Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-21-2013, 03:32 PM
<3 my soldier

Default Shakespeare

Shakespeare is gone. I have no words to express how heart broken I am. Mommy misses you and loves you so much. Sweet dreams my little man.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh no I am so, so sorry (((hugs)))

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

I just saw this on FB. My heart is broken for you. He was my most favourite ferrety guy.

Sleep well Shakes.

My Photos
Old 03-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

I'm so, so sorry.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I'm so sorry. RIP Shakespeare.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Love my pets

My heart goes out to you; I'm so sorry.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
<3 my soldier

Thanks guys. I will post a memorial when I get back from this weekend. I made him a little shadow box and we buried him in the front garden right under my (his) window. I miss him so much and I still can't believe it. He lived a great life and we were so lucky to have each other.

I came home from my research meeting in Alabama around 12 and ate lunch. I went to let him out and couldn't really tell anything was wrong....then he pooped in the middle of my floor (which never happens). So I stuck him back in his cage until after I cleaned it up and gave him some chicken baby food (his favorite) while I cleaned. I went to check on him to see if he finished his treat and he was laying in a puddle of urine....... Then I knew something was wrong. I took him to the bathtub to wash him off and wrapped him up in a towel and laid down on the bed with him for about 10 minutes. I REALLY knew something was wrong when he didn't fight his way out of the towel to run off and scamper around the room. I laid him back down in his cage and he didn't move. I called my dad in tears and told him I was taking him to the vet. I called the vet immediately after and the receptionist said the vet closed at 2.....It was 1:30 when I called and she said to bring him up immediately. I went up and they took him back immediately. The vet tech took him and took him to the back to give him oxygen about a minute after that the vet came back in with Shakes wrapped in a towel with a devastated face. I broke down immediately. He said Shakes had a tumor on his spleen and there wasn't anything we could do. He said surgery was really unsuccessful and if it was successful he would only get another 2-3 weeks. It wasn't worth it, he was too old and too weak for any kind of surgery. So we decided to let him pass peacefully. It's so hard because it was so sudden, he was playing and romping around on Tuesday and by Thursday he was gone. My dad met me up at the vet and I left. I couldn't bare it... He took Shakes from me, went to the back and I went home. Dad came home a little while later and dug a hole in the front for me and I placed him in and told him I will love him forever.

I still can't believe he is gone... It is so lonely with out him.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Little dog, big voice

I'm so sorry for your unexpected, horrible loss.

I've never owned a ferret but I can relate to the pain of losing someone you loved so unexpectedly. My first horse died back on November 21, of a suspected guttural pouch infection and after seven hours on IV fluids, she never showed any symptoms, which the vet said was typical of the infection. The night before was her first night back in the arena after a leg injury and she was her happy go lucky self as she trotted around the ring. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now, because I still shed tears for Indie.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:40 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm so, so sorry. (((hugs)))) Shakes was an awesome fert. I can't even imagine had I lost any of mine that quickly. They were hard enough as it was, and I had time to come to mostly accept it before I had to make the decision.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm so, so sorry... RIP Shakespere.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)