Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Shamoo is the only one crated anymore and its in the guest room. Now Sloan is loose in the house, Backup is closed in the guest room with Shamoos crate, and Arnold is on a tie down attached to the bedframe in the master bedroom.

We stopped crating purely due to a lack of space, our crates are massive and our house is much smaller now. We have a few smaller crates for travel but I can't leave my dogs in them long term and not feel guilty.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Lord Cynical

Our crates are mostly in the basement. From left to right... Talla, Jayne, Poison, Kaylee, Revy.

However, I rarely crate anyone except Poison and Revy, and they have wire crates upstairs in my dining room. Poison can't have a covered crate or else she'll whine, which is the opposite of all the other dobes I've had. I'd love to just get rid of the dining room table and have a wall of crates in that room, but I think my parents would pitch a fit when they come to visit!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Kailey's crate is nestled right in between my bed and the wall. The way my room is arranged, it looks really claustrophobia-inducing, but that's the way she likes it. Plus, I don't have room for much else.
Schaffer's crate is down in the basement. That's the drawback to such a huge dog; not many practical options for crate locations. At least not in our house.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

I keep a spare crate set up for when Bailey visits, Rascal has a giant dog crate for feeding and/or when I'm trying to cook without help.

So, the only crate set up COULD house Buzz, but he doesn't ever need to be in one.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Behavior Nerd

We have 3 varikennels lined up side-by-side in our guest/dog room. Z and Snipe are still crated during the day for various reasons.

When we were more limited on space, this is the setup we had for a little while:

The blue and tan crates were 36"s, the other one was a 42". The bottom crates had no doors since they were just places for the dogs to crash or eat, top crate had a door for any dogs who needed to be confined. Wire pen was for the cat - now he has a whole room!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

The only 2 that get crated here are Sierra and Quinn. His crate is in my bedroom and Sierras is in the living room. She sleeps with my oldest son at night and goes in the crate when I go out somewhere
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm All Ears

My crates live in the car. I pretty much use them for classes and that's about it. My dogs have two x-pens tied together in the spare bedroom of my house. It's set up so that it's partially under my desk. They are together since Summer has SA if they're not. They have three beds, a potty pad, water dish, and a toy box in there. It pretty much takes up the whole room. When I move I plan on having a dog room. Papillon's x-pen on one side. Nextdog will get an indoor run on the other side.

Summer could be loose in the house fine, but Mia can't at all. She is too bad. And the dogs like their pen.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Silence, peasants.

Wesley's crate is in my sister's room, between her bookshelf and the wall, with all his stuff on top of it. He's quite good in his crate and doesn't mind being in there without a cover, he only whines if people get home and forget to let him out.

Futurepuppy's crate is in my closet right now. If she's obnoxious and loud, it might stay there lol. Nah, that'll probably go near my bed until she likes it, and we'll go from there.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Heh.

Well....

Frodo's one and only crate is tucked between the computer and the sofa. He is never locked in it when we leave, but will willingly go in there and sleep on his own.

Siri has....

-An xpen in the living room for when I'm busy and not watching her.
-A large time-out crate since she would like to be in bootcamp for the rest of her life, or something.
-Her little bedtime crate which is in our bedroom at night and gets moved to the living room when I leave for work. She stays in this when I go to work.
-A crate in my car.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Original Twin

Saga and Nico's crates are in my bedroom because it is the largest room in my apartment. My living room is long, but narrow. My whole apartment is laid out weird anyways. It is kind of laid out in a circle. My bedroom is off of the kitchen AND living room. The dogs often run the circle chasing each other. The bathroom is off the bedroom, so I have three doorways, a dresser, a full size bed, a vanity and two large dog crates (Nico's is a 42 inch wire and Saga's is a 42ish inch plastic) and it's STILL not crowded... Once laundry day rolls around, I'll take pictures.