Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

My first night doing OCM and my skin feels great! So clean. So smooth. So refreshed. The lavender essential oil was so calming which was exactly what I needed.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 04-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Bite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
My first night doing OCM and my skin feels great! So clean. So smooth. So refreshed. The lavender essential oil was so calming which was exactly what I needed.
I thought of adding this to mine also. I think I will tomorrow. I keep waiting for the oil slick, but it hasn't happened. I CAN say my skin feels a bit tight, I can't believe. Of course I keep touching my face, I will pay for that.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I did a picture the other day with no makeup or editing at all but I don't think I have a good comparable before picture.
No worries! I figured maybe for those of us just starting it, it would be a cool idea. I need to get a good before picture still, but after one day my face feels so much better. And looks better. I am an idiot for quitting this and using soap and stuff on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I've changed to Jojoba and I really like how light it is. The olive oil was too heavy for me and I'm using the coconut oil as a moisturizer rather than to clean.
Olive oil is one of the heaviest. I personally find Jojoba a mid-range to heavy oil. I'm using vitamin e now, which is mid-range and kind of sticky, if that makes sense.

Argan oil is the best, IMO. It's so, so light. I can use it once every two days on my hands and they are still wonderfully smooth.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Top Dog

Pretty much the only reason I use sulfate free shampoo is because if I use shampoo with sulfate is that I end up breaking out on my forehead/face. Yes, my hair is softer and healthier without it, but my hair really wasn't the problem before. So if anyone's hair is fine but they're having skin issues, that might be something to try.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Well my face is still attached. Breakouts no better or worse than they were so far -- mostly just little whiteheads around my nose that aren't terribly obvious but still annoy me.

My skin felt a little dry after the cleanse so I put an extremely small bit of EVOO as a leaveon moisturizer. I don't mind the EVOO's weight for the cleanse but I can see how a lighter oil would be nice for the leave-on. Still, I'd rather keep it very simple and barebones for a bit to see if it works before I start fiddling around with it. Hard to say something is a success/failure if I'm constantly changing it or putting in additives.

So yeah, no catastrophes. First hurdle passed

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13

Last edited by Shai; 04-18-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM
& the Muttly Crew

In unrelated girly stuff, I need a haircut. Badly. And my hairdresser lives a full day's drive away because I still haven't found a new one post-move. I've gone back to where I used to live just barely often enough to make do by scheduling an appointment when I am there, but it's been many months and there are no trips on the horizon.

I hate having to find new places to trust with my hair! Finding new hairdressers, doctors, etc. is one of the worst parts of moving.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 AM
such sights to show you

So after the first try, my skin does feel clean and not like a big grease ball. Yes, this pleases me.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Crazy Dog!

Yup, just been using coconut oil and it feels ok. I think my skin looks better. I've been doing it two days now. The coconut oil is the best makeup remover I've ever used.

No new breakouts. I think my skin is on the dry side, but definitely gets really oily when I break out, but I'll still have dry patches. So far I'm loving this method. I'm going to try it for a month before I throw out my clearasil and neutrogena concoctions.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

It takes about two weeks for your skin to adjust/react to any new products, BTW, guys - so if you suddenly break out in a few days after doing OCM, don't immediately jump to it being the OCM causing the problem. It is more than likely existing stuff making it's way to the surface and would have done so one way or another. My dermatologist always wanted me to try something for 30 days before I tried to make a judgment call on if it was working or not. Give it a fair shake before throwing in the towel!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
It takes about two weeks for your skin to adjust/react to any new products, BTW, guys - so if you suddenly break out in a few days after doing OCM, don't immediately jump to it being the OCM causing the problem. It is more than likely existing stuff making it's way to the surface and would have done so one way or another. My dermatologist always wanted me to try something for 30 days before I tried to make a judgment call on if it was working or not. Give it a fair shake before throwing in the towel!
Yeah I'm treating it like dog lol. Some dogs get a stomach upset with a sudden switch, and others don't, regardless whether the new food is "better" or not. Some are upset immediately and some take a day...others like Kim who react to the food itself take a week or two before suddenly it's a problem...

That said I really hope I'm not one whose skin is going to go haywire before it resolves :P...but we'll see.