Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Crate Setups

So how do you have your crates set up and where?

Josh and I just reorganized our room today and it's frustrating because crates were taking up the majority of the room. We can't keep the dogs crated anywhere other than our room though so we improvised and stacked Cricket and Bamm's crates.

Here's our setups... sorry for crappy camera phone quality. The lighting in this room is TERRIBLE btw and most photos turn out a dingy orange color usually.

Here's Bamm and Cricket next to our desktop computer. I put the sheet over the one side to give them both a little more privacy especially since Cricket is higher up now than usual. Luckily she has plenty of experience being in crates that are on a higher level from being at my work all the time.

Joey has a blanket that covers his ENTIRE crate. This crate looks small in this photo. It's a pretty big crate though. He has to be completely covered because he is a crate whiner and while covering him doesn't eliminate whining altogether, it definitely helps. He has been trying to pull parts of the blanket into his crate lately though... brat.

And here's Whiskey's crate... yup... my cat has a crate. He is only stuck in it when I'm at work and can't be here to supervise. That was the agreement between us and the landlord and he actually spends time in it even when we are home and the door is open for him to come out. It has 4 levels altogether. Oh and disregard all the crap on top. Still reorganizing this room and have no clue where I want to put everything else just yet. BTW.... can you spot the Whiskey in this pic?

I have two more larger crates, but I keep them at my work just in case I need them at all. One fits just Joey and the other one is big enough that I can crate Bamm and Cricket together since Bamm does much better at my work if he can be with her. Also have a smaller wire crate that I hold onto in case I need it in my car or for any other reason. It was Cricket's puppy crate and she still fits in it though it's not something I'd want her in for longer periods of time.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Top Dog

Aesop's is in the kitchen. Goose and Nog's are in our bedroom, although we're about to take Goose's down permanently. She hasn't technically needed it since she was a few months old, she just has the habit of eating in there. It takes up too much room to have up for funsies, though.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Obey the Toad.

We only crate Jack. Sally is loose in the bedroom and Jack is crated in the bedroom. We do crate Sally when we take Jack somewhere and leave her home because for whatever reason she prefers it that way.

We have it set up in the corner of the bedroom with the side up against the french door in our bedroom. They open out into our sun room where the birds are, and we can't seem to find a way to keep Sally from opening them short of putting the crate against them. We don't cover it because when Jack was young he used to pull covers into the crate and chew on it, and he hasn't seemed to miss having a cover so we've never put one back on. He also has a very durable Orvis dog bed in the crate. Both he and Sally will occasionally go in there to sleep.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Aesop's is in the kitchen. Goose and Nog's are in our bedroom, although we're about to take Goose's down permanently. She hasn't technically needed it since she was a few months old, she just has the habit of eating in there. It takes up too much room to have up for funsies, though.
Bamm can technically be left out. He doesn't get into anything he shouldn't, but alas he loves his crate and will spend the entire time in his crate anyways. Silly dog.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 PM
such sights to show you

Squash is still crated when we aren't home and has a wire crate downstairs in the living room. Squash and Maisy sleep in soft/travel crates in our bedroom. Our bedroom is pretty tiny but we don't really hang out up there so it doesn't matter. They do sit in front of the closet, which is why we use the soft crates to make it easy just to move them out of the way.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Bamm can technically be left out. He doesn't get into anything he shouldn't, but alas he loves his crate and will spend the entire time in his crate anyways. Silly dog.
When we're gone, she's either in our hall or loose (depending on how many kid toys are scattered about). she's only been in the crate at night, as we feed them right before bed. Nog could technically be in the hall when we're gone, but he's decided that no gate can hold him, and he's a rummager.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Resident fainting goat

It's a work in progress lol but the crate cover is new it's MollyMutt

Most of the stuff in the cubes is his, his bowties are hung up in front (since he wears them most everyday) with harnesses, leashes, booties etc.. inside.

His treats are below them (the pretty painted treat box contains everyday treats, plastic container next to it is crate treats). You can't see but inside that is a small container with musher's secret, poop bags etc..
Behind the pretty box is another box with his grooming stuff

My schoolbooks are on the lower left.. woops lol

The large bin on the heater contains all his special training treats/mostly crate treats (bullies, scapulas, tracheas, etc..)

and his toy box is on the ground. I don't know why I am attached to that crummy cardboard box. I made it in haste right before I got him..cut it up, decorated it lol so it's kind of stuck around.

His water dish is kennel gear (and it's the same pretty sky blue as the cover )

Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 PM
orange iguanas.

No crates here! Thank God. My bedroom is the only place it can go and it took up waaayyy too much space. I used it as a table lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Resident fainting goat

Maybe it's living in a studio.. but I can't imagine NOT having a crate for him.

Love the little guy with all my heart but sometimes I just need somewhere where he is comfortable to just..stick him lol
Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Taxiderpy

Everybody here graduated from crates. When I get my own place I do plan to get a couple of giant noz2noz soft crates, just for coziness sake.

I love Whisky's crate. If my ex never wants his cat back, that could be a really good alternative to making her live outside all the time. If she decides not to meow really loud all the time that is.