Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I attended preschool, then kindergarten.

From 1st to 3rd grade, I went to a public elementary school.

From 4th to 8th grade, I was home schooled.

From 9th to 12th (or really 11th, as I graduated a year early) I attended a private Christian school.

I am now finishing up my B.S. degree in Animal Sciences and a minor in English at Purdue University. Will graduate in May. May take some more classes to get my associates so I can become a registered vet tech, but I'm trying to decide if I really need to do that at this point to get the job/pay I want, since I have in hospital training.

If I am able, I am really, really hoping to send any future children off to a private Christian school.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 03-15-2013, 10:46 PM
orange iguanas.

I attended preschool for just 1 year, I think.
Public school k-12.
Private college.

I have no clue what I would do with my kids. Guess it depends where I am and what the schools are like at the time. I think I turned out okay lol in my public school district, but it's turning pretty freaking ghetto, so if I stay in this area I wouldn't want my kids going to the same schools I went to. Private school sounds appealing to me but a good public school district is fine, too.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Top Dog

I went to preschool for 1 year, public school k-12. Pre-Ib grades 9-10 and IB grades 11-12, got my high school diploma and IB diploma, and got 30ish college credits from IB. State university for 4 years, then a BA in psych and a minor in biology, then a year in the same state university trying to figure out what I was doing. Now I'm in a private university doing Zoo Science and will graduate in December. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to go to grad school or not.

I don't plan to have kids, but I train my dogs
Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Top Dog

private kindergarten and first grade, public from 2-12.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Kung Pow Fish

all public schools, gigantic monstrosities with 60 kids to a class and teachers that couldnt be arsed. goofed off from 5th grade onwards, skipped most classes, spent my days at the local public library reading. dropped out completely in 8th grade and got my GED with flying colors

i keep debating going to college for some basic vet tech courses which would help me be a better breeder, but eh.... seems like so much money for something i can learn from other breeders, to be honest :/ *shrug*
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

In California:

Preschool.

Then public elementary school from K-6th grade.

Public junior high for 7-8

Public high school 9th grade

In New Mexico:
Public High School 10-12

In Virginia:
Community college for one year

With my own future kids I am not 100% sure. I am leaning more towards home schooling honestly.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
What sort of education did you have? Did you attend public school, private (was it religious?) school, or were you homeschooled? Did anyone go to boarding school?

Did you attend preschool/pre-k?

College? Private, public? Tech school?

What sort of schooling do/did your children receive, or do you plan on giving your children?
Public school.

Yes, pre-school at 3 and 4. Kindergarten at 5 through High School, graduated at 17.

College at Michigan State University for 2 years, 4 years at Grand Valley State University. Changed my major 5 times, had a job 2 months before I graduated in my field, now I don't work in my field and I make more money. Figures.

We are still debating what FutureKids will have for education. Leaning towards private because around here, it's better. I was a very bright, bored youngster and got into some trouble because I didn't have to study or work for my grades. Jason is even smarter than I am but without my..."mean" streak so if FutureKids get blessed with his smarts and my bad attitude...LOL

ETA: I was dual-enrolled in a program for community college while I was still in HS. I was a semester and a half ahead of my graduating class when I started college....not that that helped me finish faster haha
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

I went to preschool at high school, lol. (The high school offered a child development course where the students were the assistants in class).

Public school K-12
Public university for my BS
Private university for my masters

I am a firm believer in public schooling. It's partly why I chose to become a public school teacher. Any future kids will attend public school.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
~Lisa~

I went to pre school.

then a few public elementary schools (5 thanks to moving so much as a kid.)

then public high school.

And thats where my education stopped lol.

Lucky i dont need school for what I currently do. Although I am looking in to some classes. More for fun and as a back up plan
Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

I went to a private school for a year in London in elementary. Then a year of hoarding school in grade 2, then I did the rest of the years in public school. After that I'm in university. After university for my undergrad I'm going to do my masters. Then after that possibly a PhD but that's undecided at this point.

Our family encourages us to do at least a undergraduate degree.

Edit: I did preschool and kindergarten so I've been in some sort of school type situation or another since 3.