Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

I've got a bunch of hairstyles and makeup stuff on pinterest. I have a long list on youtube as well for hair but havent really started one for makeup yet, just watched a ridiculous number of them

http://pinterest.com/greenmagick/my-style/

Not sure if this link works?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz
Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 PM
orange iguanas.

I put myself through a lot of embarrassment today because of this thread lol. Decided to get some castor oil for my face... and needed some Miralax for my cat... so it ended up looking like I have a major pooping problem...

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

About to go get some castor oil, sunflower seed oil (maybe lavendar?), baby wipes, rosewater stuff.... anything else I find, too. Hopefully they'll have it at the Neighborhood Market, because we have none of these stores you guys are talking about

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 04-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Top Dog

as far as I'm concerned, there's only ONE use for Castor Oil

Thanks Beanie!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Use just the code at the end of the URL, not the full URL.

Also warning for any emitophobes not to watch that link if it's what I think it is.

I used EVOO and castor when I tried OCM, 50/50 for a bit (which I don't know why that is suggested on some sites when on so many others everybody is like OH MY GOD TOO MUCH CASTOR OIL!) then switched to 75/25... then tried grapeseed oil. I liked the grapeseed oil better (EVOO has a particular smell, bleh.) The coconut oil felt weird, I didn't try that very long! I didn't try sunflower oil, that's a good idea... I do like sunflower oil for cooking!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I put myself through a lot of embarrassment today because of this thread lol. Decided to get some castor oil for my face... and needed some Miralax for my cat... so it ended up looking like I have a major pooping problem...

For cosmetics, I love love love Mon Ennui Cosmetics. They sell containers of loose powder and clear eye and lip "potions" so you can mix your own, as needed. They're GORGEOUS. I seriously want to do paintings with their pigments. And she makes them out of natural ingredients, because she grew up allergic to most makeup and after figuring out how to make it for herself thought other people would want it too.

Sadly, the owner is recovering from a serious surgery right now so the store is on hiatus for a little while. But I highly recommend getting some samplers or something when it comes back.

Shiiiny, om nom nom
Old 04-14-2013, 02:30 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Huh, that braid is really interesting! I wear my hair up in a ponytail all of the time at work, so that would be a neat way to do it. I couldn't really tell from the photos, but is the bottom half essentially a french braid?

I will be eagerly watching this thread for hair tips...ever since now, I have worn my hair two ways: up, or down. LOL I either throw it up in a ponytail, do a half up/half down dealio, or just flat iron it and leave it down.

I've now added French braids to my list, but I am just HORRIBLE with styling my hair. Absolutely horrible. I can't even make a proper sloppy bun.

So...I want to see tons of hair styling tips, people!
I am a pony tail girl too usually ... If I need my hair braided I uses to to it myself... But since my shoulder injury where the horse kicked me, I have to have someone else braid it now ... So I usually put it in a pony tail

Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 PM
and Spy.

I have recently started blow drying my hair on medium heat and using a heat protectant, but I do this everyday now Is it just as bad on medium heat? I just love how it falls and how unfrizzy it is when I blow dry it.... I don't want to ruin my hair though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
I have recently started blow drying my hair on medium heat and using a heat protectant, but I do this everyday now Is it just as bad on medium heat? I just love how it falls and how unfrizzy it is when I blow dry it.... I don't want to ruin my hair though.
Are you washing your hair everyday as well? When I get a blow out at the stylist (VERY rarely lol as my hair is naturally curly so we tend to let it air dry) it lasts several days, the smoothness of it.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Top Dog

It's better, if you're using heating tools, to use them on the coolest/lowest setting possible, but I think any amount is damaging. But if you're blow-drying on a low or medium setting with a protectant once or twice a week, I don't think it's going to do the kind of notable damage high heat more frequently is going to do.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com