Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

judging from the responses, i'm starting to think this article doesn't have anything to do with what I thought I saw raw milk and assumed this was another raw milk article, i should click the link I guess
Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
judging from the responses, i'm starting to think this article doesn't have anything to do with what I thought I saw raw milk and assumed this was another raw milk article, i should click the link I guess
It is about documenting everything a farm does, has, or grows. And speaks about how the government has the right to come in and pretty much take what it wants.

I realize that it is biased, but I do believe that the majority of the information is factual. This isn't the one thing that has sparked my "I don't trust the government", a lot of things have brought it on. Further gun control being one of them.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Okay, so I went a little overboard. Concealed carry is legal, but extremely difficult to obtain from what I've heard. As far as the raw milk goes, it is illegal to sell unless selling by herdshare. If you get sick, and it can be proven you drink raw milk, then you may not be covered under insurance.
You didnt go overboard, you're blatantly spewing out misinformation that you apparently know little to nothing about.

I always love when people are like I HATE US GOVERNMENT. I SHOULD/WILL MOVE TO CANADA. Chances are, you'll hate it here even more Most of what people hate about the US... Is the same or more strict here.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I love it here, you Canadians talk real funny like.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
You didnt go overboard, you're blatantly spewing out misinformation that you apparently know little to nothing about.

I always love when people are like I HATE US GOVERNMENT. I SHOULD/WILL MOVE TO CANADA. Chances are, you'll hate it here even more Most of what people hate about the US... Is the same or more strict here.
I didn't say that I was moving to Canada. I said I have looked into Canada, and quite obviously found things that I didn't like about that country as well.

And if I am blatantly spewing out misinformation, please help me to understand exactly how it is, because apparently I cannot find consistent information. I will then edit my original post to include the correct information.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Wait, so your whole problem with the article... Is that they are making people report their assets and profits? That's.... Nothing new.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
It's kind of funny that a lot of things being done now are very similar to procedures that were welcomed years ago. During the World Wars there was a lot of sacrifice and the citizens embraced being patriotic and helping out their country. Now, it's much more MINEMINEMINE. An interesting change.
I can't remember what it's from, and I suspect some horribly cheesy sci-fi or fantasy movie, but I've heard a quote along the lines of how peaceful times are just as challenging and test character just as much as conflict/war times. I really think it's true. If anything I think it's more divisive within a given group/country/family. I find it kind of fascinating, really.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

"As is readily apparent, the executive order admits that the federal government can seize all farms, food, seeds, livestock and water resources any time it wants. The USDA agricultural census document provides the U.S. government with a "registration list" of all farms, seeds, tractors, livestock and water resources. It tells them what each farm possesses and exactly where to find it."

Is my main issue with the article. I realize that for large farms, profits and such should be recorded. Why though, should I, a small time farmer growing only enough to sustain myself have to record all of that? If I'm not selling it or making a profit off of it, I don't feel that I should have to.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

I thought Canadia was just another state, with really big counties and mounties?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I thought Canadia was just another state, with really big counties and mounties?
And poutine.