Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Hey Nolu that's about how my skin looks too!

I went back to my regular face wash even though I wasn't really pleased with that, either. I think I probably just suck at OCM.
I stopped using OCM, because it made me break out like crazy and my eczema came out full force. I am still dealing with it. I only get the odd pimple here and there so I decided it was not even worth fighting with it and finding the right combo of oils. I usually just wash my face with hot water and when I shower I wash it with a natural bar of soap. So meh, no more OCM for me.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Twin 2.0

I got a jar of the same oil mix as Nolu from TCG, so I'll try it tomorrow. Tonight I'm doing a coconut oil treatment on my hair and rubbed some of that on my face too. Skin feels great!

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 AM
orange iguanas.

Linds, we're coming with pitchforks!
lolz jk.

I'll probably still experiment with oils and whatnot just because I've never had a product that I've been super happy with anyway. So nothing to "lose." I was just hoping it'd be a quick and easy miracle.

Actually the first couple weeks I thought my skin was clearing up so I'm not sure what happened after that.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I know this is weird but ... Since I started washing my face less its gotten better looking. Like I wash it with warm/cold water every morning but I only "wash" wash it when I shower which is every other day or so.

Now it should be known that I don't wear makeup or any kind ... So those who do might not want to try this lol.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 AM
such sights to show you

For me the OCM is going well. Breakouts I was having before starting it have improved and not having any problems with it.

Overall my skin does seem a bit softer and more even in texture, but... it's hard to say how much of that is due to the OCM and how much is due to the changing season. Winter is SO dry around here that the change to spring always makes my skin feel better.

Anyway, since I now have these huge bottles of sunflower and castor oil and not having any problems, I'm going to keep up with it. If I keep it going through next winter it will be interesting to me to see if it makes a difference during the dry weather.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:09 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I never realized how many hair products has sulfates or a variation of them! even at the salons! I was like ... yeah ... no ... I think I will keep up with my natural method.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Hey Nolu that's about how my skin looks too!

I went back to my regular face wash even though I wasn't really pleased with that, either. I think I probably just suck at OCM.
I wasn't using castor oil, so I think I was DIW.

I'm going to give it a one month try to see. It's just so time-consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
For me the OCM is going well. Breakouts I was having before starting it have improved and not having any problems with it.

Overall my skin does seem a bit softer and more even in texture, but... it's hard to say how much of that is due to the OCM and how much is due to the changing season. Winter is SO dry around here that the change to spring always makes my skin feel better.

Anyway, since I now have these huge bottles of sunflower and castor oil and not having any problems, I'm going to keep up with it. If I keep it going through next winter it will be interesting to me to see if it makes a difference during the dry weather.
Yay! And that's how it seems for most people. TCG's skin looks AMAZING. And she has before and after pics for you guys.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Twin 2

Nolu, I think I would have broken out awful too if I just used Vit E! And with no Castor oil? Yeah, I hope the new mixture works better for you!

For me it's still going really really well. No breakouts, a pimple here or there but way less than normal. And my sister's skin looks GREAT! I wish I had taken a picture before because she was just all blackheads and they are all gone now.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Nolu, I think I would have broken out awful too if I just used Vit E! And with no Castor oil? Yeah, I hope the new mixture works better for you!

For me it's still going really really well. No breakouts, a pimple here or there but way less than normal. And my sister's skin looks GREAT! I wish I had taken a picture before because she was just all blackheads and they are all gone now.
Yeah, that's why I'm trying again. I don't think it was the oil. So it's worth a try!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

OCM going well here too. Breakouts are not really improving but they are not getting worse either. But my skin looks and feels much better. Its much more even and healthy looking (though yes, getting some sun and warmer weather contribute as well).

I dont do the full steam every night....most nights I just rub a bit on and wipe it off with a wash cloth.