Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

I've never even heard of that. What the hell. . .
Google OSMW, or overly sensitive military wives, you'll see all kinds of entertaining nonsense that spouses and girlfriends pull.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
I was like that on Yaz. No physical issues, but the mental ones were intense. I was suicidally depressed with hourly mood swings. I don't think it was Jin - don't get back on Yaz.
Yes, this. I'm honestly surprised I didn't attempt and succeed suicide. Mood swings were intense and I seriously plotted suicide more often than I'd like to admit.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Yeah. Tag chasers, Cosmo Wives.....there is a dozen names for it. Regardless, that isn't what Fran is and that woman would do better being more polite.

Also good to know about Yaz.
Never heard of it.

I like you sane and not wanting to kill yourself. No Yaz for you. Can your backup plan be to move to CO? We can be insane together!

So, I want to talk about last night. . . and have feedback if any of you feel like it.

I went hiking on Sunday, ran into this guy (he's cute!) and hiked the rest of the hike with him. afterwards we had lunch together. He seemed fun, but we have nothing in common whatsoever. That's probably my fault, as all I talk about is dogs and cars.

He asked me out to Circue du Soleil - their Amaluna play. I was torn on accepting or not, but I switched shifts with my coworkers and went because everyone told me to just go out and have fun because I was over-thinking it.

He picked me up from work, it was fun. . . the play was great and I think he's entertaining.

Problem number one: I don't understand dating etiquette. I really, really, don't.

Problem number two: He's a little touchy feely. That ties into number one - is it proper etiquette to lean against your date? Or share a drink with them? Or attempt to kiss them? I realize it's a guy thing to be a little pushy, but I tried to make my boundaries clear, and when we agreed on a hug goodnight there was an attempted kiss after I also made it clear I wasn't drinking after him. I think that's a little bit much, and definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

Problem number three: I think I keep coming back to the same **** thing. I don't want to date a guy. I kept checking out all the hot women, and I think I may have checked out one guy. There's a distinct lack of interest there.

He wants to know if we're going on date number two, and invited Moo & me hiking, but I'm not sure how to respond. I'm thinking no to the date and maybe yes to the hike. Or was the hiking thing a date? I have no clue.

There are a lot of other issues with this, but I'm out of time.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:45 PM
dogstrong

I've only tried Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, but I've done really, really well on it so far. I went from 2-3 periods per year to very predictable periods every 28-30 days, which I like (don't have to worry about being pregnant while waiting for the next period, lol). The first month or so I had some nausea problems, but it turns out there was also something harmful in my water supply, so I'm not sure which it's from...

My only complaint is that I've gained weight despite no changes in exercise or diet. Not sure if it's due to the BC or not, but I started gaining about a month after I started taking it. I've been on it for a year this month and I've put on about 40lbs.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 08-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Problem number two: He's a little touchy feely. That ties into number one - is it proper etiquette to lean against your date? Or share a drink with them? Or attempt to kiss them? I realize it's a guy thing to be a little pushy, but I tried to make my boundaries clear, and when we agreed on a hug goodnight there was an attempted kiss after I also made it clear I wasn't drinking after him. I think that's a little bit much, and definitely rubbed me the wrong way.
The attempted kiss after you made it clear you didn't want to would really bother me. Dis-regarding boundaries is not cool. I wouldn't go on the hike if you're not interested in him - he'll probably just take it as a sign that you're playing hard to get and he should try harder.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Problem number three: I think I keep coming back to the same **** thing. I don't want to date a guy. I kept checking out all the hot women, and I think I may have checked out one guy. There's a distinct lack of interest there.

He wants to know if we're going on date number two, and invited Moo & me hiking, but I'm not sure how to respond. I'm thinking no to the date and maybe yes to the hike. Or was the hiking thing a date? I have no clue.

I think it's NOT ok to ignore boundaries you set...especially on a "first date". Especially.

If you don't want to date a guy...or don't want to date THIS guy, don't. You don't have to (keep that in mind).

I would not go hiking if you're not interested...if he's already pushing boundaries, then he may not "get" that the hike is ok, but it's not a date. OR you can have that awkward talk with him about not wanting to date - but I prefer to avoid that at all costs lol
Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Never heard of it.

I like you sane and not wanting to kill yourself. No Yaz for you. Can your backup plan be to move to CO? We can be insane together!

So, I want to talk about last night. . . and have feedback if any of you feel like it.

I went hiking on Sunday, ran into this guy (he's cute!) and hiked the rest of the hike with him. afterwards we had lunch together. He seemed fun, but we have nothing in common whatsoever. That's probably my fault, as all I talk about is dogs and cars.

He asked me out to Circue du Soleil - their Amaluna play. I was torn on accepting or not, but I switched shifts with my coworkers and went because everyone told me to just go out and have fun because I was over-thinking it.

He picked me up from work, it was fun. . . the play was great and I think he's entertaining.

Problem number one: I don't understand dating etiquette. I really, really, don't.

Sounds like he thinks the hiking thing would be a date. I'd tell him thanks, it was fun, but future dates will not be happening. He may be sort of an awkward dater and pushes more than he realizes or he may be a complete tool who doesn't like to take NO for an answer. Cut it off now.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
The attempted kiss after you made it clear you didn't want to would really bother me. Dis-regarding boundaries is not cool. I wouldn't go on the hike if you're not interested in him - he'll probably just take it as a sign that you're playing hard to get and he should try harder.
Absolutely agreed, and also agreed with Zoom. Best to just cut it off now.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Had this conversation at work today with a lady whose college aged child I tutor.

"X is doing so much better in his class, we'd love to throw you a little thank you dinner! Your boyfriend could come as well!"
"Oh he's in japan and really that's not necessary.."
"Why is he in Japan?"
"Oh for work"
"What does he do?"
"He's a marine"
".. oh.. I never really took you for one of those girls... honey but you're so smart. Well I've got to run dear!"

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

Ugh so now I feel stupid for being upset. Like who cares what this lady thinks?! I'm smart enough to tutor her idiot of a son. (he really isn't an idiot, he is just an athlete that nobody really took the time to teach because he could always play) and I am incredibly happy with my boyfriend. Happier than I've been in any relationship to date.

but nobody has ever really roundaboutly called me stupid before.. or called me "one of those girls"

It's stupid that I'm upset but I am.
like there is this huge "people who date military people" culture that I know nothing about and everyone else is judging and I just.. I dunno.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread I just figured it was a girly thing.
That's so stupid! I think it is great that you are a "Military GF". I know a lot of people who wouldn't do that just because it is more difficult. I think you are very intelligent for wanting to be with someone who you actually like and are happy with. Screw her. Lol!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Are you dead yet?

Um, no. Touchy feely **** on the first date? That guy can sod off, IMO. Deliberately crossing the few boundaries initially set, just for the hell of it, doesn't bode well for future interactions. Ugh. I hate people who insist on touching all the time.

Nolu, I wish you lived closer!