Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM
PSD Partner

Default Need Gift Idea's

OK all you smart people I need some help here. My dad's b-day is this month and I am going nuts trying to figure out the perfect gift. I found the perfect card. Now just need the perfect gift. Problem is money is tight because we are saving all we can to have as many visits with my daughter as we can(it is a 2 hour drive one way to visit with her). So it can't be expensive. The issue is I have not seen him in 26yrs. Never been to his home since he is on the other end of the country. I know he loves guns, hunting, building things and so on. But I am sure he has everything for all that stuff because he has always been an active hunter, used to own his own gun store, and has his own shop set up at his house for building things. I did find two really perfect gifts that are personalized but the shipping on them is crazy since they are in the States making each gift end up being over $50 each, which is way too much. I can't find anything similar here in Canada though. Any idea's?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Top Dog

What about a hand made blanket? Maybe in hunting themes?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
PSD Partner

That is a good idea but we did the blanket thing for Christmas. We had memory blankets made for each of my children and for my dad. It had 15 photo's of all of us. It also had copies of the only 3 pictures I had of him and I. Along with pictures of all my children and my partner and I. They have it hanging on their wall.

So I want to do something different. Here are the links to the two things I had found that I liked that could be personalized:

THis I know he would get a lot of use out of
http://www.personalizationmall.com/P...ategoryid=1452

And this I just thought was cute if I personalized it with his name and location
http://gifts.personalcreations.com//...pgroup=PGRANDF
Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Walgreens has a lot of those personalized mugs and such. I am assuming there are walgreens in Canada?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
PSD Partner

We have Walmart. I don't think I have ever seen a Walgreens.

Thanks for all the ideas. Thanks to a friends suggestion I got a specialized money clip. It is perfect. I wanted something that he could use everyday. Something along his interests. I can't wait for it to arrive for us to mail off. I think he will love it. Here is a picture.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/11467651...gun-money-clip