Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Show Dog

Default Zumba?

So, I just bought the Zumba DVD set. I've been wanting to buy it for a while - I wanted to start off with one disc because I couldn't fathom buying a 5 disc set for $60 if I didn't like it. After like 6 months of searching for only one disc I broke down and bought the 5 disc set. I seriously wasted 6 months of my life by not buying it earlier! This is awesome. I can feel all the areas I'm really concerned about getting a workout.

Anybody else do Zumba? Have you gotten good results?

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 03-26-2013, 05:34 PM
APBT crazy!

I go to zumba class twice a week at my instructor's studio. It's very affordable and I am more fit than I was a year ago when I started. I really love it and have made some good friends along the way.

Classes are so much fun. I have the zumba game for my wii but I find it boring compared to my instructor's class and it is hard to dance on carpet in my living room lol.

I don't have the DVDs either, but yeah I am addicted to it. I suggest you find a class; you will have a lot of fun doing it with others I bet. I do! You can go to http://www.zumba.com and to find a class.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

We have a single Zumba class at my gym, and it's after I've already done a cycling class and an abs class, so I've never gone (it would be 8:30 by the time I got home and my doggies would be so mad at me!) BUT I walk past it most nights when I'm leaving the gym and it looks and sounds so fun, I want to go... I wish they had it another night or time.

I've done some videos with my mom (she took a class at her college and she was like "I can't do it, I'm so bad! Teach me how to do these dances!!") at home and some off YouTube. It's super fun as long as you know what's going on LOL. Otherwise it's kind of like "wait do what with your whatty-what and step huh??" Hahaha sometimes stuff like that makes me feel super uncoordinated. XD

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

Lol they are fun from what I've seen. I've been to a few classes but the huge mirror wall and the other dancers.. It makes me feel so awkward! I really can't dance and the sight of me trying to ruined the experience

a great workout from what I've heard, I know a lot of ladies who love it!

I tend to stick to spinning and martial arts classes.. something that doesn't require a sense of rhythm lol
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 PM
APBT crazy!

I bet they might have other classes, Beanie or instructors. You just enter your zipcode here.
http://www.zumba.com/en-US/parties/search/

I'm super uncoordinated so it took me a long time to get the hang of my instructor's choreography. It's not about perfection as long as you're moving and having fun you're doing it! I still don't have the best coordination but I am doing better than I was. And yes it's a great workout! You can burn 600-1000 calories in one class which is an hour.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
I bet they might have other classes, Beanie or instructors. You just enter your zipcode here.
http://www.zumba.com/en-US/parties/search/
Uh yeah they totally don't LOL. My gym's class schedule is on their website, plastered all over the gym, and routinely reposted on Facebook. I know the class schedules. They have (or had) multiple instructors who are certified but most of them aren't teaching ANYTHING anymore let alone Zumba...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM
APBT crazy!

Oh that's too bad.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

I've never done Zumba, but HOLY CRAP WELCOME BACK YAY!!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
I go to zumba class twice a week at my instructor's studio. It's very affordable and I am more fit than I was a year ago when I started. I really love it and have made some good friends along the way.

Classes are so much fun. I have the zumba game for my wii but I find it boring compared to my instructor's class and it is hard to dance on carpet in my living room lol.

I don't have the DVDs either, but yeah I am addicted to it. I suggest you find a class; you will have a lot of fun doing it with others I bet. I do! You can go to http://www.zumba.com and to find a class.
OH's sister started Zumba & she looks great!

I wish I could do it ... But I am not coordinated & just can't do it, but I know folks who have & it does work.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 AM
APBT crazy!

That's awesome! I love it.

You don't have to be super coordinated to do it. I am not and will never be super coordinated. It's all about practice. As long as you're moving and having fun is what matters. It doesn't have to be perfect. And the zumba people I know my instructor included are not judgmental at all. They're really nice!

There's zumba gold which is for older people and beginner's can take that class too. It's lower impact cardio. I have always just taken the advanced class, never the beginner's. I do want to try zumba toning that my instructor teaches. She is licensed to teach regular zumba, zumba toning, zumba gold, a beginner's class, and zumbatomic which is for kids.

Here's all the types of zumba. Just scroll to the bottom.
http://www.zumba.com/en-US/about/