Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Vanillasugar/nilly update?

Is she ok?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Let it be

She is always in my thoughts. I hope her and her family are doing ok. <3
Old 04-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Top Dog

I'm always wondering about her and her family. I hope we get an update soon.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I'll try to poke her to pop in

She's doing well, busy being back at work and being with her son.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-13-2013, 01:23 PM
just call me Nilly

Hi guys!!

I really appreciate that you haven't forgotten about me. I haven't forgotten about you either, just very busy and hardly even check more than occasionally clicking "like" on FB. I would love to be on Chaz more, I miss you!! Currently Carter is napping, so I'm hoping to take this time to update you on how I'm doing.

Overall, I'd say I'm doing pretty well, cancer wise. The one year mark has passed, which I think of now trying not to have cancer continue through my daily thoughts. I'm still taking Chemo (pills) 5 days of every 28. Side effects have varied, but nothing severe. Mostly I get very tired, but that's about the worst. I feel very blessed, since it could be much worse.

I still have MRI's done every 3 months. For the last one, my tumor was called "stable". Basically, it hasn't moved since the last MRI (when it had shown some small reduction). I don't mind that it hasn't grown, but it hasn't gotten smaller either. I want this bugger GONE!! My next MRI is to be done in May, and I continue to visualize the tumor getting smaller and smaller.

I'm still on Steroids. Hate being on them, but it probably won't change anytime soon. I hate the chubby cheeks and chin, hate the extra hair everywhere (i've never had this much waxing done!) but the good side is that my hair is growing back nice and thick! I was originally told that my hair around my scar area would never grow back (after radiation). The doctors should know not to say " never" to me

I'm back at work, but only about once a week. It's very nice to be back talking to customers and seeing dogs I've missed!

Carter has grown SO much. I'll see if I can post some pics. He is a wonderful boy. I am, again, very blessed. He's an angel.

I have to run, as I have to do laundry and dishes before he wakes up. I'll try to be on more!!! (((((Hugs)))))

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

So, so happy to hear you are doing relatively well! I have kept you in my thoughts and am very happy that you are okay! We miss you on Chaz but we know you are busy being a mommy and getting well! Glad you were able to update us some!! How is Sierra?

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Does anyone know anything more recent? I haven't been on in so long.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
Does anyone know anything more recent? I haven't been on in so long.
She's still being awesome, amazing and hugely optimistic.

I've been keeping up with her on Facebook. She's going through a really tough period. She had a big scare a few weeks back that landed her in palliative care, etc, but since then she's had a drug switch and a new round of chemo. Last I read she's still in hospital, but is hopefully going home next week.

I don't think things are going great right now, but her and everyone around her are so strong. It's difficult for her to write - her FB updates are a little tricky to read and her husband Matthew handles the longer update posts for her. I love how strong she is. I admire her so much and continue rooting for her,

TL;DR: Things are worse than they were before, but Nilly's as strong and as optimistic as ever. <3 SHe's still fighting hard.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 PM
*Biter*

Sending her huge "be well" vibes. She's always been such an inspiration. I hope she continues to kick ass. She is amazing, I hope she knows how many people are thinking about her and pulling for her.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 10-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Does she have a support page on FB that's more public? I would like to keel up with her but I don't know her well enough to friend her and I don't wanna invade her privacy. I just know that some people in those situations make a more public page or group to keep the community informed and they like to get a ton of followers. Anything like that that you could link?