girly thing to add to this thread today is, I am trying a honey+olive oil treatment for sun damaged hair. I love how light my hair has gotten, but not how dry & frizzy so I hope this helps my hands are incredibly soft, and the bathroom floor is slippery I rinse in about 10 minutes. So we'll see....
I swim M-F and I use chlorine shampoo but mostly the conditioner. And I only condition when I'm showering, I feel like my hair is having color and texture mood swings I had to cut off an inch because the ends were so fried sad face because I want my hair to grow out long!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Twin 2.0

RD, move. Woman up and just do it! If anything, I know cars aren't really your "thing" but there's a not-sales position open at my dealership. I think it pays decent and if nothing else, would be income until you did find the job you like. You wouldn't have to deal with customers at all.

Plus theres' me, Nolu and Annie out here...along with Taqroy...winkwink nudgenudge
Old 08-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
The nuvaring does NOT go in your uterus. There's no medical insertion or anything, you stick it in your vagina for 3 weeks(the muscles hold it in place, and you can take it out briefly during sex) then leave it out for a week for your period, then put a new one in.
Yep... it's not as weird as it sounds (and this coming from somebody who doesn't even like tampons.) I wish it had worked out for me, it really wasn't bad or anything. I had a sticker on my calendar for when I needed to replace it. Since we were using it for endometriosis I used it without the break week, so old one out, new one in, move on with my life.

Only one time did I have it actually kinda curl up on itself and got slid pretty far back I was afraid I couldn't get it out... but uh. I managed to dig it out. =P Normally though, it's pretty big, so it doesn't go back THAT far and it won't get lost or anything, haha.

I would recommend trying NuvaRing before something more permanent just because if it doesn't work, the whole "march down to the bathroom and yank it out, now it's out and done" thing is... well, it's quite nice. When I finally linked the growing depression I was having to the NuvaRing, I did just that. I woke up the next morning feeling better than I had in months, and it steadily got better over the next few weeks. Much better than having to wait for a doctor to remove something, or just being stuck with it until it wears off like the shot.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I'd want a ****buddy if I could be sure that our feelings would never spread north of our genitals. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I volunteer for this position. I have ALL the qualifications.

Step 1: Move to CO.
Step 2: Get referred to great job.
Step 3: Get laid.
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
RD, move. Woman up and just do it! If anything, I know cars aren't really your "thing" but there's a not-sales position open at my dealership. I think it pays decent and if nothing else, would be income until you did find the job you like. You wouldn't have to deal with customers at all.

Plus theres' me, Nolu and Annie out here...along with Taqroy...winkwink nudgenudge
We're awesome! Seriously. And Zoom or I could get you a job ASAP.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
So, now that I'm back I need a FWB. Or a not-friend with benefits. And she needs to be awesome. I'm not sure how to go about finding that. If you say you're just interested in sex it tends to attract the wrong type of person. . . but I don't want to go on a "date" with someone under the premise that I'm interested in dating them when I don't want a romantic relationship.

I'm so incompetent at this.I don't even know where to start.
Just all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
And this. Despite that I have an SO(that started out as more of a FWB sort of...thing. Ish. Long complicated story.), the last few months has completely burnt me out on the whole love and relationship thing. And I'm into chicks more now than guys. I really don't want it, and I feel guilty for not wanting it. Because he is great and all, honestly. No reason why it shouldn't work out. And I keep riding it out hoping I'll eventually recover and be okay again. And that isn't fair. But what if I break it all off, **** blows up and gets ugly, then I decide that is actually what I wanted? Then I'm stupid.

Which is all just another reason to move out to CO. I know people out in CO, but I don't know anyone in CO. If that makes sense. Clean slate. And pretty mountains.

Also.

My hair feels so gross and terrible and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried protein, not washing, CO washing, deep conditioner masks. Everything. Except letting go of the red. Red hair....or fried hair...awesome hair...or healthy hair...why must this be a choice?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I had NO idea that that was even a "thing". If anything him being in the military was one of my biggest reservations for even dating him... he makes the distance and everything else worth it but I can't imagine going LOOKING for that. Girls do that?! WHY?! I mean insurance I get it sort of but is it really worth it I mean ****..

it's just a complicated situation. He is great for me and I'm so happy, even with the distance..
but do I want that life for myself one day? I really like him, I know I'm starting to love him.. he feels the same way. and I just.. do I really want that?
On one hand I totally want it, I want to be his girlfriend, my life is better with him in it, I am happier than I've ever been with a guy.
On the other.. him being a marine is complicated

I started reading all this stuff about "milsos" and "tag chasers" and everything else and now I'm more scared than ever. It's like this secret world I knew NOTHING about and I don't feel equipped.

I really really like him.. like, I just like having him around, he makes me a better version of myself, I am happy when he's happy, he just..gets me.. the way very few people do. He just might be my best friend.

but I just..wish he wasn't in the military.
Is that wrong?
ugh.
There is nothing wrong with it. It is a huge part of his life, heck it dictates his life. And if you want to be, or are, part of his life, it will influence your life as well. Be it that you are his girlfriend and he is in Japan and you can't see him... or even if he comes back stateside, most likely he'll be going to a MC base and still a good distance away from you.

You do not have to be afraid of the girls who only marry military members for the benefits or the stable job. Yes, there a lot of women who do that, but if you do not mingle (and you'll know pretty quickly how to spot them - it's fairly easy) with them and keep "good" contacts, you'll be fine. Maybe because the community of the Marine Corps is a smaller one, it's fairly easy to know who will be good support and who will just cause trouble.

People have joked that I only married Dan for the greencard, but other than that, like I said, I don't think most people will assume that you are a "tag chaser", the ones are just very different (and are usually not ones who work hard and go to school, etc., if you catch my drift )

Dan and I dated before he joined the Marine Corps, but I did not know anything about the Marine Corps at all being from Germany and all. It will influence your life. Where you live, when he has to be at work (all odd hours), what he can wear, what he says in public, etc... so that is definitely something to be aware of. We lived on and off base and even if you live off base, you'll still be part of the community, if you want or not. But in our case, that was never a bad thing. The support I experienced in the Marine Corps before, during, and after Dan deployed was huge. I did have a "friend" who started screwing around after her husband left for deployment and I simply stopped hanging out with her. Simple as that.

One warning though - plenty of Dan's buddies, especially when overseas, had girlfriends on the side who they all visited when stateside. But you know him better than anyone else, so I'll leave it at that
Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm All Ears

I need someone to kick my butt for me please.

My PCOS is acting up bad lately- just symptoms getting worse and all that. I keep saying I'll go in once I lose some weight but I can't lose weight without being on meds for my PCOS but I'm disappointed I gained so much weight that I let myself run out of medicine and haven't set up a new Dr's appointment to refill my meds....

Why am I being so silly? I feel stupid. :/
Old 08-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
Yes, this. I'm honestly surprised I didn't attempt and succeed suicide. Mood swings were intense and I seriously plotted suicide more often than I'd like to admit.
(((((((HUGS))))))))

What are you on now? And how do you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
I agree with everyone else Nolu.... Not this guy. He sounds way too pushy. Actually (if Jess sees this she'll lol) he sounds like Wayne, and I let it go on and it got worse and ugly Not respecting boundaries (note to self- no matter how much he apologizes or says he'll change) is a HUGE warning sign IMHO.
Talked to the ex about it, and he nailed it. He said it sounds like he took a how to talk to women and get dates course. Apparently the "asking" for a hug before actually hugging you is some technique that you use so that you don't seem creepy and because most women are non-confrontational, they just go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Which is all just another reason to move out to CO. I know people out in CO, but I don't know anyone in CO. If that makes sense. Clean slate. And pretty mountains.
It worked for me.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
it worked for me.
GET ON CHAT WOMAN. Please.