Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 AM
~Dixie's_Mom~'s Avatar
~Dixie's_Mom~ ~Dixie's_Mom~ is offline
♥Chloe & Violet♥
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Omg I want to learn how to do that, that's awesome
Me too!!

Okay so after I showered and tried scrunching my hair and failed, I went swimming and then went to work without brushing it, and the underneath had TONS of spiral/ringlet curls! But the top was still meh. Whyyyy? I didn't use any product though, so I'm hoping that by adding the conditioner and mousse or gel it will help. I also think that the top layer of my hair got too dry before I tried scrunching it. I had it up in a towel for a bit before I tried scrunching it and THEN I brushed it out, THEN scrunched it. Next time I'm gonna brush it in the shower, and scrunch it right after I get out.

I got some pics of it after swimming that I'm gonna post in a bit.
__________________
Lauren
You can't fly unless you let yourself fall.


Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Okay so after I showered and tried scrunching my hair and failed, I went swimming and then went to work without brushing it, and the underneath had TONS of spiral/ringlet curls! But the top was still meh.
I have the same problem - I have lots of curls on the bottom. The only way I've been able to fix it is by putting a small amount of gel in while my hair is super wet, scrunching, then piling it all on top of my head with a t shirt (there's a name for this method but I can't remember it). I usually end up with this.

__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Me too!!

Okay so after I showered and tried scrunching my hair and failed, I went swimming and then went to work without brushing it, and the underneath had TONS of spiral/ringlet curls! But the top was still meh. Whyyyy? I didn't use any product though, so I'm hoping that by adding the conditioner and mousse or gel it will help. I also think that the top layer of my hair got too dry before I tried scrunching it. I had it up in a towel for a bit before I tried scrunching it and THEN I brushed it out, THEN scrunched it. Next time I'm gonna brush it in the shower, and scrunch it right after I get out.

I got some pics of it after swimming that I'm gonna post in a bit.
I would try brushing it in shower, leaving a bit of conditioner in (or use a leave in) and then as soon as you get out work some gel and and twist some big sections to help shape. Let sit like that for a while and then fluff and scrunch a bit. Does that make sense?

Before if I just scrunched I got a mess of all different curls and patterns. If I let it set first a bit all together it seems to hold the same shape better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,376
Default

Whoa, holy huge picture. Sorry about that - I posted it from tapatalk?
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Whoa, holy huge picture. Sorry about that - I posted it from tapatalk?
Beautiful picture though
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 06-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Beautiful picture though
Thanks. Falon is so much bigger now, it makes me happysad. Lol
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,165
Default

My hair looks fine as long as I don't go outside for a while in the humidity ... Poof! I look like a poodle xD, so when I style it I use gel right now. Someone suggested bed head after party ... But golly me its a tad expensive!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 912
Default

Trying to find products to avoid the frizz. Naturally curly hair and this hudmitiy suck.
__________________

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/


Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,165
Default

Pantene's (spelling???) volume enhancing gel is pretty good because its weightless but still tames frizz. I have had probs with the products made for curly hair tend (at least for me) to leave residue
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 PM
ThatCrazyGroomer's Avatar
ThatCrazyGroomer ThatCrazyGroomer is offline
Was BackwardCinderella
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorao
Posts: 377
Default

http://www.everydayshea.com/store/pc...2&idcategory=2

Started using this stuff a couple of weeks ago, got it at Sprouts. I'm using the Lavender formula and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!
__________________

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site