Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

Currently that I am not having a houseful of dogs again or all being old at the same time again. I am telling myself that Byron and gizmo will pass and we will be happy with blitz alone for a while but just saying that I am doubtfull.

A lot of dogs that we have had have ended up here on there own or it was just kinda meant to be so I can't say I would turn the right dog down.

And what's my home without fur????

I make enough cost isn't an issue. We made it so our house prequalifiquation and bills was off one salary. Time is more the issue. And currently stress with old dogs I don't want to die

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Ball Thrower

I consider what pretty much what everyone else has said, time, money, living situation, current pets, goals/training, but I also consider what I like about my current dog and what I dislike.

Right now I'm narrowing down and eliminating breeds in consideration of getting another dog in 3-5 years (depending on how my living/work situation works out). I know I want a short-haired, bigger dog for my next, but I want a dog similar in personality to my current dog. A bit more confident, but still eager to please, smart and easily trainable. I'm sort of leaning towards a vizsla, but I'm not sure, yet and probably won't be until I know for sure what my future work/living situation will be at that time.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

I live alone, so it's all up to me. The decision is based on space/time/money, and getting along with my current dogs.

I'm down to 2 at this time, and since I had 3 for years, I'd really like to get another. Even though when I had 3, I always thought 2 would be a better number. But, I am still dealing with a mountain of debt from the veterinary expenses of my recently deceased dog, and will be for probably another 4 years, so I don't think I can get another dog before then. I do like to participate in sports with my dogs, and that is expensive, so another dog would mean more entry fees I can't afford, plus a higher chance of more unaffordable vet bills.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Top Dog

Personally we consider everything. Time, training,money, what we want to do with thepuppy, why we want the puppy. We actually sit down and make pro con lists to help decide if the timing would be right ect. Our whole family is in on the decision and if its a breed we don't have experience with then we research together and set it up to go meet the breed in person. Our exception was beezers Courtney was the first we ever met, but we did our research first
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

What kind of hunting I plan to do with them.