Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
Never seen pink margarine, so I'd say at least not around here...

What's a burpee?

I never thought of jump rope! That's a great idea!!
Lol I wish I could jump rope but I am waaaaY too clumsy for that.... I can't even ride a bike :/
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
What's a burpee?


Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.


As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009...-build-muscle/

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
frostfell's Avatar
frostfell frostfell is offline
Kung Pow Fish
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 823
Default

zomg you have a red egg i hate you FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U i keep seeing them and then im too slow to grab them D:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post


Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.


As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009...-build-muscle/

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.
As a beginner to "burpees" how many would you recommend I start out with? I run 7/10ths of a mile every other day
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
As a beginner to "burpees" how many would you recommend I start out with? I run 7/10ths of a mile every other day
As many as you can do in 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds, then do as many as you can do in 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds, then do as many as you can do in 30 seconds again.

Basically three reps of as many as you can do in 30 seconds with a 60 second break between them. If that's too easy, next time you do a strength training workout do as many as you can do in 45 seconds.

Alternatively you can stick the 30/45 seconds into a strength training circuit and do three rounds of the circuit.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Samantha's pet's Avatar
Samantha's pet Samantha's pet is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 2,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post


Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.


As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009...-build-muscle/

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.
THIS, just all this!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:40 PM
LauraLeigh's Avatar
LauraLeigh LauraLeigh is offline
Irritate with Caution!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton Ontario
Posts: 3,659
Default

Well I'm convinced! I'm adding some strength training in, just trying to decide where to start..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
zomg you have a red egg i hate you FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U i keep seeing them and then im too slow to grab them D:
I have many many reds (20 at my last count) I breed my own lol.

I also have TWO alternate dark greens (very rare) & over 10 vamps (also very rare)

(SERIOUSLY OT I know but I'm really proud ) here is my scroll link, check it out if you want : http://dragcave.net/user/Norma_Dragoness
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site