Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM
orange iguanas.

Ugh yeah I'm trying to grow mine out again. It's at that crappy phase where it's long enough to bug me and be in the way, but still too short to put in a ponytail. Last week it was hot out and I took the dogs for a long walk and was all gross and sweaty afterwards, and my hair was just a freaking mess, I was ready to shave it all off I was so frustrated that I couldn't pull it back lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Ugh yeah I'm trying to grow mine out again. It's at that crappy phase where it's long enough to bug me and be in the way, but still too short to put in a ponytail. Last week it was hot out and I took the dogs for a long walk and was all gross and sweaty afterwards, and my hair was just a freaking mess, I was ready to shave it all off I was so frustrated that I couldn't pull it back lol.
Bandanas, done up like "do rags" were my best friend in those months wher I couldn't do anything with my hair ... They sometimes still are when Im in a humid climate or I'm riding & have to wear my helmet
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

Looking for hair advice! My hair is dying and I don't know what to do I used to have very thick hair, but in the last few years it's been falling out and thinning. Now my hair is constantly flat, even if I had just washed it within the last few hours.

I've tried using a root lifter, but can't see a difference. I had bloodwork done last month and I do not have an iron deficiency. I used to blow dry my hair, but stopped about half a year ago... and I never straighten my hair.

HELP.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Oooo anyone growing their hair out right now? I'm trying to but it's at an awkward phase and I keep looking at it going "cut all the hair off!!!" Anyone have any tricks our anything that helps you leave it alone while you're growing it out? The most I can do right now is pin the bangs back... It's annoying.
If it's in your budget, I would really recommend working with a good hairstylist for the growing out period. It seems counterproductive, but getting it shaped regularly while it's growing out makes all the difference.

My most recent transition from pixie to now about collarbone-length hair was relatively painless compared to all the previous times I just sort of stopped getting my hair cut altogether until it was the length I wanted.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Looking for hair advice! My hair is dying and I don't know what to do I used to have very thick hair, but in the last few years it's been falling out and thinning. Now my hair is constantly flat, even if I had just washed it within the last few hours.

I've tried using a root lifter, but can't see a difference. I had bloodwork done last month and I do not have an iron deficiency. I used to blow dry my hair, but stopped about half a year ago... and I never straighten my hair.

HELP.
Biotin or hair, skin and nails! They are supplements and worked wonders for me!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Biotin or hair, skin and nails! They are supplements and worked wonders for me!
Thanks so much!! Not sure how I didn't think of supplements. That's fantastic, I'll definitely grab a bottle the next time I'm out.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Oooo anyone growing their hair out right now? I'm trying to but it's at an awkward phase and I keep looking at it going "cut all the hair off!!!" Anyone have any tricks our anything that helps you leave it alone while you're growing it out? The most I can do right now is pin the bangs back... It's annoying.
Yes. Ugh.

I've been blow drying it and doing headbands. Everyone thinks it's super cute. I think it's kind of sloppy looking, though. I also twist an inch or so of the front hair down the side and pin it to keep it out of my face - a french braid type thing, except it's a twist.

Can you cut it all off for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
ME!

No tricks because I'm five seconds away from cutting it ALL off.
LET'S DO IT TOGETHER.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post

HELP.
I was also having probs with my hair thinning dud to she & stress I think, I tried this hair/shin/nails vite from GNC (mostly cuz it was the cheapest lol, about $12 vs $20 - something for the others) I can't post links right now but it's in a dark brown bottle with a purple label & purple cap I think.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Was BackwardCinderella

Text me when you need a trim and I'll get you in.
As for seeing a stylist... It's not really a buffet thing, more of a time thing. I have very little Rome for anything anymore outside business.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:39 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Okay so clear this up for me, are you guys using ACV alone on hair? Like no shampoo or conditioner? Or are you using a sulfate free shampoo with the ACV as a conditioner? Or are you using it along with shampoo and conditioner? I can't find a lot of clarity with just googling it. My initial idea was to use sulfate free shampoo and then use the ACV as a conditioner. Is this a good plan? I'm going shopping tonight so I just wanted to be clear on that. Thanks!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)