Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

Our very own batshit crazy groomer was kind enough to give me some castor oil and grapeseed oil. Tonight is night one, and my face feels great but looks just as awful as it did during the pictures. I'll update in two weeks with pics to let you guys know how it's going.
Can I change my handle to batshitcrazygroomer? I love it and haven't stopped laughing about it since I read it give minutes ago. My client I'd going to think I'm bonkers when he gets here!!! I hope the castor / grapeseed works as well for you as it has for me.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
See, I don't know if I could handle smelling like vinegar... Is there something besides herbs you can put in there, like essential oils (thinking rose, lavender)?
My hair doesn't smell like vinegar. It does while wet, but not when dry. I do ACV, oil, light shampoo, then conditioner on ends.

My shampoo is Aveeno Naturals, I think. Whatever their sulfate-free one is. Conditioner is John Freida.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
orange iguanas.

Yeah, I don't use ACV on my hair but I spray the dogs with it, and once they're dry you don't smell it. I add essential oils to it so that's the scent they linger with when they dry

I rubbed some of Juno's skin spray on my face last night LOL I figured hey, it's natural and if it helps with her rashes, surely it can help with my face... and sure enough my face did look better this morning Maybe I should add some tea tree oil to my oil mixture.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Got a sulfate free shampoo (dang they are expensive!) some women's multivitamins, and ACV. Does it matter if the ACV is organic/raw? They didn't have any. So I just got regular. It's like diluted to 5% acidity or something. Is there something different I should do like use more vinegar to water since its diluted? Or can I not use it at all?

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I went to HEB a while back (our local store here ... Don't know if it's nation wide or not like Walmart) they didn't have the raw either, but I bought their brand of ACV (I looked at the ingredients to make sure they were at least natural even tho it was diluted.) & I use it & my hair always comes out soft, shiny & pretty even though its not the "mother" ACV.

I know truly sulfate "poos" are pricy ... Even at places like Walmart (loreal makes a good one for around $7 here which to me is like ... O_o) but I know when I go back to the race track in a few weeks I will need a good natural shampoo because doing the baking soda/vinegar thing there with a shared bathroom is too hard
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Okay thanks! I got target brand. I'll try it! What vinegar to water ratio did you use??

Yeah I got the loreal, it was the cheapest I could find. :/ But then again the vinegar was only like $3 for a big jug so it evens out! It's like buying shampoo and conditioner for $5 each. But unfortunately there really isn't much shampoo, it's a small tube for $7....

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I dont do the full steam every night....most nights I just rub a bit on and wipe it off with a wash cloth.
I'm just doing it at the end of my morning shower. I don't rinse my face off in the water stream, I steam with a washcloth and the pat the extra off, but it just adds a few minutes to the end. (I don't usually wear makeup, though, so no reason particularly to do it at night.)

Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Okay thanks! I got target brand. I'll try it! What vinegar to water ratio did you use??

Yeah I got the loreal, it was the cheapest I could find. :/ But then again the vinegar was only like $3 for a big jug so it evens out! It's like buying shampoo and conditioner for $5 each. But unfortunately there really isn't much shampoo, it's a small tube for $7....
I would only use it on the days I'm at the track lol. Make one wonder why sulfate free is so darn expensive o_O.

The first time I use 2-3 tbs for every 16 oz but now I have a large mug which if I had to guess is around 32 oz. I don't measure it anymore I just pour a little in lol. For the baking soda I use three or four handfuls in the same mug. The darn stylist that trimmed my hair yesterday put hairspray in my hair so I took a little in my hands, made it into a paste & then rubbed it through before jumping into the shower to wash it out.

What I like about the soda is that it (At least it doesn't me) burn my eyes I also like this method because it helps with dandruff, itching & dryness ... It's also a gentle exfoliate
Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 PM
orange iguanas.

Who'da thunk things would be cheaper at a natural foods store. I originally bought my castor oil at Walgreens. 4 oz for like $6. Yesterday I was browsing the beauty section at the natural store and what do I see... 16 oz of castor oil for $9. SOLD! lol I thought I was done with OCM but I can't resist a good price

Of course, then I saw the slew of other oils they had, so I had to grab a bottle of sweet almond oil as well. Because it was the cheapest.

AND THEN I had to buy some tea tree oil.

So my new OCM mixture is castor oil + almond oil + some drops of tea tree oil. I have to say I can already tell the almond oil is working wayyy better for me than olive oil was. That stuff was just too heavy maybe? My skin feels as soft as a baby's bottom today

I'm also pretty pumped that my brain kicked on and thought to add the tea tree oil.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I definitely didn't like the olive oil, I don't think many people have success with it. Right now I'm trying grapeseed oil + castor oil just for shiggles, it's not doing a darn thing and I don't expect it to haha.

Careful with tea tree oil, definitely only a few drops! It can be super drying. I used a tea tree oil face wash years ago and it broke me out something horrible. But I think it was just way too much and way too intense because I was using both a TTO cleanser AND TTO toner and I'm almost positive I had a TTO moisturizer too. Curse the lady at The Body Shop who gleefully told me it would be the BEST THING EVER. I got my money back on that stuff. >=|

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog