Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I also cry when I'm really angry. Most. annoying. thing. EVER.

I don't typically cry easily, but I do get a little misty-eyed over commercials. Certain ones get me every time. (Budweiser Superbowl commercials pretty much EVERY YEAR YOU JERKS.) And if it's a good one just describing it or hearing somebody else describe it gets me all teared up.

I might cry over a book or a movie... a movie will get me to happy-cry where a book won't. I'll only cry over sad parts in books. Dunno why. It doesn't happen that often either, it has to be something pretty catastrophic for me to cry while reading a book (hello Marley & Me. Or every time I re-read Goblet of Fire.) Usually I'm feeling vulnerable about something else and the book will hit me particularly hard, and that's when I cry. The Shopaholic book with her sister, I cried and cried and CRIED while reading that, because it was when my sister and I weren't speaking to each other. So I wasn't really crying over the book. I just happened to be reading the book at the time. =P

Also I still cannot watch Auggie's retirement video without crying. I just... can't. Maybe I should have used a less emotional song LOL. Because as soon as I hear those first notes and then I see the pictures of my baby Auggie start coming on screen AAAUGH CAN'T EVEN TYPE IT

So yeah, typically I am more a tearer-upper than an all out cryer, haha.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Behavior Nerd

I cry when I get angry or frustrated. The frustration crying is the worst since it's usually when it's important I look put together.

I do occasionally cry during sad/touching parts of tv shows, just generally tear up if it's a book, though.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

I cry when I'm angry and when I melt down.

I also cry over my animals SUPER easy. I cried for 3 hours when my vet wouldn't believe me that Gavroche's thyroid meds were NOT working. And of course, I was right, and they were later recalled. And yes, I STILL bring it up when my vet doubts me. I KNOW MY DOGS, DAMMIT!

And then...Doctor Who. I cry so freaking easy for Doctor Who (Classic and Reboot)/Torchwood/Sarah Jane Adventures, and anything related to it. It's never, ever been this way with books/TV/movies. Ever. Only in the past year that I've started watching Doctor Who. And I still cry every time I re-watch them. Sometimes it's just tearing up, other time it's flat-out sobbing. Like when Adric died and there was nothing the Doctor could do to save him. All the feels. I cried for an hour after Torchwood: Children of Earth, Day 3. Then started again as soon as I started Day 4. And then pretty much cried the entire rest of the series (last part is Day 5). Everyone should watch it.

Last edited by Saeleofu; 03-19-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Sport Model Pug

When I get frustrated. Especially dog stuff or job stuff.

I have trouble figuring out the "how" to get to what I want and when I really really have no idea because option a and option b both aren't getting me there I get frustrated. Tonight there were tears at agility and I tried to fight it but my instructor knows me too well and I can't hide much from her.

Also anything to do with Izzie. When she started limping out of her crate at that trial? Oh god. Waterworks.

School talk. I'm in such a bad mindset when it comes to school that anyone even mentioning it sends me bawling. My mum has started introducing me as her "little university drop out" right in front of me and when she did it at the grocery store I had some moisture happening in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Twin 2

Yeah, pretty easily. I just made the mistake of clicking on one of Fran's commercials.

I mean, I don't out and out bawl usually. That's reserved for the saddest movies and books, but I tear up pretty easily. Probably once a day at least while reading something.

I remember years ago I was reading this story and the whole thing was about this main character being sick and running out time and the whole time I was reading it I'm like:

"No one writes an entire story that is loved by many and have the main character die at the end. Who would do that? I'm excited to see how they pull this off......ok, cutting it kinda close guys....it's not funny anymore...

....."

I cried in the shower all night. It bothered me for days and to this day I can't really think about it.

That was when I discovered I cry easily, get emotionally involved easily, and if I'm going to end up crying there better freaking be a happy ending at the end of whatever I'm reading or watching because I much prefer the "That was so great and what a ride and I'm so happy I'm going to cry" tears. And if there isn't I need a disclaimer so I can avoid it completely.

But, I pretty much refuse to cry in front of other people so that can be interesting. When my boss told me I couldn't wear my VFF's to work I was on the verge of tears the rest of the night. Honestly probably should have just started crying, he would have let me wear them then.

And yes, angry tears are the worst.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Mmm... I don't cry often. I'm trying to think about it and I definitely tear up and feel deeply but, yeah, I internalize mostly and full on crying is rare.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegan View Post
I cry basically every time I experience emotion. It's faulty programming.
Yeah I really should have just said this.

Add me to the list of those that cries if someone raises their voice or if I feel stupid about something. I don't take criticism well even if it's from the friendliest person and said in the friendliest manner. Lol for some reason I remember one time at my old job, I had drawn up a vaccine apparently before I was supposed to... and the vet came out of the exam room, looked at it and goes "and this is why we wait to draw up vaccines" because the owner had changed their mind and didn't want it. I had to go busy myself with something else because I was starting to feel sad and incompetent and the tears were on their way

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
- Anytime someone yells at me, anytime I'm angry? Tears. Immediate. Which is frustrating when you are angry and trying to make a point.

This. So much this. It's really annoying haha. Angry tears really are the worst, and I hate that I get all teary eyed if someone's mad at me and I want to stand up to them... because then it just seems ridiculous to do so when my eyes have already betrayed me. And even if its just criticism given pretty nicely, I feel stupid or embarrassed and my eyes will tear up.

But otherwise, I don't cry that easily I don't think. Books can make me cry, movies not very often though.

Lately I've cried a lot just because I've felt so much stress and have been feeling really overwhelmed and I think my body's just exhausted and doesn't know what else to do. But that's not normal for me.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I cry all the time. Sad, happy, mad, frustrated, anxious, whatever. I cry.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I also cry when I'm really angry. Most. annoying. thing. EVER.

I don't typically cry easily, but I do get a little misty-eyed over commercials. Certain ones get me every time. (Budweiser Superbowl commercials pretty much EVERY YEAR YOU JERKS.) And if it's a good one just describing it or hearing somebody else describe it gets me all teared up.

I might cry over a book or a movie... a movie will get me to happy-cry where a book won't. I'll only cry over sad parts in books. Dunno why. It doesn't happen that often either, it has to be something pretty catastrophic for me to cry while reading a book (hello Marley & Me. Or every time I re-read Goblet of Fire.) Usually I'm feeling vulnerable about something else and the book will hit me particularly hard, and that's when I cry. The Shopaholic book with her sister, I cried and cried and CRIED while reading that, because it was when my sister and I weren't speaking to each other. So I wasn't really crying over the book. I just happened to be reading the book at the time. =P

Also I still cannot watch Auggie's retirement video without crying. I just... can't. Maybe I should have used a less emotional song LOL. Because as soon as I hear those first notes and then I see the pictures of my baby Auggie start coming on screen AAAUGH CAN'T EVEN TYPE IT

So yeah, typically I am more a tearer-upper than an all out cryer, haha.
^ I'm pretty much exactly like this.

I only flat-out cry when I'm angry or EXTREMELY frustrated. I don't cry when I'm sad, really.

But I tear up at the drop of a HAT. Especially during movies or moving speeches. I lose it before anyone else in the room. :P

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014