Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
But orange. Light blonde + henna=quite orangey. Be careful .
Hmmm... like this kinda orange?

I really love that kind of red! Mine looks like that in bright sunlight, but otherwise it's more on the brown side...

MOAR ORANGE PLZ
That's actually why I'm not sure I could get what I want with henna, I think it would just end up dark and maroon or plum looking? I think I have to lighten to score moar orange...

Has anybody ever done highlights on themselves before? I was going to use the Marc Anthony Easy-Lites but it has horrible reviews. I've dyed my hair a bajillion times but never done highlights myself, but I imagine it can't be too super hard to do... you think the girls at Sally's might give me some good tips? Though usually the best advice I get at Sally's comes from the gay men working there. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Beanie that is a beautiful picture

Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

I found this site while the dye was on my head, but it was quite helpful. I went with lush's henna because most of the other hennas I found were a little sketchy...at least lush has a following and people that use it successfully, yknow? I considered a henna cream dye too but wasn't sure.

http://forum.lush.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19438

And orangey liiike..this?

I would like to end up somewhere around this hair color...

Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Bored Now.

Beanie, the dark is because they do it multiple times and leave it on a long time. If you leave it on for two hours or so, you'll get the red you want. It'll be super bright for the first week then fade into that color.

NEWYEARS by noludoru, on Flickr

That was mine on henna. Two or three applications at least, and nowhere near as dark. (It was bleached to a light red, then hennaed.)
Old 07-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Top Dog

How red can henna go? I like a very vibrant red, but it always fades so fast. I've been eyeballing it for a while now, but I'm scared it'll be too dark or something and I'll never get it out.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Oh. My. God.

I... I laughed far too hard.

LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Hahaha it took me a minute and now I can't stop laughing.

I want to go blonde! I was looking at bleach the other day thinking about it all over again. I'm gonna do it one of these days. Even if it's just for a few weeks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
Hahaha. Oh god I'm at dinner at a restaurant I shouldn't even be on my phone at, and now I'm laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
It should develop over a couple days too. I think it looks great!

Beanie there's stuff you can mix with the henna to have it come out more brunette. I used to do it that way. I got nothing for the smell though. That part I don't miss.

Torch I laughed entirely way too hard.

I....just....couldn't help myself.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I love everyone's red hair! Beautiful pics, everyone!
I had natural red hair that I always hated.... and now that it's fading (turning more dark/ brownish) I miss it! go figure!
I've been doing some reading and I have a few things I wanted to try.... And I wanted to share on here, and ask if anyone's tried anything similar.

First off, I swim practically every day and this year I wanted to be more proactive about the chlorine damage. Last year it got very dry and straw like despite washing (almost) every time I got out. So this year, I got a protein treatment back in June at the salon when I got my last trim. I also have ultra swim shampoo and conditioner, at the very least I use the conditioner every single time I am done swimming. I'm only conditioning at home, and I tried coconut oil. I like how it made my hair feel... but I did not like the smell, personally
Anyway, my hair feels good But I am feeling blah about the color... like I said, it used to be red, and its turning more brown and blah to me. I wondered if it was residue.... but my friends say the don't notice, really. So maybe it's just me.

I am thinking about the ACV rinse, I read that its supposed to remove residue and bring back the shine. I also read it can also bring out red tints, more so than the WDV.

The other thing is, I have these waterproof elastics that I really like because they don't slip and they don't hurt, but... I know they're ripping my hair out My other 'go-to tool' is natural colored bobby pins. I am looking for new hair accessories to try mostly because... I want to try this 30 challenge of wearing my hair up everyday for at least 30 days. But the rest of the summer would be awesome, on work days at least. I still would like my hair to look nice and healthy and shiny if/when I need to dress up and go out, too So, any suggestions? I've had a hard time with headbands in the past because they give me a headache.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Original Twin

Has anyone done the henna/indigo combo? My hair is a natural black, but instead of blue highlights like most black hair, I have red highlights. Which means if I spend much time in the sun, my hair actually bleaches out to a medium brown. A yucky, gross medium brown. I keep my bangs short so it's quite obvious, too. And it's only the top layer that is brown.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Agility freak!

Does anyone have any experience with hair inhibitor creams? Wondering if they work? I tried sugar waxing and honestly, in most areas my hair is just too thick and coarse for it to work. When I shave, no matter how I do it (with or against the hair) I feel stubble right away. So I've read somewhere that soy is a good hair inhibitor but also that there are other products to do the same thing... Wondering if anyone has any experience? Or am I the only one with thick, coarse hair?

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 07-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

I have very coarse, thick hair as well....no idea how to best keep it away :/

I got my haircut yesterday, just a trim and shape really. Went ahead and had her do a blow out and style. We decided to go for straight with flat iron yesterday....man, it is so soft and smooth....I cant stop touching it lol. Wish I could get the same results at home!