Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
HayleyMarie's Avatar
HayleyMarie HayleyMarie is offline
Like a bat outa' hell
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beautiful British Columbia!!
Posts: 6,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Hey Nolu that's about how my skin looks too!

I went back to my regular face wash even though I wasn't really pleased with that, either. I think I probably just suck at OCM.
I stopped using OCM, because it made me break out like crazy and my eczema came out full force. I am still dealing with it. I only get the odd pimple here and there so I decided it was not even worth fighting with it and finding the right combo of oils. I usually just wash my face with hot water and when I shower I wash it with a natural bar of soap. So meh, no more OCM for me.
__________________


Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,692
Default

I got a jar of the same oil mix as Nolu from TCG, so I'll try it tomorrow. Tonight I'm doing a coconut oil treatment on my hair and rubbed some of that on my face too. Skin feels great!
__________________

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,639
Default

Linds, we're coming with pitchforks!
lolz jk.

I'll probably still experiment with oils and whatnot just because I've never had a product that I've been super happy with anyway. So nothing to "lose." I was just hoping it'd be a quick and easy miracle.

Actually the first couple weeks I thought my skin was clearing up so I'm not sure what happened after that.
__________________
"And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot"

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is online now
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,148
Default

I know this is weird but ... Since I started washing my face less its gotten better looking. Like I wash it with warm/cold water every morning but I only "wash" wash it when I shower which is every other day or so.

Now it should be known that I don't wear makeup or any kind ... So those who do might not want to try this lol.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 AM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,244
Default

For me the OCM is going well. Breakouts I was having before starting it have improved and not having any problems with it.

Overall my skin does seem a bit softer and more even in texture, but... it's hard to say how much of that is due to the OCM and how much is due to the changing season. Winter is SO dry around here that the change to spring always makes my skin feel better.

Anyway, since I now have these huge bottles of sunflower and castor oil and not having any problems, I'm going to keep up with it. If I keep it going through next winter it will be interesting to me to see if it makes a difference during the dry weather.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is online now
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,148
Default

I never realized how many hair products has sulfates or a variation of them! even at the salons! I was like ... yeah ... no ... I think I will keep up with my natural method.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 AM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Hey Nolu that's about how my skin looks too!

I went back to my regular face wash even though I wasn't really pleased with that, either. I think I probably just suck at OCM.
I wasn't using castor oil, so I think I was DIW.

I'm going to give it a one month try to see. It's just so time-consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
For me the OCM is going well. Breakouts I was having before starting it have improved and not having any problems with it.

Overall my skin does seem a bit softer and more even in texture, but... it's hard to say how much of that is due to the OCM and how much is due to the changing season. Winter is SO dry around here that the change to spring always makes my skin feel better.

Anyway, since I now have these huge bottles of sunflower and castor oil and not having any problems, I'm going to keep up with it. If I keep it going through next winter it will be interesting to me to see if it makes a difference during the dry weather.
Yay! And that's how it seems for most people. TCG's skin looks AMAZING. And she has before and after pics for you guys.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,470
Default

Nolu, I think I would have broken out awful too if I just used Vit E! And with no Castor oil? Yeah, I hope the new mixture works better for you!

For me it's still going really really well. No breakouts, a pimple here or there but way less than normal. And my sister's skin looks GREAT! I wish I had taken a picture before because she was just all blackheads and they are all gone now.
__________________
The Kooligans
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 AM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Nolu, I think I would have broken out awful too if I just used Vit E! And with no Castor oil? Yeah, I hope the new mixture works better for you!

For me it's still going really really well. No breakouts, a pimple here or there but way less than normal. And my sister's skin looks GREAT! I wish I had taken a picture before because she was just all blackheads and they are all gone now.
Yeah, that's why I'm trying again. I don't think it was the oil. So it's worth a try!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,799
Default

OCM going well here too. Breakouts are not really improving but they are not getting worse either. But my skin looks and feels much better. Its much more even and healthy looking (though yes, getting some sun and warmer weather contribute as well).

I dont do the full steam every night....most nights I just rub a bit on and wipe it off with a wash cloth.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site