Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
The pill and condoms.

Frodo and I take our pills at the same time. One night I even wrapped my pill in bologna and nearly fed it to him At the last minute I was like...this feels wrong...ABORT ABORT! I got to take a bologna flavored bc pill that night
I laughed so hard at this!!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwcorgi View Post
the pill and condoms.

Frodo and i take our pills at the same time. One night i even wrapped my pill in bologna and nearly fed it to him At the last minute i was like...this feels wrong...abort abort! I got to take a bologna flavored bc pill that night
HAHAHAHA

lowercase
Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
This. I didn't take the pill for 2 years. Condoms were all we used. No kiddies yet - and we never had a problem with them breaking.
Same here, I have been in a 4 + year relationship & after the first year (once I lost my health insurance, that & I have never found a pill that agrees with me :/. I might try the injection or the implant.

Those who couldn't handle the pill (I had no libido, was bloated, & bled almost constantly) is the shot or the implant better? Would it work for me? Could I go to PP for it (thats the only place I could afford :/)
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

I used the pill for years, but I had bad headaches when I got my period. Right now I just use condoms. I may end up going with Depo or an IUD but I'm a little afraid because it's not like you can just...stop taking it if there is a bad reaction. I've also heard depo and IUD horror stories of oops babies.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

For anyone who was wondering. Taken from my health clinic on campus - sorry it's a bit fuzzy.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Planned Parenthood's chart, as well:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...hart-22710.htm

And condom versus withdrawal:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...ndom-10187.htm
Failure rate of 2% if used correctly every time, 18% if not used correctly every time.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...ethod-4218.htm
Failure rate of 4% if used correctly every time, 27% if not used correctly every time.

PP also does not agree that it's a myth you can become pregnant from pre-ejaculate.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
What kind of condoms are you using? I would make sure, since they are your only form of protection, to go for a quality brand. I have had big problems with "free"/cheaper condoms before glow in the dark? NEVER AGAIN! LOL

Use them correctly and you should be fine.. but ALSO you might want to head to your local CVS or planned parenthood and get the morning after pill and have it on hand, I have two always ready and if anything seems "off" (condom may have torn or slipped etc..) I pop one as soon as possible.

The side effects will be much like a period for most (mild cramping, etc..) but it's certainly better than the alternative and the worry lol

Also
- Spermicidal lube
- Pulling out
- There is a great app called "my days" or something for the iphone and it lets me know (by tracking when I had my period) what days I am especially fertile. I am extra careful on those days.
The glow in the dark and other "fun" ones all have a warning that they aren't to be used as BC

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Well we use none so I can't advise you lol

And I'm not pregnant, so either we are infertile or we are doing something right!

There's a lot to be said about a guy with self control.

*disclaimer - this is not good birth control and I don't recommend it. We aren't trying for kids, but we also wouldn't be devastated if it happened. We are both adults, financially secure and old enough to cope! And talk about having them in the next....... Well, that bits debated.
This, verbatim... it's worked for like 4 years thus far, lol. It may have a lot to do with my juvenile diabetes + irregular cycles as well... I don't know.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Yaz (estrogen) made me insane. Very hormonal, a lot of PMS, but regular cycles.

I'm on Implanon now. It's an implant, but it goes in your arm. So if you are squeamish about something being shoved up your cervix(I definitely am), this might be more up your alley. It's progesterone, the same as Depo. I have no periods, but still have regular PMS symptoms. Much more level emotionally than I was on Yaz. Active for 2-3 years, then you either get off of it or have it replaced. Very expensive if you don't have insurance, though.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Well we use none so I can't advise you lol

And I'm not pregnant, so either we are infertile or we are doing something right!

There's a lot to be said about a guy with self control.

*disclaimer - this is not good birth control and I don't recommend it. We aren't trying for kids, but we also wouldn't be devastated if it happened. We are both adults, financially secure and old enough to cope! And talk about having them in the next....... Well, that bits debated.
This. As of right now we aren't using any. Condoms really irritate me since I'm sensitive to everything down in that department. Don't do pills because every kind I've tried has made me sick. Haven't really tried other alternatives. Occasionally we do the withdrawal method, but even that is rarely. I personally think one of us might have some fertility issues and we may need medical help if we aren't pregnant within the next few years. So... We aren't exactly trying for kids, but I can't say we are exactly preventing either.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle