Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Ok, here's a real "girly" question.

Does anyone get a bikini (or any other kind of down-there) wax? Please share any experiences you may have had.
Well, I've done it myself. Painful, but worth it. It's smoother, stays that way so much longer, and when it does come back in, it's fine hair tips vrs nassty bristles.

Unless you are cheap and self-conscious like me, it's probably to go to a professional. I've had hair follicles bleed afterward, which is apparently what you get for pulling it out at the wrong angle.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:40 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Well, I've done it myself. Painful, but worth it. It's smoother, stays that way so much longer, and when it does come back in, it's fine hair tips vrs nassty bristles.

Unless you are cheap and self-conscious like me, it's probably to go to a professional. I've had hair follicles bleed afterward, which is apparently what you get for pulling it out at the wrong angle.
+1. I've done it at home and I do like the results, but I have caused some bruising and bleeding from not pulling quite exactly right.

One thing I highly recommend is to shave first and then go in (or do it yourself) when the stubble is starting to grow back and is no longer than 1/4-1/3". By that time any skin irritation from shaving is gone, and the hairs are short enough that it's a lot less painful.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Sugaring seems way less painful with much less irritation than waxing. I'm an all off girl too!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Sugaring seems way less painful with much less irritation than waxing. I'm an all off girl too!
Speaking of sugar wax, I can never get it to work on my legs. It just doesn't stick to my leg hair enough Maybe my recipe isn't quite right.

Two questions:

1.) How to deal with dandruff?

2.) Anyone tried cassia obovata? Did it actually make your hair nicer? Less poofy? Less frizzy? Did it make it smell like grass afterward?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I get Brazilians. Which basically means, everything goes. I mean like leg over your head kind of EVERYTHING GOES LOL some people leave a strip in the front.. I just go all bare.

Experiences? There are good and bad waxers, use yelp and reviews of others..
My first brazilian was..well..OUCH!! LOL it's a sensitive area, it hurts like hell.
I have gotten used to waxing over all, it still hurts but now I don't cry lol I know what to expect.

Typically the perfect results like 4-6 weeks.

Worst part is that for your first time, you've gotta grow it out to wax it off. Which sucks.
These days after quite a few the hair grows thinner and sparser so even between waxing things aren't that bad. Which is AWESOME.

Personally? I love it. I mean, it can be expensive but I HATE shaving! No more razor bumps, no more shaving every other day, no more thick hair, no worrying about it on vacation..

Tell the waxer it's your first time, and make sure to find a place where you feel comfortable.
I take an aspirin before I go in.

I've also been told by third parties that waxing creates an umm..smoother..finish lol

My favorite waxing person is no-nonsense. I just grit my teeth and she is SO FAST but does such a great job. It's not awkward at all because she is just so blunt about it.

My first time I sobbed the whole time and wanted to stop the person doing it kept talking to me "are you ok?" "are you sure you're ok"
and I was just like "**** JUST DO IT!! AHH!!"

+1 and GO SOMEWHERE THAT ONLY USES HARD WAX!!!! For the love of god find a good place with hard European wax. Seriously it hurts much less & I've never had any bruising/bleeding/ingrown hairs or anything. It's a bit tender for the next day or so but having a good esthetician with good wax is worth whatever you have to do to find it (apparently CA is behind the times & I travel an hour and a half for mine!).

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Tell me more about this sugaring... I've read a little up on it so far and I'm just looking for some personal experiences.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Those of you who wax your eyebrows yourself, try using a chopstick to spread the wax rather than the sticks that come in the kits, its a lot more precise and easier to use. I second hard wax. It makes life SO much easier.

I just did my eyebrows and now I have color on my head trying to fix what the beauty school student did before I start work on Monday... CANNOT go in looking the way I do! LOL!!!

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Top Dog

Grrr on Herbal Essences. I had been hearing that their Shine line was sulfate and silicone free so I thought yay! something to try. Well......their shampoo is silicone free and their conditioner is sulfate free So yeah, the shampoo still totally has sulfates and the conditioner still totally has silicone.....sneaky sneaky
Old 05-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Top Dog

Bacne girls? Particularly cystic type bacne?

I'm getting fed up with it. I talked to the PCOS doctor about it and she didn't care. She said oh yeah it will get better and worse with your hormone fluctuations, she looked at it, said it wasn't that bad.

Salycic acid type treatments seem to help for current, painful outbreaks..but doesn't do much to prevent them. I don't even like using that stuff though because it dries out my skin and I prefer more 'natural' type stuff.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:57 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Does the "transition period" still happen with sulfate free shampoo? Just wondering because I have been doing ACV, & sulfate free shampoo and my scalp has been breaking out some and has been really itchy! Just wondering if maybe it's that transition period, and all the gunk is irritating my scalp, and it will pass? Maybe? Please?

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)