Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
So RedHotDobe, you do vinegar, THEN shampoo? Does the shampoo cancel out the conditioning quality of the ACV? I've always been under the impression that you have to condition AFTER washing. What oil are you using? I was thinking of:

ACV, then sulfate free shampoo, then put coconut oil on the ends when I get out of the shower. Would that work?
Yup, I shampoo after letting the ACV sit on my hair. That's what I've found works best for me. I also put my oil on before shampooing because my hair is just too heavy and disgusting otherwise. I alternate between grapeseed and olive oil, though I find that the olive works a bit better.

Note: I'm not following any sort of method. I just kept trying random things until I liked how my hair felt.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Drugstore sales will be the death of me

Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Bored Now.

I tried proactive.

I love it. It made all the zits go away. Overnight.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I tried proactive.

I love it. It made all the zits go away. Overnight.
That makes you the first and only person I know who loves Proactive.

Of course that's because I don't know Katy Perry.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

*Cries* I went to bed last night with the window open and there was campfire smoke coming in through the window, I knew I should have shut the window because I am paying for it this morning. My eczema has decided to re enter my life and its so painful.

I just hope it goes away by next Saturday as its my cousins wedding. Right now my face looks like an oily mess because I am slathering the eczema cream on like crazy. I don't remember the eczema ever being this bad on my face before *Cries some more*

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

I laughed really hard at this. I know a ton of people who tried proactive, and it either did nothing, or in most cases, made their acne worse.

I'd be curious if it works for you in the long run, Nolu...I think it might appear to work quickly because it takes the redness and dries up excess fluid around zits, but in my friends' experiences (and from what I know about skin), it's unlikely to prevent breakouts.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

I LOLed so hard there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I laughed really hard at this. I know a ton of people who tried proactive, and it either did nothing, or in most cases, made their acne worse.

I'd be curious if it works for you in the long run, Nolu...I think it might appear to work quickly because it takes the redness and dries up excess fluid around zits, but in my friends' experiences (and from what I know about skin), it's unlikely to prevent breakouts.
The ex used it and it works so well for him. I borrowed it and my horrific acne went away. Despite steam treatments and oil massages I haven't managed to get the blackheads out. Sigh.

I'm going to go buy some proactive and see if it works long term for me. It did for him and his face was awesome when he used it 1x a day. I feel comfortable wearing no makeup for the first time in weeks.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:00 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Does the vinegar make anyone else itchy? My scalp/body/face has been feeling itchy lately, especially my scalp.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

Ok, here's a real "girly" question.

Does anyone get a bikini (or any other kind of down-there) wax? Please share any experiences you may have had.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Ok, here's a real "girly" question.

Does anyone get a bikini (or any other kind of down-there) wax? Please share any experiences you may have had.
I get Brazilians. Which basically means, everything goes. I mean like leg over your head kind of EVERYTHING GOES LOL some people leave a strip in the front.. I just go all bare.

Experiences? There are good and bad waxers, use yelp and reviews of others..
My first brazilian was..well..OUCH!! LOL it's a sensitive area, it hurts like hell.
I have gotten used to waxing over all, it still hurts but now I don't cry lol I know what to expect.

Typically the perfect results like 4-6 weeks.

Worst part is that for your first time, you've gotta grow it out to wax it off. Which sucks.
These days after quite a few the hair grows thinner and sparser so even between waxing things aren't that bad. Which is AWESOME.

Personally? I love it. I mean, it can be expensive but I HATE shaving! No more razor bumps, no more shaving every other day, no more thick hair, no worrying about it on vacation..

Tell the waxer it's your first time, and make sure to find a place where you feel comfortable.
I take an aspirin before I go in.

I've also been told by third parties that waxing creates an umm..smoother..finish lol

My favorite waxing person is no-nonsense. I just grit my teeth and she is SO FAST but does such a great job. It's not awkward at all because she is just so blunt about it.

My first time I sobbed the whole time and wanted to stop the person doing it kept talking to me "are you ok?" "are you sure you're ok"
and I was just like "**** JUST DO IT!! AHH!!"

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.