Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,127
Default

Ugh yeah I'm trying to grow mine out again. It's at that crappy phase where it's long enough to bug me and be in the way, but still too short to put in a ponytail. Last week it was hot out and I took the dogs for a long walk and was all gross and sweaty afterwards, and my hair was just a freaking mess, I was ready to shave it all off I was so frustrated that I couldn't pull it back lol.
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Ugh yeah I'm trying to grow mine out again. It's at that crappy phase where it's long enough to bug me and be in the way, but still too short to put in a ponytail. Last week it was hot out and I took the dogs for a long walk and was all gross and sweaty afterwards, and my hair was just a freaking mess, I was ready to shave it all off I was so frustrated that I couldn't pull it back lol.
Bandanas, done up like "do rags" were my best friend in those months wher I couldn't do anything with my hair ... They sometimes still are when Im in a humid climate or I'm riding & have to wear my helmet
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Equinox's Avatar
Equinox Equinox is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,659
Default

Looking for hair advice! My hair is dying and I don't know what to do I used to have very thick hair, but in the last few years it's been falling out and thinning. Now my hair is constantly flat, even if I had just washed it within the last few hours.

I've tried using a root lifter, but can't see a difference. I had bloodwork done last month and I do not have an iron deficiency. I used to blow dry my hair, but stopped about half a year ago... and I never straighten my hair.

HELP.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 AM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Oooo anyone growing their hair out right now? I'm trying to but it's at an awkward phase and I keep looking at it going "cut all the hair off!!!" Anyone have any tricks our anything that helps you leave it alone while you're growing it out? The most I can do right now is pin the bangs back... It's annoying.
If it's in your budget, I would really recommend working with a good hairstylist for the growing out period. It seems counterproductive, but getting it shaped regularly while it's growing out makes all the difference.

My most recent transition from pixie to now about collarbone-length hair was relatively painless compared to all the previous times I just sort of stopped getting my hair cut altogether until it was the length I wanted.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 AM
katielou's Avatar
katielou katielou is online now
Slave to the Aussie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Looking for hair advice! My hair is dying and I don't know what to do I used to have very thick hair, but in the last few years it's been falling out and thinning. Now my hair is constantly flat, even if I had just washed it within the last few hours.

I've tried using a root lifter, but can't see a difference. I had bloodwork done last month and I do not have an iron deficiency. I used to blow dry my hair, but stopped about half a year ago... and I never straighten my hair.

HELP.
Biotin or hair, skin and nails! They are supplements and worked wonders for me!
__________________
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."
- cowboy wisdom
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Equinox's Avatar
Equinox Equinox is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Biotin or hair, skin and nails! They are supplements and worked wonders for me!
Thanks so much!! Not sure how I didn't think of supplements. That's fantastic, I'll definitely grab a bottle the next time I'm out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:44 AM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Oooo anyone growing their hair out right now? I'm trying to but it's at an awkward phase and I keep looking at it going "cut all the hair off!!!" Anyone have any tricks our anything that helps you leave it alone while you're growing it out? The most I can do right now is pin the bangs back... It's annoying.
Yes. Ugh.

I've been blow drying it and doing headbands. Everyone thinks it's super cute. I think it's kind of sloppy looking, though. I also twist an inch or so of the front hair down the side and pin it to keep it out of my face - a french braid type thing, except it's a twist.

Can you cut it all off for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
ME!

No tricks because I'm five seconds away from cutting it ALL off.
LET'S DO IT TOGETHER.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Looking for hair advice! My hair is dying and I don't know what to do I used to have very thick hair, but in the last few years it's been falling out and thinning. Now my hair is constantly flat, even if I had just washed it within the last few hours.

I've tried using a root lifter, but can't see a difference. I had bloodwork done last month and I do not have an iron deficiency. I used to blow dry my hair, but stopped about half a year ago... and I never straighten my hair.

HELP.
I was also having probs with my hair thinning dud to she & stress I think, I tried this hair/shin/nails vite from GNC (mostly cuz it was the cheapest lol, about $12 vs $20 - something for the others) I can't post links right now but it's in a dark brown bottle with a purple label & purple cap I think.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 AM
ThatCrazyGroomer's Avatar
ThatCrazyGroomer ThatCrazyGroomer is offline
Was BackwardCinderella
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorao
Posts: 416
Default

Text me when you need a trim and I'll get you in.
As for seeing a stylist... It's not really a buffet thing, more of a time thing. I have very little Rome for anything anymore outside business.
__________________

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:39 PM
~Dixie's_Mom~'s Avatar
~Dixie's_Mom~ ~Dixie's_Mom~ is offline
♥Chloe & Violet♥
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,135
Default

Okay so clear this up for me, are you guys using ACV alone on hair? Like no shampoo or conditioner? Or are you using a sulfate free shampoo with the ACV as a conditioner? Or are you using it along with shampoo and conditioner? I can't find a lot of clarity with just googling it. My initial idea was to use sulfate free shampoo and then use the ACV as a conditioner. Is this a good plan? I'm going shopping tonight so I just wanted to be clear on that. Thanks!
__________________
Lauren
Don't fear tomorrow.


Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site