Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Has he had any bad reactions to it?

I wouldn't say my acne affects my self-confidence, but I do sometimes have that "Are people looking at my acne..?" when I'm having a really bad breakout. I KNOW that the answer is no, they are not. But that doesn't stop me from being kinda paranoid about it whenever I'm super broken out.
And you will not get me out in public without full coverage foundation and concealer on, nope. I don't go places after the gym not because I'm sweaty and kinda gross but because all my makeup has been sweated (or wiped with a towel) off... okay so when I say it like that, it sounds like it affects my self-confidence, but I don't feel like it does, just that it makes me have... unusual behaviours LOL.
I know at my work we have several people on varying prescription meds for acne. Epiduo is very popular. The problem we (well, customers) run into is the price. Most dermatologists seem to be oblivious to the price of these medications and/or the budgets of the people they're prescribing them too. If you can get coupons or have it stretch, they might well be worth it.

I've only been able to keep my face to mildly cleared up. I've learned being regular with cleaning my face helps. (Duh. )

Also. My curly hair= frizzy hair and it sucks. I can never find a good in between. It's either super dry and frizzy or way too greasy. Doesn't help I'm lazy about hair care products. Or products in general.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Epiduo is what I'm on right now, and it's expensive but my doctor's office gives me those coupons. It's like $30. But the tube I have now has lasted almost a full year (it's super drying so I can't use it every day during the winter.)

The antibiotics I took were generics so none of those were expensive. They just didn't do anything. =/ I read somewhere about other hormone therapy... that kinda freaks me out a bit, I'm just not sure how much I really want to screw with my body to avoid pimples. Supposedly the best thing for acne in women is testosterone... hm.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Has he had any bad reactions to it?
Only dry lips/nasal passage. The dry nose thing was the worst but temporary.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Aware

Pleasant, girly smelling body wash recommendations? My current body wash is some crap from Walmart. Something that is at least slightly moisturizing is a plus. Something with matching shampoo/conditioner would be nice, but not required.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Pleasant, girly smelling body wash recommendations? My current body wash is some crap from Walmart. Something that is at least slightly moisturizing is a plus. Something with matching shampoo/conditioner would be nice, but not required.
I use Live Clean shampoo/conditioner/body wash with the Argan Oil.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
It's these little squiggly things that look like nothing... lol... They're supposed to be the "equivilent of 20 bobby pins". And while I don't know about that, I do like them, they hold up really well and they don't hurt my head at all

http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_A...tyles_Spin_Pin

OMG THANK YOU! I love them! I bought two and my hair is up right now and LOVE. My arms are too sore to braid but they can whip it up into a bun win-win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yes!

Those and magic grip pins
What're those?? More wonderful things??
Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
What're those?? More wonderful things??
ETA nevermind, I'm a dope. LOL

But yeah, Spin Pins make my life complete. I would hack all my hair off if not for those!

Old 07-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Twin 2.0

I finally got around to going to a bra shop for a fitting.

I've been buying 34C/D bras from Target for YEARS.

Turns out I'm actually a 32E. The tshirt I wore in looked SO MUCH BETTER on the way out with this new bra.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Resident fainting goat

Had this conversation at work today with a lady whose college aged child I tutor.

"X is doing so much better in his class, we'd love to throw you a little thank you dinner! Your boyfriend could come as well!"
"Oh he's in japan and really that's not necessary.."
"Why is he in Japan?"
"Oh for work"
"What does he do?"
"He's a marine"
".. oh.. I never really took you for one of those girls... honey but you're so smart. Well I've got to run dear!"

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

Ugh so now I feel stupid for being upset. Like who cares what this lady thinks?! I'm smart enough to tutor her idiot of a son. (he really isn't an idiot, he is just an athlete that nobody really took the time to teach because he could always play) and I am incredibly happy with my boyfriend. Happier than I've been in any relationship to date.

but nobody has ever really roundaboutly called me stupid before.. or called me "one of those girls"

It's stupid that I'm upset but I am.
like there is this huge "people who date military people" culture that I know nothing about and everyone else is judging and I just.. I dunno.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread I just figured it was a girly thing.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Had this conversation at work today with a lady whose college aged child I tutor.

"X is doing so much better in his class, we'd love to throw you a little thank you dinner! Your boyfriend could come as well!"
"Oh he's in japan and really that's not necessary.."
"Why is he in Japan?"
"Oh for work"
"What does he do?"
"He's a marine"
".. oh.. I never really took you for one of those girls... honey but you're so smart. Well I've got to run dear!"

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

Ugh so now I feel stupid for being upset. Like who cares what this lady thinks?! I'm smart enough to tutor her idiot of a son. (he really isn't an idiot, he is just an athlete that nobody really took the time to teach because he could always play) and I am incredibly happy with my boyfriend. Happier than I've been in any relationship to date.

but nobody has ever really roundaboutly called me stupid before.. or called me "one of those girls"

It's stupid that I'm upset but I am.
like there is this huge "people who date military people" culture that I know nothing about and everyone else is judging and I just.. I dunno.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread I just figured it was a girly thing.
What a rude bitch! Who says that to someone?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.