Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
One of my friends was talking with a mutual acquaintance at a party with me, and I mentioned I had to get home and let the dogs out, and he turned to the acquaintance and said, "Her dogs are badass." and then went on to talk about the agility stuff and how accomplished Auggie was. Wait, whaaaat?? He's never even indicated that he thinks the agility stuff is cool before and suddenly he's all "Her dogs are badass!" It was kind of awesome actually LOL. But I think *I* was looking at him like he was crazy. Like "Where is this coming from all of a sudden? Nobody else ever talks about my dogs, let alone says they're badass. WHO ARE YOU?"
Is this guy single? lol

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

"So, when do you guys plan on having kids?" "Oh, we want four dogs." "No, I said kids..." "I heard you. We want four dogs. Plus probably a foster. And then we will have to stagger puppies when they start to get older... especially the ACD and Griffon or Vizsla." "Riiiiight."

The fact that I am planning on having cows, chickens, and ducks on our farm to feed the dogs. And extra cows to work the dogs and horses on.

The fact that Josh kills additional deer, geese, and ducks to feed the dogs and supply my dehydrated wild game treat love.

My grandma paid for my training classes for my birthday. I regularly get gift cards to Amazon, and proceed to buy dog behavior books.

I'm driving to Wyoming for a puppy next year when "you don't need another dog. You have two!" Also, waiting list, wtf is that?! What is health testing?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I always forget about the biggest one.

"You... health test... your pets?!"

Yes sirree I do. Proudly.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Everything has pretty much been mentioned.

Oh, and flying to Florida once a year alone to see someone I know through the internet. Everybody thinks they need to tell me the latest news story about someone travelling alone and going missing. Or getting raped.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

I'm pretty obsessed over Hudson's poop too

I told my co-workers I had no plans of neutering Hudson, at least not for a while, you would have thought I told them that I enjoy torturing puppies.

Feeding something other than Purina or Iams or Pedigree

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Feeding something other than Purina or Iams or Pedigree
Oh, dog food is a big one, too!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Top Dog

Well, there's living with the coydog, but I kind of expected that. I probably would have made a few fascinated comments if Gambit had fallen into someone elses lap.

"You let them sleep on your bed? They'll eat your face off one night."

"You feed them raw meat? They'll eat your face off one night."

"You don't dominate them? They'll eat your face off one night?"

In Gambit's case, I'm far less worried about face eating, and more worried that if I die of natural causes, he'll prop my body in a rocking chair and run around in my underwear. My coworkers call him Normie Bates.

Also theres the poop thing, the fact that Gambit's on antianxiety meds, the fact that I don't care if he socializes with people, and the issue of the regular spankings he recieves. But he loves them, I promise! He's a bit of an odd duck.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

I'm pretty sure most of my friends just gloss over what I say, and I now my family does. They don't understand why I would want a dog to show, or travel to places in order to show. My brother and his family were terrified of Gage when I got him because he is part "rockwilder" and they are mean...this is what I deal with...all hell would break loose if I got an AmStaff or the like, bunch of hicks.

The collars, and the fact that I didn't just grab them from the grocery store. That I order them from Etsy, Paco and other online places.

The fact that I won't even step foot in a place that sells puppies or kittens, let alone buy something from them.

My refusal to shop at the one store in town that has fish because of their practices and am willing to drive to Edmonton, 4.5 hours away, to get some kribensis for my tank is currently making my friends scratch their heads.

That I don't often leave my home in the winter because, what about the dogs? And everywhere we go in the summer we take the holiday trailer because well, the dogs. I even just passed up a trip to Vegas for a month from now because I have no one to take the dogs...and I don't kennel.

But in the end my husband accepts my crazy so that's what matters!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM
orange iguanas.

Raw feeding for sure!

And also that Juno is on Prozac. "Your DOG is on ANTIDEPRESSANTS? What is she depressed about????" Lol.

That I brush their teeth every night.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-29-2013, 01:34 PM
The Monster.

You guys are overestimating casual dog owners a bit. Heck, I get people looking at me like I have a second head when I mention that I brush Cohen several times a week.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog