Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM
such sights to show you

I don't know, but my favorites are FOR THE LOVE OF GOD and I MEAN IT! which both basically mean the same thing. Because honestly, I don't always mean it and they know it.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

SIT

thats it . He is a pet what can I say. He doesn't need fancy commands , his job is to look cute and not knock over the kids.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:08 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Chloe, commands:
Sit, down, stay, come, heel, roll over, settle (play dead), shake, touch (hits my palm with her nose), crawl, boing (she jumps straight up in the air), wait (don't dart in somewhere), okay (release), go potty, go poop, off, up (jump up onto something), move (get out of the way), out (get out of the room)

Chloe, cues:
"Go get that cat!" - she scans the yard for strange cats and if she sees one, chases it
"Watch it!" - she's about ready to clothes line herself on the chain/retractable leash
"Go around" - she's wrapped her chain around something and I want he to go the way I point to untangle herself
"Do you have to go outside?" - pretty obvious what this means
"Go lay down!" - typically when she's in trouble...she finds a spot, lays down, and doesn't move until I'm not mad anymore
"Come on, let's go to bed." - she gets up and runs upstairs to go to bed
"It's a baby!" - even though it is small, I want you to accept it and be gentle (kittens/ferrets/other small pocket pets)
"Where's your toy?" - she runs and grabs a toy

That's off the top of my head for her. God, I miss that dog. Really wish she could live with me.

Cynder, commands/cues: sit, "get!" (get out of the room/away from me), wait (for food), okay (release), move (get out of the way), do you need to go out?

Gracie commands/cues: wait, "get!", "let's get in the cage!" (kennel up), okay, move, do you need to go out?

Cooper commands/cues: wait, "get!", "let's get in the cage!", okay, move, do you need to go out?

All three of them also have name recognition. They have been taught to wait to be released by name to go outside (so all three dogs aren't darting out at once) and they recall to their name and/or a whistle.

Otherwise, they are all hopeless failures that know no real commands or tricks. I've tried. They just have no desire to learn. Gracie just looks at you and shivers, Cooper thinks you're going to kill him and cowers, and Cynder could care less.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Stop that.
Go away.
Two things I wish Crossbone knew...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

A lot. Probably over 50 'tricks' but he knows lots of other commands and phrases etc as well.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Resident fainting goat

I don't know what it is (maybe his age) Merlin is around 6 months and we are BACK TO BASICS. It's like he has half a brain.

I had such grand plans for his training and right now it's really just heavy socialization and basic manners.. his only reliable cues are

- Sit
- Down
- Touch (targeting hand)
- TO THE PENALTY BOX (going to his crate)
- Easy (slow dog/back up/stop pulling on leash)
- Leave it (Leave food alone, stop sniffing that thing)
- POP (his release cue)
- Gentle (take treat nicely)

We are working on shaping his hold.