Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I saw your sister at the park yesterday!!!! LOL
Omg hahaha!! I want to meet Merlin, this is so not fair. Was she staring at you while you examined Merlin's stool?

Oh, and yeah, the pedigree research thing. I'm a little obsessed, I would definitely be considered crazy if I told anyone. Considering the puppy isn't born and I am considering two breedings. Dear god it makes pedigree research hard when the father is long dead, phew.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Omg hahaha!! I want to meet Merlin, this is so not fair. Was she staring at you while you examined Merlin's stool?

Oh, and yeah, the pedigree research thing. I'm a little obsessed, I would definitely be considered crazy if I told anyone. Considering the puppy isn't born and I am considering two breedings. Dear god it makes pedigree research hard when the father is long dead, phew.
This too. I don't really talk to anyone about it, although I did talk with the vet about her pedigree when we took her for her very first appointment since the vet complimented her build and her temperament. The majority of dogs around here are either mixed breeds or BYB dogs, so most people would have no idea what I was talking about and none would understand why I'd spend extra money by going to a breeder instead of someone next door.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Lord Cynical

- I feed raw, and have a very large freezer for it. And I drive 7hrs one-way to get it.

- I bought a vehicle specifically for the dogs, and it only seats 2 people now because I have crates in it.

- I have five of them.

- Dog activities take precedence over "normal activities"

- I have tons of internet "dog friends"

- my Facebook image is of Poison. Most of my friends have their dogs as their image too.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Top Dog

Mammoth and I had the same chiropractor.

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

Pretty much everything I do with Henry blows people away, and it's nothing extreme. Kind of sad actually. Few understand the feeding, training, time, and investment I've made in him. Only my parents and my husband really understand my obsession.

Most of the people I know have a dog out in the yard, and that's about it.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Top Dog

You guys have pretty much mentioned everything already:

That Caleb is actualy,gasp trained. People can't get over what he does and doesn't do, and I constantly hear about how their dogs would never do/not do that.

Caleb has over inside 100 toys (haven't counted to outside toys in awhile).

That Caleb has food allergies/sensitivies. I get a lot of "OMG- what do you feed him if he can't have beef and grains?"

He gets sardines and raw eggs once a week.

I make training treats for him.

I give him veggies and fruit.

The area behind the seat of my truck is set up for Caleb (Ford Ranger with extended cab)- memory foam topped with a saddle blanket, a non splash water dish and a couple of chews. And along the training lines there- even tho he's capable, he doesn't jump into the front seat or jump out of the truck when I open the doors.

I groom Caleb myself. I mean, how hard is it to brush, bathe, do ears, nails and paw hair on a Lab? I even thought about clipping my grandmother's Poodle when we had her, but I was nervous about using the clippers.

I look at everything with a "how can I use that for training" mentality. Especially now that we're doing Nosework- I'm always looking at things to put hides in.

ETA- Something else that blows a lot of casual dog owners away- I don't rush to the vet for every little thing. Between having grown up on a farm, working for my vet awhile ago, and reading, I'm able to take care of most things myself. That's not to say Caleb doesn't go in for more than his annuals, just that he doesn't go for every little scrape, bump or bruise. I was the same way with the boys when they were growing up.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Let it be

I am not really an over the top dog person but people give me weird looks I say please before asking my dog to do something.

Bandit, please move.
Bandit, please come here
Please, sit.

etc
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I get weird looks/comments all the time about the number of animals I have.

"Two rats, one hamster, three dogs, soon to be a fourth dog, and a dog and cat that live with my parents." -> makes them go .

Although I've never had four dogs at once before, this is actually the least amount of pets I've had in probably ten years. Especially maintenance wise.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 03-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I am not really an over the top dog person but people give me weird looks I say please before asking my dog to do something.

Bandit, please move.
Bandit, please come here
Please, sit.

etc
LOL I get the funny looks when we're out someplace and I say, "Excuse me" to Caleb when he isn't paying attention.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Professional Nerd

Too many to list.

One that always cracks me up was when I got Stan my coworkers were acting like I was some sort of hoarder. Two dogs are SO MANY