Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Default Westminster Chat

For anyone that is watching Westminster tonight and would like to chat with some other cool dog people... I have made a chat room via Chatzy (no registration or installation) at http://us10.chatzy.com/14280170574434 .

Hope everyone enjoys the show!

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

I was out all day and missed it! Could someone provide a link to the livestream and the judging schedule? That would be AWESOME.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I was out all day and missed it! Could someone provide a link to the livestream and the judging schedule? That would be AWESOME.
Well, group judging doesn't start for another 5 minutes!

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm All Ears

I watched the pyr shep breed stream. Was kinda annoyed that pyrsheps and papillons were showing at the same time. :/
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I heard from a couple Ibizan people that some of the judges haven't been paying 100% attention to every dog in the rings. They mentioned a dog and handler would go to do the walking part (not sure what they call that) and the judge would already be looking at the next dog instead of paying full attention to the other dog still. If that's true that would really **** me off if I was an owner/handler. People pay a lot of money to go to these shows, i.e fuel, hotel, food etc.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I watched the pyr shep breed stream. Was kinda annoyed that pyrsheps and papillons were showing at the same time. :/
I watched the PyrShep stream after the fact -- were all the dogs docked? I was surpised to see what looked like a couple smooth faces amongst them but then couldn't find a tail anywhere.

Granted I think 9 of the 10 dogs were from the same breeder

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Wait, are you inferring there are politics picking winners at a dog show!?

:P

I like the Malinois judge judging in heels, it felt so wrong for a working dog. Flat feet, straight fronts, flappy gaits, a couple had disconcertingly low tails and I even saw one tip tuck. I'm clearly bias for a working dog but a few were very nice, I liked the heads and rears, and a couple had great substance, the winning bitch has a herding title, I read on FB. None have bite sports but several had AKC sports which made me happy.

I haven't seen anything else.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I heard from a couple Ibizan people that some of the judges haven't been paying 100% attention to every dog in the rings. They mentioned a dog and handler would go to do the walking part (not sure what they call that) and the judge would already be looking at the next dog instead of paying full attention to the other dog still. If that's true that would really **** me off if I was an owner/handler. People pay a lot of money to go to these shows, i.e fuel, hotel, food etc.
LOL, that's pretty standard Judges have about.. 2min. or less per dog, most take even less time. So you best be ready to go once the judge gets to you. When gaiting, they pay full attention on the down & back, but when they tell you to go around, most only watch for 10 strides or so.. very rarely do they watch you the entire time. Just the way it goes.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Wait, are you inferring there are politics picking winners at a dog show!?

:P

I like the Malinois judge judging in heels, it felt so wrong for a working dog. Flat feet, straight fronts, flappy gaits, a couple had disconcertingly low tails and I even saw one tip tuck. I'm clearly bias for a working dog but a few were very nice, I liked the heads and rears, and a couple had great substance, the winning bitch has a herding title, I read on FB. None have bite sports but several had AKC sports which made me happy.

I haven't seen anything else.
Well the breed is supposed to have a low tail set Or do you mean they were tucking their tails?

The BOB Mal has a PT, as does her dam who is also a GrCH. Her sire is a CH MX MXJ. One of the two Selects has a HSAsc, his sire is CH CDX TD RN OA NAJ and his dam has a CH and CD. One of the Select Tervs is out of bitch who is a CH MACH3 CDX. "Just" being a MACH3 wasn't quite enough

I'd love to watch the Belgians in breed judging, was nice to see some more variety entered in Mals. A good friend of mine took her Groen boy and while they didn't get anything I'd like to watch. And I want to see the PyrSheps too. But the site seems really glichy :/ Maybe later, I guess.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I said low and tip tucked. I have a dog who doesn't enjoy being touched, I still don't like seeing a tucked tail nor a low unsure tail. I'm not convinced some of those were merely correct tail settings, I've read the standard and my statement was based on temperament not structure. Like I said, some were nice looking dogs but some disappointed me, it's not an unfair critique, I'm sure they would slaughter my gay tailed donkey eared werkin dawgs.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.