Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Back to the actual topic, yes, others are saying it better. I like the BYB look, I suppose. less "extreme" in type. and someone posted a few pics in the other frenchie topic with a black brindle with a little 3" tail, and it was adorable and perfect. so I guess it IS out there, I just need to find it.

i agree about the yorkis and chis and such.... the show style looks like a caricature of a real dog *yech*
Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Are you always deliberately as nasty and hateful as possible?
That's interesting coming from someone who offers items for sale, takes peoples' hard earned money, and then tells them to "go f*** themselves."

Quote:
Only one dog was ever stolen from me
So the other ones just up and "disappeared" then? Probably a good thing Vanyel "disappeared" too or I imagine we'd be cleaning up a whole pile of hung-papered merle Pit mutts since you were so hell bent on breeding them.

Quote:
Iv never owned a wolf hybrid or wanted one, Iv always thought they are a terrible idea as pets
Interesting. Not what was posted by your other personality, Amayon... Good thing Ray shut the other site down so that nobody can see those years worth of your crap, huh? And now you post this to justify getting into yet ANOTHER breed from BYBs and breeding them "your (completely against the standard) way."

Quote:
I breed American Bullies because its a breed I am in love with
You got into the "breed" because you saw dollar signs breeding "rare" tricolor dogs. Same reason you tried to get into breeding "merle Pit Bulls."

Quote:
I've never been scared of Kitty, I trusted people who werent trustworthy, and got some very very bad advice about behavior issues from people who know nothing, and nearly destroyed a beautiful dog with my idiocy, which I have since learned better on. Shes not, and has never been, H/A
Like the advice I gave you when you came to me and told me that you were scared of her when she would behave aggressively toward you, and you knew that her sire had produced several other dogs with bad temperaments? "Behavioral issues" that were severe enough that you almost euthanized her, is that what we're calling it now that you bred her?

Quote:
Any more blatant ****ing ignorance I can dispel for you, viper?
Well, I guess while we're at it I may as well ask why you're misleading people into believing you breed health tested dogs...
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Other than Poms, in which I tend to like the bigger "pet bred" ones, I like the show or working bred dogs in every breed. If I were to ever get a Pom, it would either be from a rescue, to get the bigger size, or I would get a German Spitz Klein. The "pet bred" Poms look just like German Spitz Klein (realistically they were developed together, originally separated by size), but there are breeders who health test in GSKs.

Anyways, my suggestion to the OP would be to get a rescue. If you like the "BYB style" of Frenchies so much, find one that is right for you in rescue. Just because you prefer the looks of BYB dogs doesn't mean that it is a responsible or ethical choice to support that type of breeding.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Jelly baby?

I would like to add that I'd never actually BUY a dog from a BYB. If I wanted a BYB type, it would be a rescue, like Gavroche and Tango were (neither of them came FROM a rescue, but they themselves were rescues...Tango was minutes from death).

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post

Anyways, my suggestion to the OP would be to get a rescue. If you like the "BYB style" of Frenchies so much, find one that is right for you in rescue. Just because you prefer the looks of BYB dogs doesn't mean that it is a responsible or ethical choice to support that type of breeding.
This would be my point exactly with the understanding that a BYB is unethical.

Just because a dog looks like your ideal it doesn't make it right to breed "just for looks". If there are other aspects of the breeding which are ideal I would feel totally comfortable buying (Backup isn't perfect to standard but he's a phenomenal working/sporting dog) away from the standard but breeding for looks, whether standard or not, is far from breeding for the whole dog.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Kung Pow Fish

rescue is an option, certainly, but with health and temperament being high priority to me as well, ideally id like to buy from a breeder with known history. i never said i was going to buy from a byb, god forbid, im simply hoping to find a less extreme *style* bred by someone who is a good breeder, just not a *show* breeder. its out there in other breeds-- why not this one? *shrug*
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm All Ears

Why not a show breeder?

I'm not that familiar with frenchies but I know people in papillons that show but also have less extreme dogs. Several of the agility folk have really nice balance IMO. One I am thinking of has some top agility dogs who are also all breed champions. Nice size on them and nice head type that is more moderate than most but still breed appropriate. Nice structure too. I'd kill for a dog from her one day.

I would think there would be non byb options out there.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
The Monster.

One of the stumbling blocks this conversation is running into is lumping breeders into the categories of "show" vs "BYB". (Not everyone is doing this, of course.) There are plenty of wonderful breeders out there breeding for something that isn't the show ring -- work, sport, etc. It can get a bit trickier with the companion breeds who aren't exactly made to do much to start with, but you can still find quality breeders who are health testing, are intimately familiar with their lines, take responsibility for what they've bred and have their dogs evaluated for quality by an impartial third party.

It's fine to not care for the aesthetic, temperament, whatever, that show dogs are being bred for these days. It's silly to cease holding a breeder up to any sort of standard in an attempt to avoid perceived issues with the show ring. For instance, I know of several flyball-bred Chihuhuas [they look a lot like Mega who was a pet store puppy/rescue] and a Boston or two. I'm sure there's loads more if you know where to look.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 03-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Take the pissing war to private messages or simply off the forum. That's directed at BOTH of you. Use the ignore feature or simply practice ignoring someone.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
rescue is an option, certainly, but with health and temperament being high priority to me as well, ideally id like to buy from a breeder with known history. i never said i was going to buy from a byb, god forbid, im simply hoping to find a less extreme *style* bred by someone who is a good breeder, just not a *show* breeder. its out there in other breeds-- why not this one? *shrug*
My concern would be that since Frenchies do not have a "job" persay, there won't be "working" breeders. I honestly would be surprised if there were Frenchie breeders out there who had structurally sound dogs with good temperaments who were health tested and not shown. However, my guess is that there are some people who breed for slightly less extreme features- but finding one with a tail? That is where I go... "what?"

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?