Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

I started nuvaring about 2 weeks ago since I was having issues remembering to take my pill and this seemed easier and so far, I like it. Put it in once a month. Simple. I like it.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

I'm an IUD advocate for sure (meaning, it has worked well for me, not that it will for everyone, or that everyone should have one), but I just have to point out that if you google ANY kind of birth control you can find horror stories. There is nothing that works for everyone. All of them can cause terrible issues.

Googling is really dangerous. I can pretty much convince myself I'm dying of everything if I google it!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

So I'm up to well over 6 months on natural hair care. So far I'm really enjoying it. ErinMC is kind of a crunch nut as well and she's pushed me out of my comfort zone on things to try.

I'm currently doing Suave Naturals shampoo/condition about once a month, then doing an ACV rinse somewhere in there, with honey or aloe or egg (or a combination) depending on what I feel like my hair needs. I did get a cut about a month ago... no lie, the shampoo felt AMAZING.

I'm currently "washing" about once a week. I'm thinking about trying to go more WO again and spreading it out to 2x a week with "product".

I use coconut oil sporadically still for face/body. I find oil baths super duper relaxing. I've been using a Norwex body cloth for a few weeks now, though, and it's just easier. It gets a super close shave, too, which is awesome.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Active Pup

My favorite things:
- homemade shea/oil lotion (AAAMAZING)
- African Black Soap
- Pure (Unfiltered) Honey
- Egg washes
- OCM (2/3 Hempseed Oil, 1/3 Castor Oil)
- Collidial Oatmeal baths
- Micofiber
- ACV
- Indian Healing Clay aka Bentonite Clay
Old 05-15-2014, 10:08 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I just discovered the most amazing styling for my hair.

I take a shower. I twist my wet hair up and clip it with a jaw clip. Spray with hairspray.

It looks good while it's up (well, better than a pony-tail), and if I leave it in for a few hours and let it dry, when I take the clip out - PERFECT CURLS. And they stay perfect with no frizz because of the hairspray, without being "crunchy" or "product-y" (which is why I normally hate hairspray).

Why did I not do this earlier?

And thanks to cutting back on my need straighten my hair, some moisturizing shampoo/conditioner that has actually worked for my hair (Suave Moisturizing Shampoo), and the help of some Argan Oil...I think I may actually like my hair now. No more insane frizz, no more insane dryness, no more it-feels-too-oily. I can even have a pony tail that looks normal (straight hair OR curly!) with very minimal effort thanks to frizz no longer being an issue. Yey!

Old 05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I just discovered the most amazing styling for my hair.

I take a shower. I twist my wet hair up and clip it with a jaw clip. Spray with hairspray.

It looks good while it's up (well, better than a pony-tail), and if I leave it in for a few hours and let it dry, when I take the clip out - PERFECT CURLS. And they stay perfect with no frizz because of the hairspray, without being "crunchy" or "product-y" (which is why I normally hate hairspray).

Why did I not do this earlier?

And thanks to cutting back on my need straighten my hair, some moisturizing shampoo/conditioner that has actually worked for my hair (Suave Moisturizing Shampoo), and the help of some Argan Oil...I think I may actually like my hair now. No more insane frizz, no more insane dryness, no more it-feels-too-oily. I can even have a pony tail that looks normal (straight hair OR curly!) with very minimal effort thanks to frizz no longer being an issue. Yey!
This sounds amazing! Pictures? Looking for a new way to dry my hair without heat while avoiding frizz!!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Drying my hair is my biggest issue. It is so thick it takes forever. If I clip it up (which helps most with the waves) it doesnt dry....like next day will still be wet in parts so then it gets really weird. If I leave it down to dry it gets a bit frizzy and unkempt mainly because I just cant leave it down that long without messing with it unless I am actually out or something. My hair in general has been driving me crazy lately.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
This sounds amazing! Pictures? Looking for a new way to dry my hair without heat while avoiding frizz!!
I basically do this:
http://m.wikihow.com/Put-Your-Hair-Up-with-a-Jaw-Clip

Only I have a different kind of jaw clip (no idea what kind...it isn't an octopus one, but similar) and I start the twist from a low ponytail vs. higher one as my hair is long.

I use the Frizz-Ease hairspray. Love it!

It does take awhile for the hair to dry as its all twisted and put up, so I don't really use it as a drying technique...more as a "I had to wash my hair and now go out in public and this is how I can look presentable with wet hair". LOL If I do it in the morning, by evening it's dry when I let it down. (Or just slightly damp, and letting it down finishes the job.)

Old 05-15-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm All Ears

I have to put in a plug for Neutrogena Skin Clearing oil-free makeup. Omg it has been amazing. I've been using it around a month and my skin is clearing up so well. Very light feel to it and mid level coverage. I have had such a hard time finding foundation that didnt' leave me looking like a grease pit.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

I've never met a jaw clip that can hold all my hair even the super large ones don't hold it all

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com