Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 02-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Dog Spoiler

heres how u do it, hold these suckers down. open their mouth and start brushing. YES they will make a choking sound and hate you forever but if it has to be done than do it! lol

I personally dont brush my dog's teeth. I leave it to those ropes and bones. Its too much of a hassle to hold down Boomer in the bathroom while he squirms like crazy, making my head bob. My head normally ends up hitting the corner of the sink and makes me mad. Boomer opens the door by himself and runs out into the living room with what I consider to be a smile on his face. He runs a few circles than bolts out into the backyard. Just isnt worth it.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredhead (DOG LOVER)
heres how u do it, hold these suckers down. open their mouth and start brushing. YES they will make a choking sound and hate you forever but if it has to be done than do it! lol
um, i hope you aren't serious about that.

it's very simple to get a dog used to having foreign objects put in their mouth (fingers, toothbrushes etc.), make it a rewarding experience, not torture.

if you use the simple principles of operant conditioning, you can even teach a dog to open their mouth on cue, so you can brush their teeth with one hand tied behind your back if necessary.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Love my pets

CJ who is 11 and never had her teeth brushed thinks it's the greatest thing on earth.

Max on the other hand, runs away from you and when you get close enough scrunches his mouth and say "NO". I was able to put a little doggy toothpaste on a towel and try to do it. It worked for a bit. Max wants no part of toothbrushes, etc.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Top Dog

Toki loves getting his tooth brushed. He loves doggy toothpaste. Instead of brushing his teeth it's more like brushing his toungue. hehehe