Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Top Dog

Definitely - when I used OCM, I broke out a lot in really really teeny tiny pimples right after starting and it lasted about a week. I didn't get any big painful scary blemishes, though, which was nice (and what I was trying to get rid of).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Definitely - when I used OCM, I broke out a lot in really really teeny tiny pimples right after starting and it lasted about a week. I didn't get any big painful scary blemishes, though, which was nice (and what I was trying to get rid of).
I think that is what my skin is going through right now. I hardly get pimples. But I am getting tiny ones. Not a lot of them though, lets just hope they do not last very long.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

Did the headband no heat curl method last night (take a soft stretchy headband and wear it around your head...take sections of hair starting in middle back and wrap them around headband basically). Pretty pleased with the way the curls came out. Braids make waves not too unlike my natural texture, the little buns give me HUGE volume and tiny curls, this though, pretty nice soft big curls. Going to do it again tonight after brush and defrizz as I did it last night with no product on just washed hair. Its horribly humid so I have frizz for sure.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I consider this girly, its my favorite ring online store Leigh Jay Natch.

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/sh...?page=12&id=20

Looking at the rings makes my heart happy.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Did the headband no heat curl method last night (take a soft stretchy headband and wear it around your head...take sections of hair starting in middle back and wrap them around headband basically). Pretty pleased with the way the curls came out. Braids make waves not too unlike my natural texture, the little buns give me HUGE volume and tiny curls, this though, pretty nice soft big curls. Going to do it again tonight after brush and defrizz as I did it last night with no product on just washed hair. Its horribly humid so I have frizz for sure.
Are you following a tutorial? I can't picture how to do this but it sounds like it would be good for me!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Are you following a tutorial? I can't picture how to do this but it sounds like it would be good for me!
I've seen it several places and my stylist showed me as well...just finally got around to trying it.

here is one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rdfgu3zqY4

I used a thicker headband though and did it a bit differently - each section I wrapped all the way around and then smooshed it all together...then started the next section. But the idea is the same
Old 04-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

I've tried the fabric headband curls - and it's works really really well, on certain pieces of my hair.

The rest? Totally tangled together, couldn't get it off without cutting the headband, and then had to brush major knots out of my hair. I tried three times before I gave up. I think my hair is just way too long or thick for it, because I can't fit all my hair around the band without sections overlapping, if that makes sense.

Using a strip of fabric (especially silk) worked a lot better, at least I could get it out no problem. The curls were still a little bit intertwined and a few tangles, but I could see it working well on someone with less hair. If anyone with really long/thick hair has done this, I'd be curious how it turned out.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
I consider this girly, its my favorite ring online store Leigh Jay Natch.

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/sh...?page=12&id=20

Looking at the rings makes my heart happy.

I'm not a ring/jewellery person, but some of those are gorgeous...I can definitely see myself with one of those for my future wedding.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

hmmm, my hair is not super long right now (its just to my bra strap) but it is incredibly thick. For me I just had to be careful to do each section on its on and on top of itself to give myself enough room....and then had to make sure to unwind in order as well
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
hmmm, my hair is not super long right now (its just to my bra strap) but it is incredibly thick. For me I just had to be careful to do each section on its on and on top of itself to give myself enough room....and then had to make sure to unwind in order as well
See, even if I wind the hair really tight and keep it on top of each other, I can get about half of my hair onto the headband before it starts overlapping.