Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

Default Pre-Vet club ideas

At my college we have a pre-vet club and, while I am not an officer, I am friends with them. We have been having horrible attendance, like the three officers and me go to the meetings. Two of the officers are graduating this year, so if this club is going to live we need better attendance. So, anyone have ideas? We were thinking about getting some speakers, not sure what sort of speaker though. I don't know what we could do on a regular basis though either. Any ideas would ne a great help!

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

There's a (large) pre-vet club at my school. Speakers come in almost every week (usually different kinds of vets, occasionally someone from an admissions office or something...) They have service opportunities where you can go an help out at local animal shelters, at a horse rescue stable, and with the cats at Petsmart. Occasionally, they do "socials" (snow tubing, dinner out, etc), but I honestly don't think those get as much attendance. Every Spring they have a "pet show" that they advertise to the community. There is a (slightly lackluster, I must admit) silent auction that goes on, opportunities to get your dog his or her CGC, a "show" in which prizes are awarded for best trick, and other silly categories, and a presentation by a local guide dog training center.

It's an enlightening club, although since they tend to repeat the speakers from year to year, after having been in it for a few semesters, it's now getting quite repetitive.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/