Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Nope!!

Honestly, I've never even heard of most "famous people." Sometimes I'll recognize someone in a movie and it'll dawn on me that I've seen them before, and people will be like "That's Blah BlahBlah!! He was in blah blah blah blah blah!!" and I'm just kinda like "oh... I see." Or someone will mention some name that I've never heard of, and assume is some obscure actor... and everybody knows who they are. Even most famous names, I've heard of them but have no idea who they are or what they look like Ann Hathaway? The name is familiar, but i have no face or accomplishments. Not that I don't watch stuff... I watch lots of movies and such... I just am bad with faces I guess, and I don't pay attention to who plays what.

I don't think I've ever even seen a famous person (that I know of)... I guess at concerts.

Nope definitely am not friends with any lol.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
The Littlest Hound

Jamie bestwick (something like 7 time dew cup champ for bmx)... Well, I've only met him a few times but my fiancé & he used to converse regularly... They both ride (bikes) and we used to live fairly close.

My cousin is a model, if that counts... Ummmm I don't know. Dog people? I met Kevin Fitzgerald from E-vets once.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
My cousin is a model, if that counts... Ummmm I don't know. Dog people? I met Kevin Fitzgerald from E-vets once.
Okay I'm HIGHLY jealous you met Kevin Fitzgerald! He was like my childhood crush
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Top Dog

I've met and even hung out with plenty of famous people, but haven't really been friends with or interacted regularly with them. I had one famous friend/pen-pal for a while. My best friend's cousin is a very famous actor, but I haven't see him since I was a kid. My parents were close to Britney spears' fiance's parents at one point. Lots of things like that.

I know lots of people who are I guess "sort of famous" either local musical artists who are famous in the area, or had clients who were things like producers, high profile lawyers, philanthropists, etc. the kind of people you wouldn't recognize but if you heard who they were you'd know about what they did or were involved in.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Obey the Toad.

I met and petted the horse that played Shadowfax in the Lord of the Rings movies...

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I met and petted the horse that played Shadowfax in the Lord of the Rings movies...
That's awesome! Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

I have met quite a few, and have the pictures to prove it...but that's because I'm a con going freak lol. Other then that no, no I don't.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Personally don't get the fascination with famous people, though. They're just people.
This. We have supposedly famous people coming into work all the time and I just nod and smile and treat them like anyone else. I really don't care, and I doubt they want to be treated differently than anyone else. . .
Old 04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Nope. I'm weird like that though.. I will LOVE a celebrity's work, but avoid things like tabloids, personal interviews, meeting them in person..
I think it just kills the fantasy for me lol I'd much rather just enjoy their work than "know them".
YES! Thank you! You are the first person other than me that's said that and it makes me happy.

I drive my sister nuts because she'll go "Let me send you so and so's interview from the show we both like" and I'll have to go "No! Don't! I don't want to see it ever. Can't watch it!"

I just don't want to know because it ruins something for me. I like to fully immerse myself in characters and finding out they are real people totally kills it for me.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
YES! Thank you! You are the first person other than me that's said that and it makes me happy.

I drive my sister nuts because she'll go "Let me send you so and so's interview from the show we both like" and I'll have to go "No! Don't! I don't want to see it ever. Can't watch it!"

I just don't want to know because it ruins something for me. I like to fully immerse myself in characters and finding out they are real people totally kills it for me.
I can agree with this too. I remember watching The Talking Dead, which is basically where the episode is discussed and they often bring the actors/actresses on. It was so weird for me to see Daryl, not as Daryl. I just struggle to see the actor/actress being anyone other than their character, if they're from a favourite TV series. Movies are a different story though.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.