Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Spin pins, best invention for hair ever.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
Yes!

Those and magic grip pins
Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yes!

Those and magic grip pins
Yes! Why did no one ever tell me? lol

Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
What's that?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Around the time of my period I get very painful acne. It's the type that's deep under the skin and you can't "pop" them (igh that sounds so gross)

Any tips on helping this?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
What's that?
It's these little squiggly things that look like nothing... lol... They're supposed to be the "equivilent of 20 bobby pins". And while I don't know about that, I do like them, they hold up really well and they don't hurt my head at all

http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_A...tyles_Spin_Pin

Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

The term for it is cystic acne and it's the bane of my existence. Or the bane of my face at least.

If you smash up aspirin, mix it with a bit of water, and put it on as a mask, it might help with the pain and can also help heal them. Works better for some people than others, doesn't do a whole lot for me but I know women who rely on it as a quick fix. Mine is all the time, not just during periods (considering I don't have periods anymore) so I just keep using my prescription topical meds and hope that at the very least if I WEREN'T using them things would be worse, so that's it maybe doing some good..?

I made the mistake of buying some facial wash with salicylic acid in it. I KNOW my skin doesn't like SA, I stick to BP. Well, after almost a week, my forehead was HORRIBLY broken out. I've never been that broken out in my life, even during the disastrous time I was using tee tree oil stuff. And it was almost all cystic acne. Never have I been so glad I have bangs.

I'm almost through my first box of Nature's Cure and so far I haven't had anything amazing happen... still have cystic acne. They say it to give it two or three boxes, I may buy one more and see what happens. I'm also taking L-Lysine but again, not doing anything. At this point I would do just about anything.
Except urine therapy. I would rather have pimples than do urine therapy. NOPE NOPE NOPE
I'm thinking about asking the dermatologist when I see her in a few months about Accutane even though I really really don't want to. I figured I could at least ask her opinion. Maybe she could suggest something else. I wouldn't mind trying oral meds again even though none of the ones I tried before helped...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

I'm thinking about asking the dermatologist when I see her in a few months about Accutane even though I really really don't want to. I figured I could at least ask her opinion. Maybe she could suggest something else. I wouldn't mind trying oral meds again even though none of the ones I tried before helped...
My coworker had horrible acne (as in, having to have a chemical peel to get rid of some of the scars) and she had great luck with Accutane. I know it's kind of nasty, but it does seem to help in cases of severe acne.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

My husband had to be on accutane and while its kind of scary, his quality of life was horrible before and now he's much more confident. Before the meds, he wouldn't take his shirt off, go swimming, etc and the medication helped him "be normal".
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
My husband had to be on accutane and while its kind of scary, his quality of life was horrible before and now he's much more confident. Before the meds, he wouldn't take his shirt off, go swimming, etc and the medication helped him "be normal".
Has he had any bad reactions to it?

I wouldn't say my acne affects my self-confidence, but I do sometimes have that "Are people looking at my acne..?" when I'm having a really bad breakout. I KNOW that the answer is no, they are not. But that doesn't stop me from being kinda paranoid about it whenever I'm super broken out.
And you will not get me out in public without full coverage foundation and concealer on, nope. I don't go places after the gym not because I'm sweaty and kinda gross but because all my makeup has been sweated (or wiped with a towel) off... okay so when I say it like that, it sounds like it affects my self-confidence, but I don't feel like it does, just that it makes me have... unusual behaviours LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog