Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

We found ours through friends who had bought through him. He does a ton of leg work for us and we have a question we can call him anytime. The bank was so do this that and this and call us when you get a contract. Our mortgage guy does not do rehab loans which we almost did at one point and the bank that does them here were so unhelpful. I am glad its working out that we can use him.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
We found ours through friends who had bought through him. He does a ton of leg work for us and we have a question we can call him anytime. The bank was so do this that and this and call us when you get a contract. Our mortgage guy does not do rehab loans which we almost did at one point and the bank that does them here were so unhelpful. I am glad its working out that we can use him.
Ahh, okay. We are definitely going to have to do a meetup sometime and go riding together or something!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Ahh, okay. We are definitely going to have to do a meetup sometime and go riding together or something!
Yes. Another good thing about the place we have the contract on now is its rich down the road from a horse park! Though I wish I had eighty acres to ride on of my own lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Yes. Another good thing about the place we have the contract on now is its rich down the road from a horse park! Though I wish I had eighty acres to ride on of my own lol!
Nice! Yeah, it was super nice to have all that room. We had an indoor there too, so it was even better. I would be spoiled if I got to move back. Lol.

But, if I am able to come down, then I can pick your brain a little bit about the buying process and such. Do the barns increase land value at all and affect taxes?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

In our neighborhood it was $50-100K cheaper to build. Even with the struggling economy we've added about $20K in equity because of increasing property values. So it really just depends.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
& the Muttly Crew

It really depends on the area. There's no replacement for pricing thigs out in your location and talking to locals who have built or bought recently.

Then again the house that I love is a little farm built in the mid-late 1800s. We tried to buy it but the woman living there (who has been there 40 years) had a panic attack when faced with leaving and cancelled the deal. Broke my heart.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
You'll never find a home today built with comparable materials from the late 1800-early 1900's

I helped my dad do a kitchen in dowtown St. Paul just off of Grand Ave. Built in the 1860's I think, for a member of the Hill family. You can't find large planks of wood that quality anywhere anymore. I wish I could have dismantled that whole house and taken the framing
Too late to edit, but I had to go back and check on that house. It wasn't built in the 1860's it was 1886 and a Hill didn't live there till 1931. Still has some amazing cuts of timber.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

I think it really depends on the area. Here, the only way to build is to head at least an hour (usually more like 90 minutes) outside the job centers. No way we were willing to do that. Buying the little 1950's ramblers and tearing them down is a popular option around here, because it's the only way you can get a buildable lot with a reasonable commute.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I think it really depends on the area. Here, the only way to build is to head at least an hour (usually more like 90 minutes) outside the job centers. No way we were willing to do that. Buying the little 1950's ramblers and tearing them down is a popular option around here, because it's the only way you can get a buildable lot with a reasonable commute.
Oh my goodness! That is crazy! I could walk out the back door and build a house. Lol.